October 22, 2014 | 1980 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2007 6:09:00 AM More reviews by fioni87

I was have no intentional to purchase anything this afternoon, but after looked around in estee lauder counter, i was really really tempted to buy this foundation. A bit hesistated at first 'coz i rarely use foundation, but the SA was really nice, she helped me to pick the suitable shade and applied it to one of my cheeks so i can compare the result. It was so niceee, it blends naturally to my skin, doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin and the colour is just right for me(fresco).
    I couldn't help myself for not to buy it even though it's pricey. Moreover, the nice SA gave me a free pure color lipstick!

It did make my nose and forehead shiny though (after few hours).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Zakhava

I was looking for a sheer, natural look foundation that would have matched my skin tone. I tried different brands untill finally found this one. It's GREAT! I love how my skin looks. My face looks fresh and natural (I have normal skin). Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by jennot

I prefer higher end foundations as they look more natural. This is definitely one of the best sheer foundations I have ever tried, it goes on smoothly and evenly, lasts all day, and helps control the oil on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by yvonne724

it's light and the texture is good and color range is great and looks great when i put it on but unfortunately it does not last very long on my combination skin. the t zone looks quite shiny soon. but i guess this would be quite a good foundation for those with dry/normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by southrnbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim at CCO in Vellum (~$22 IIRC) about a month ago when I was on a foundation kick. It has less coverage than I had hoped. I'm not impressed with it. I'll finish my tube (squeeze tube is great, btw), but not repurchase. I'm not sure that a natural finish with great coverage is attainable. I'm liking Double Wear much more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2006 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because my usual Prescriptives foundation (Traceless Level 2) was out of stock. In desperation I headed for the Estee Lauder counter as I'd read about Individualist and guessed it would be the nearest in texture to my favourite Prescriptives and now I'm a convert! I have to say the SA I saw was very thorough when matching my skin. She recommended "Fresco" and I was highly sceptical as I had previously tried this shade in "Double Wear" and it turned far too dark on me, so she sent me off armed with a generous sample to try at home and I have to say she was right. I am so thrilled with the results it gives me. It glides on with your fingers (I've never got to grips with brushes or sponges!), it does not feel heavy but has a slightly thicker coverage than Traceless (which I'm happy with) without blanking out my freckles! I'd describe my skin as normal to dry on the cheeks with an oiler T Zone. It gives me a very natural, dewy look and makes my skin feel beautiful.As another poster mentioned it smooths out fine lines too. All this and it lasts the day! Worth every penny in my book and a little goes a long way. Needless to say I used up the sample and bought a tube - I've found my new HG foundation and I'd definately recommend it - I couldn't fault it!

UPDATE 2/1/09: Since EL introduced DW light - I have become a convert - simply because I think it has a superior finish and I prefer its long lasting qualities in hot weather. Individualist is a great foundation but its just a matter of preferance!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jjcassada

I have looked and looked for the perfect makeup and I have spent a small fortune looking for it (You know what I am talking about) I bought this hopeing it would be the one and it was!! I am now a Dawn #18 user and I couldn't be happier with it! It is a little pricey but to me it is worth it not wasting money on stuff I can't use and pay a little more for something I can.It does go on natural like they say. My skin is a little on the dry side but it is great. It is not a Matte and not greasey either. I have not had a problem like some of the others with haveing to reaply it and I am pretty hard on my makeup. I like the way it covers those small lines now that I am 35,and it does minimize pores but If you had large pores I am not sure how it would do.This is my favorite makeup that I have found out there and I honestly have looked. The only bad thing I can say would be the colors do tend to run a little darker than normal.I would highly recommend this to anyone that wants someting that feels natural and has those little lines they would like to hide for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2006 5:08:00 PM More reviews by lily14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted a more natural look on the days when my rosacea skin is half-way presentable. The SA sold me beech as the lightest tone in the range. I got it home and discovered that in fact it looked deep orange against my skintone. What a waste of money. There's no point in producing a foundation if they produce a mid-orange as the palest shade. However, the finish would have been quite nice if it had actually matched my skintone, and it also did last most of the day. Avoid buying this if you need a pale ivory shade though, and don't let the SA persuade you that the colour is ok!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

It's not too matte, not too glowy, just right. I am an OSNT (DSNT in the winter) and this tones down my rosacea quite well without looking like a mask. The color I purchased was 1N1 Fair and it's perfect. I really like the bottle, so your not dipping your fingers or a sponge into it. I use this with the Aeromatte powder and look radiant. Go to your local EL counter to get a colormatch and they'll give you a little sample to take with you. **UPDATE** I've switched to Bobbi Brown's Moisture Rich for winter. They have Alabaster which is the perfect shade for me while none of the Lauder shades are light enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2006 5:17:00 AM More reviews by lclc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this foundation makes me look younger. It seems to hide the fine lines on my forehead without looking too mask-like in its coverage. In fact, I like it because the coverage is buildable. I can apply it lightly to my cheeks, where my skin is smooth, but I can apply more to the red areas on my chin and it still looks natural. Also, if I have breakouts, I can use this to cover them instead of concealer. And it looks great over bare skin or with a moisturizer underneath. (It doesn't work well with Lancome's Pure Focus oil-control moisturizer though. That moisturizer combined with the Individualist leads to one sticky, unblendable mess.)
    In addition, this foundation comes in a tube which I think is more sanitary than a bottle.