The Body Shop Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Love the scent! Gentle effective scrub on my skin ( i cant take harsh scrubs) + i always use a brush to scrub in combination with a scrub. so this works well for my skin except for the crappy packaging.

Hate the packaging (& price)! Jar looks cute but it isnt practical or user friendly. You dig your fingers into the jar - unhygenic. Stupid complicated hinge that has wacked my fingers a few times! You worry about getting the insides wet so you scoope some in dry hands then close the jar & then you spread them all over & find you want more so your hands have difficulty opening the darn jar. i solve the problem by decanting some into a another container. BUt its a waste of my money for an impractical container. continued >>

This is a truly indulgent salt scrub. I can't get enough of the incredible scent and it is so gentle. I was doubtful about using it because the grains looked so fine compared to other salt scrubs I have used in the past. But I was pleaqsantly surprised because it is every bit as effective. I wish the packaging was different though. That lck on the lid always snaps back at me. But I guess it's a small price to pay because I bought four of these for $9/ea at a Body Shop sale. But I will repurchase when they are on sale again.

I love its smell, so divine. It makes my skin so soft..I normally use it for my hands. I've tried Crabtree&Evelyn Hand Recovery, and this salt scrub does the same job as the Hand Recovery. They're look the same texture too, dont you think?....I would definitely repurchase it.

This is a good body scrub, because it's very rich and creamy yet the salt particles are effective on rough parts, so your skin gets all smooth yet moisturized. The jar is not a good option: if you take the product with damp hands, it spoils pronto, because the salt melts and the oils start to rot. The smell is definitely yummy

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used to have this lying around in my bathroom, but one day after shaving i used this to exfoliate my skin. I have to admit, since it has salt particles in it, it did sting abit from all the little nicks and cuts after shaving BUT the after effect is just so amazing! Leaves my leg feeling so smooth and wow i never felt this sexy before. I use it right after my shave after i have put on my Dove firming shower gel which also works miracles! :)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I have also put it on my face and my skin feels so smooth and fresh and I have a beautiful glow on my face.
I will definitely buy this product again.

This body scrub is great! Yes, the granules are very fine, but the exfoliating properties are definitely there. It also smells wonderful, especially when combined with the body oil mist.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

one of my fav scrubs, it's like a paste, so very easy to work with, a little gores such a long way. there is shea butter in this, so your skin will feel really soft after each use. I started using this every other day and now I only use it once a week because that's all that is needed! The scent is great too, very soft and spicy, a man friendly scent

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I admit that I am a fan of the Africa line, though this isn't my favourite product in the line.

This is a fairly run of the mill scrub. I find it is more of an emollient body wash than a scrub, as the particles are fine and don't seem to have all that much of a sloughing effect.

I buy it more because I love the scent and how soft it leaves my skin, but I don't think it exfoliates particularly well. I also don't like the glass jar with the hard-to-close old-fashioned mason-jar-style lid - totally impractical for my tiny shower. I end up decanting smaller quantities of this into a plastic Rubbermaid tub with a pop on lid. A decent scrub and you get a HUGE amount for the price vis-a-vis other higher-end body scrubs, but I wouldn't say it is the best one out there. I also don't usually have to buy this for myself - my MIL usually gives me a bunch of stuff from the TBS Africa line every year as gifts ;-) continued >>

I really like the way the product works. My skin was very soft, but I love the scent.

The jar is a great! Though I am partial to glass containers.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products