August 23, 2014 | 1789 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

I used this in Mont Blanc off and on for a couple of years. I found it to be one of the best after a lot of experimentation, but never loved it and new I'd switch to something better as soon as I could find it.
Mont Blanc was an ok match for my skin but a little too dark. The pigmentation was always nice and the texture was kind of smooth creamy, which i liked, but it never really melted into my skin. It always looked powdery and makeup-y. It lasts quite well, but needs to be touched up around midday. It wasn't the worst for flakes, but definitely accentuates any dryness. It never did any real damage to my skin, but I always suspected it contributed to my blackheads.
I've finally switched to the Givenchy Prisme foundation, which is a miracle in a box for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

This is the most natural looking powder I have ever used. I first tried this on an emergency trip to Sephora after an unfortunate incident of losing my makeup case in a cab. I needed new powder ASAP! I had been using Makeup Forever's powder, but I figured this was an opportunity to try something new. I'm so glad I tried this one from Nars. The pigmentation is perfect. It brightens my skin without looking like I have makeup on! The sleek black packaging is oh so chic, I love pulling this out of my purse. Also it seems to go on really lightly. It's never an overdose to my face and it covers shine like a dream. Lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Jodi1

I can not believe I waited so long to try this foundation! I have used MAC Studio Fix off and on for years. I could only find a color match when I was super tan and even then it tended to look cakey and it smudged in places. But it stayed on longer than anything else I tried so I kept coming back. In between, I tried a long list of other products ranging from Chanel to Cover Girl. After reading many reviews on NARS, I decided to give it a try and I could not be more pleased. It matches my skin perftectly, has "build-up" coverage, does not cause me to break out, and last all day!!! My 15 year search for the perfect foundation if finally over! It is a little pricey, but well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by raindropz

I use this in Deauville and it matches my natural skin tone quite well. a bit light after my summer tan though.. =)

The good:
- for my acne-prone skin, this caused no problems
- can be applied wet or dry....i prefer wet as my cheeks tend to be dry. it also looks soft when applied wet
- goes on very naturally and photographs beautifully!
- cute packaging, with separate compartment for the sponge (and tiny holes so that bacteria doesn't get trapped

The not so good:
- i tend to be oily/shiny in the t-zone, but dry on my cheeks. this did a great job in the t-zone, but left my cheeks flaky. i used the NARS primer with it as recommended, but didn't help much

I'm still in search of the perfect foundation, so i think i'd give some of the other highly-ranked products a try first. if not, i'd come back to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by semarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been holding off on trying this powder foundation because of the price-but so glad I caved in and bought it last week! I have been wearing this over nars balanced fdtn or bobbi brown tinted moisturizer using a large powder brush and it sets my makeup perfectly for the day and keeps me from any touchups throughout the day. Usually, my nose gets shiny by midday-this keeps that from happening on my combo skin. I wear santa fe in both nars balanced and oil-free fdtn and got the santa fe in powder fdtn. This has a very light coverage when applied with a brush-in fact-it doesn't really remind me of other powder foundations because I find it to be the lightest and most fine milled texture of any powder foundation I've tried. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by lovebuzz2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really dry skin. But in the summer time my skin is moist from the heat. I like to use a compact to obsorbe extra moisture. Nars is bomb! The applicator is a soft sponge puff that feels so soft when you touch it to your face.I also like to use the sponge to apply liquid foundation as well. I tend to break out as well but this covers very well.Also, the compact is a large nars black piece of love.So great.I feel like a model when I put it on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

First thing you should know about this product is that it runs one shade darker than NARS liquid foundations. So whatever you buy in their liquid foundation, go one shade LIGHTER in this powder foundation. I am pale PPP with yellow/neutral undertones, and I wear NARS liquid foundation in Deauville. But in this Powder Foundation I wear Monte Blanc. I think a lot of the problems people are having with color is because they don't know they have to go a shade lighter than they think. Trust me on this one.

Anyway, I love this foundation. It is very finely milled so it goes on really beautifully and just melts into my skin. It manages to help control the oil but at the same time looks so natural and like a part of my skin. It's like my skin but better. It feels lighter and more breathable than liquid foundation. The color is beautiful and stays true all day. (When I initally tried the Deauville shade it looked okay for the first hour or so, then it started to look too tan and almost orangey as the day passed ... but that's because it was the wrong shade for me. When I went down to Monte Blanc, the color stayed perfect all day.).

I like the super-soft texture of the powder - it feels comfortable on my skin. And I like how I can reapply without any cakey build-up. I also like the ultra-soft sponge that comes with it. I find that applying with the sponge gives me more coverage and oil-control throughout the day than applying with a brush.

I do not wear any liquid foundation under this - just my spf moisturizer, then a dusting of Marutake Rice Powder (for oil control), then this powder foundation. The finish is beautiful - a natural matte (not dry and not dewy - just really, really natural looking). I can't find a single thing that I don't like about this foundation. I highly recommend it. :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by beatachica1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i wore this with and without the balanced foundation underneath, and it works best on top of it , but well w/o too

this is a high coverage, not so fine powder

i love the packaging (all powder fondt should come with separate compartment for sponge)

this looks best by pressing and patting the powder into your skin with the sponge first, then using the botan (or any) kubuki in circular motion to buff

im light olive and self tan, and got figi

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2008 10:17:00 AM More reviews by beautifulasian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all i have combination skin which tends to be oilier in summer and gets quite dry in winter. I had high hopes for this powder foundation because this one looked quite sleek in its packaging (but not very convenient) and kinda high end products.

1) This is very finely milled and quite easy to apply. I liked its sheer -(but buildable) coverage and it gave me just right coverage i wanted..maybe a little heavy for me. I thought this was just a pressed powder but i was wrong. This was a power foundation and i did not know. When i bought this, the person said this is pressed power.. i guess this can be both.

2) On my skin, this has no lasting power. This just slicks off in 2 or 3 hours. I have tried this alone or over moisturizer or just over freshly cleansed skin or over toned skin or over foundation. Same results and yes this gets oompah loompah (altho i dont know the exact meaning of this word).. When i first apply this, this product seems to glide on and due to its very fine nature, do not use brush. please use puff or spoonge. and this covers my imperfections quite well despite its very light feel...(i dont feel much on my face and i like this..i hate to feel makeup on my face) ...but after a while,, it makes me look like i am not wearing nothing (if i wear this alone) or just makes my face look very oily soon (if i wear something under it)

I hate this product and wont buy it again. This was waste of money. Maybelline is a lot better than this. I used shade "eden" and was a good colour match though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by collegestudent88

The only shade I used of this wasn't exactly my skin shade so that is the only thing I didn't like (not sure if they have my shade). But other than that, it was fairly big and lasted me around 6 months. Good coverage. I wish the compact could be a little smaller.