July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Nessabella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have purchased YSL Touche Eclat a few times. This first time, i lost if after a few weeks. I was so devastated.

This product is truly amazing! It really brightens up my skin. I mainly use it under my eyes, but sometimes I use it as an under brow highlighter.

It is pretty expensive, but i think it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by elmatic

This is absolutely amazing! I was sold immediately when the sales assistant tested it on one eye and the effect was utterly noticeable with the other bare eye. It may seem pricey but one press for me can cover both eyes. You need to pat it down firmly and at first, it looks visble but it then just melts into your bags.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by OrtLing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is fairly pricey for a concealer but I love that it is not cakey like other concealers I had tried before. Very light and can double as a highlighter too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a very good liquid concealer! It works brilliantly when used to cover dark under-eye circles. And the brush has the perfect length; if it gets too long it's imposible to use. The downside is the price, but it is twice the size of most of the similar products. This is the best colour if you are very fair, but with yellow skin tone. Warning: Do not use this on spots, as it works as a highlighter as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lilly21

I always have dark circles under my eyes, and this just makes my eyes look so much better, i look very awake:) But dont use it on acne, it just makes them more visible.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by zem137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this one on a whim. At 26 I don't have much for dark circles to cover, but everyone can use a little help, right? As I have discovered, you can really use this as more of a highlighter than a concealer even though it has no discernible shimmer as most highlighters do. I use this on the outside part of my undereye area, under my brows, inner corners of my eyes, and the cupid's bow of my lips to add light without shimmer or shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I returned my Holiday package because it came with #1, meant for pink tones. I'm asian, I need it yellow. Sadly, after forking $40 for this, it does nothing. It blends in with my face and does nothing to highlight. I swiped it under my eyes, brows, chine, along the nose, and upper cheek bones. Barely noticeable. I'm giving this one more week before I return it. It might be better just to use a powder highlighter as it would be cheaper and more effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

I had high hopes for this product though it turns out, there's nothing really special. I personally only use this for my under eye to brighten the area. I use the tiniest amount, otherwise I'll get white patches under my eyes! I don't detect the yellow undertones in this (maybe because I haven't compared it to the No.1) but the effect is basically like a white eyeliner in the inner tear duct. I can't use this as a highlighter anywhere else because it's too pasty white for my olive skintone. I'd think that there was some kind of shimmer in this...though there doesn't appear to be any? Nevertheless, the packaging is a sure winner. Extremely chic and luxurious and I love the click-pen idea. Other than that, it's really too expensive for the purpose it serves... I have other concealers that do virtually the same thing, so I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thanks to Karla at TNBTTGSY, I have finally learned how to use this product for maximum effect and efficiency under my eyes (after having had two of these and swapped them away). The trick is to use concealer on the inner corner and inner half of the undereye area, then use TE on the outer half of the undereye area. This technique is incredible. I get coverage where I need it--on the inner corner and undereye area--and brightness and lift where it's most flattering--the outer half of the undereye area. This discovery has not only made me love my TE, it's made me a bit more adventurous with it. I dab a bit in an upward slant at the outer corner of my eyes and blend well for an instant lift effect. I also use it at the corners of my nose and mouth and the bow of my upper lip for a bit of subtle highlighting. This is great stuff when you figure out how to best use it for your needs.

Here's the link that explains the technique much better than I did:

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by marlon

Love this highlighter (as opposed to concealer). It does a great job when I apply it (and then blend w/ fingers) under my eyebrow, in the inner corner of my eye, around my nose wings and the corner of my mouth. It hs great effect on my face! I' m very happy with this stuff and should buy this again and again!
It is very important to have hygiene with this small brush and follow with hot water and some mild soap, or cleaned and disinfected with alcohol, dried in air and then put the cover on ( it is need do this every week or two!!!), so the concealer would be fresh and like new and non strange smelling for a whole year ( yes you could have this for whole year!!)!