April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2005 7:30:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to have this lying around in my bathroom, but one day after shaving i used this to exfoliate my skin. I have to admit, since it has salt particles in it, it did sting abit from all the little nicks and cuts after shaving BUT the after effect is just so amazing! Leaves my leg feeling so smooth and wow i never felt this sexy before. I use it right after my shave after i have put on my Dove firming shower gel which also works miracles! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2005 1:54:00 PM More reviews by calidesigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have also put it on my face and my skin feels so smooth and fresh and I have a beautiful glow on my face.
I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2005 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Mirabel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This body scrub is great! Yes, the granules are very fine, but the exfoliating properties are definitely there. It also smells wonderful, especially when combined with the body oil mist.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2005 1:33:00 AM More reviews by sunn0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

one of my fav scrubs, it's like a paste, so very easy to work with, a little gores such a long way. there is shea butter in this, so your skin will feel really soft after each use. I started using this every other day and now I only use it once a week because that's all that is needed! The scent is great too, very soft and spicy, a man friendly scent

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Sashayy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I admit that I am a fan of the Africa line, though this isn't my favourite product in the line.

This is a fairly run of the mill scrub. I find it is more of an emollient body wash than a scrub, as the particles are fine and don't seem to have all that much of a sloughing effect.

I buy it more because I love the scent and how soft it leaves my skin, but I don't think it exfoliates particularly well. I also don't like the glass jar with the hard-to-close old-fashioned mason-jar-style lid - totally impractical for my tiny shower. I end up decanting smaller quantities of this into a plastic Rubbermaid tub with a pop on lid. A decent scrub and you get a HUGE amount for the price vis-a-vis other higher-end body scrubs, but I wouldn't say it is the best one out there. I also don't usually have to buy this for myself - my MIL usually gives me a bunch of stuff from the TBS Africa line every year as gifts ;-) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2004 3:01:00 PM More reviews by suzclark

I really like the way the product works. My skin was very soft, but I love the scent.

The jar is a great! Though I am partial to glass containers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by calyx_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a fantastic product! I've tried a wide variety of body scrubs, from the cheap drugstore kind right through to (quote, unquote) "premium" brands such as Clinique. This scrub wins hands (and body!) down.
The salt scrub granules are quite fine, but they get the job done surprisingly well. It has a divine light fragrance that lingers after the scrub's been rinsed off. I was really surprised and pleased at how great my skin looked and felt after using Africa Spa scrub.
Whilst it looks good in the store, the packaging is really impractical in the bathroom. The jar is awkward and clunky and the latch on the side of the jar takes quite a bit of pressure to "snap" open. It’s not “shower-friendly” at all. The other downside for me was the price. I nearly died when the salesgirl told me the price for a 350 ml jar. At AUD. $49.95, it's more expensive than "premium" department store scrubs I've tried in the past. If The Body Shop were willing to redesign the packaging and reduce the price a little, they'd have a sure-fire hit on their hands. However, if you have the means, don't let the somewhat exorbitant price put you off trying this product. It’s a real 'honest-to-goodness' beauty product gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2004 10:47:00 AM More reviews by trigin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product for the fine salt crystals and great fragrance!
Exfoliates nicely and leaves skin smooth and softly glowing with a touch of a warm,sensual fragrance. I believe this is TBS's star product in Singapore. Price wise is $49.90 for 350ml, which is slightly more expensive than the other oily scrubs offered by TBS! Rinses off nicely without stickiness. I stay in a humid country and does not like overly "moisturising" scrubs! Definately buy it again, esp when it's on sale!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2004 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Roxy_chic01171989

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was disapointed with this product. It is really gentle and i was hoping for something a bit more gritty. It smells really purfumey. It did make my skin soft though. It comes in a pretty jar, and it hasnt rusted for me because i keep it in the cabinet, but it will rust if you leave it near water. this product did not impress me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2004 10:20:00 AM More reviews by em1387

I LOVE THIS! the texture is smooth enough for my sensitive skin and it does wonders. if only it wasn't so expensive! i nearlly fainted when i saw how much it was in the shops (a friend gave some to me as a present). and the jar even though it's not glass any more, still is annoying to use. but i'm willing to oversome that because the product is so nice! definitely a HG for me!