October 30, 2014 | 1707 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm really not sure why, but I don't think this concealer is special in any way.

I bought it after reading the reviews here. And having quite dark circles I thought I'd give it a shot.

I applied it alone. Nothing special. I applied it on top of my concealer. Tiny improvement.

I can always see a greyish halo no matter what. A small amount of the MAC studio concealer will achieve similar results. So I can't say that it's a bad concealer, cuz it's good, just not any better than what I get with the MAC one.

It would work perfectly as simply a highlighter, not concealer.

Might repurchase...

UPDATE: I was horrified when I looked at my face wearing this in proper lighting. Oh my God! This is the most drying ever! I never felt my skin tight at all, but it just looks so so so so dry. It does look fantastic though in photos - you will see no trace of dark circles while wearing this! No wonder it's a celeb fav...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by cvlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading many positive reviews online and in fashion magazines I decided to purchase this product. I live in Australia, sometimes Chemist Warehouse has these for $29.95.
After a few times of using this product, keeping in mind that it is a highlighter not a concealer, i thought it was.. ok.. (i apply my concealer then touche eclat). There wasnt much of a difference between the before and after application but since I already bought it I continued to use it.
After about two weeks, the skin around my eyes became RED, ITCHY, FLAKY/DRY. I went to the doctor and was given a cream to apply, it took almost TWO WEEKS for the irritation to go away. Not realising it was the TOUCHE ECLAT that I reacted to I started using it again and this time my skin got red and flaky THE NEXT DAY!! Now I'm annoyed because it took forever for the irritation to go away the last time ;( I work in the cosmetics industry and it is part of my uniform to wear make up to work so I've tried tones of products and NEVER have I reacted to ANYTHING!!!! So be warned, if you decide to purchase this, keep your receipt, you may react to it a few weeks after using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Nessabella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have purchased YSL Touche Eclat a few times. This first time, i lost if after a few weeks. I was so devastated.

This product is truly amazing! It really brightens up my skin. I mainly use it under my eyes, but sometimes I use it as an under brow highlighter.

It is pretty expensive, but i think it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by elmatic

This is absolutely amazing! I was sold immediately when the sales assistant tested it on one eye and the effect was utterly noticeable with the other bare eye. It may seem pricey but one press for me can cover both eyes. You need to pat it down firmly and at first, it looks visble but it then just melts into your bags.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by OrtLing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is fairly pricey for a concealer but I love that it is not cakey like other concealers I had tried before. Very light and can double as a highlighter too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a very good liquid concealer! It works brilliantly when used to cover dark under-eye circles. And the brush has the perfect length; if it gets too long it's imposible to use. The downside is the price, but it is twice the size of most of the similar products. This is the best colour if you are very fair, but with yellow skin tone. Warning: Do not use this on spots, as it works as a highlighter as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lilly21

I always have dark circles under my eyes, and this just makes my eyes look so much better, i look very awake:) But dont use it on acne, it just makes them more visible.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this one on a whim. At 26 I don't have much for dark circles to cover, but everyone can use a little help, right? As I have discovered, you can really use this as more of a highlighter than a concealer even though it has no discernible shimmer as most highlighters do. I use this on the outside part of my undereye area, under my brows, inner corners of my eyes, and the cupid's bow of my lips to add light without shimmer or shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I returned my Holiday package because it came with #1, meant for pink tones. I'm asian, I need it yellow. Sadly, after forking $40 for this, it does nothing. It blends in with my face and does nothing to highlight. I swiped it under my eyes, brows, chine, along the nose, and upper cheek bones. Barely noticeable. I'm giving this one more week before I return it. It might be better just to use a powder highlighter as it would be cheaper and more effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

I had high hopes for this product though it turns out, there's nothing really special. I personally only use this for my under eye to brighten the area. I use the tiniest amount, otherwise I'll get white patches under my eyes! I don't detect the yellow undertones in this (maybe because I haven't compared it to the No.1) but the effect is basically like a white eyeliner in the inner tear duct. I can't use this as a highlighter anywhere else because it's too pasty white for my olive skintone. I'd think that there was some kind of shimmer in this...though there doesn't appear to be any? Nevertheless, the packaging is a sure winner. Extremely chic and luxurious and I love the click-pen idea. Other than that, it's really too expensive for the purpose it serves... I have other concealers that do virtually the same thing, so I won't repurchase.