April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2006 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Wolfmaster

First of all, I must make a disclaimr that I'm a LUSH addict, and this happened only over a week. In the past, taking a shower is just a routine for me so that I'm cleaned. But ever since I discovered LUSH, it has completely changed! I totally look forward to my showers/baths!

This is a piece of dark purple jello with some glitter/irridescent stuff on top (does not linger on your body, washes completely away). It comes in a plastic tub (yes, cheap looking kind), and it's very expensive.

I love black currants, so I must try this. There is a massage bar that has a similiar scent but I am not excited about being scold by my dh about staining my shower, so i picked this instead.

Yes, you need to "learn" how to use this, but it's part of the fun!!

If you put a little bit of the jelly into your shower puff/loof whatever the hell you call that thing, it lathers amazingly well, no product is wasted. It is not difficult to use, people!! Give it a try if you like blackcurrant!! It's fruity, sweet, and makes me uber happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by strawberry_suger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am proud to say I have mastered the technique of using the lush shower jellys! I keep a chunk in a shampoo tin, and when the time is right turn off the shower, take out a small amount and squish onto my soft (synthetic) loofah until the loofah is full of soapy bubbles. Et voila! This does indeed smell like blackcurrant doughnuts to me, and has cute little bits of glitter in which wash away but are fun to look at (i'm easily pleased). YOu do have to be careful that it doesn't wash away, but my tactics usully prevent this from happening. It doesn't do much clensing-wise so i use soap as well, but it smells nice and is fun and cheap so i treat myself! I use the loofer to scrub anyway so I might as well! I would reccomend to anyone who enjoys/is as fanatic about the showering experiance as me. I'm moving onto the strawberry one next, wohoo!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2005 2:47:00 AM More reviews by FireKittenEMT

I gave this two lippies: one for the luscious black currant scent (think You Snap the Whip), and one for Lush's innovation. I really love how they make products that are just so unique. Unfortunately with innovation comes occasional failure, and this product is one such example.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to hold! My boyfriend even tried it and could not hold onto it. Try holding a slick piece of Jello in the shower and it will save you the expense of buying this product. If you can hold onto it for a second, it appears to have lathering qualities, but basically this entire tub was wasted - down my drain as soon as I got it in my hand. I cannot tell you how frustrating that is. And yes, I did chill it - it merely prevents it from melting quite as quickly, but nonetheless it still melts.

Do not waste your money on this - the new buttercreams are where it's at!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2005 4:31:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

I just went to the release party for these and they lived up to my expectation of them: they are USELESS!! I dont think I can ever forgive them for discontinuing slammer and still dont have a clue what their reasoning was for discontinuing ALL of the shower gels. I doubt they 'all' sold poorly...oh well, I'll ban these jellies and continue to buy the products I love from them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by triangleX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm very surprised to see the many negative reviews for all the shower jellies. i love them...they're so much fun! true that lush's solid soaps and shower gels are the absolute best, but these are a close second IMO. i bought a large piece, and it came packaged in a nice plastic container w/lid so it stores easy. i keep mine in the fridge or icebox and right before i shower i pull off a SMALL chunk (about a 1" piece is more than enough) and carry it in on my soap dish till i use it. they are very slippery and squishy so it is a little more difficult to hold but i haven't had problems with it. i simply use it like any other solid soap by holding the piece in my hand and rubbing it in everywhere. it lathers nicely (seems much gentler than a regular soap and non-drying too) and i usually don't even need as big a piece as i cut off. some does slip away and go down the drain but it's always tiny little nothing bits so i don't care. i love the bergamont/cherry/blackcurrant scent...everytime i use it i am reminded of a rich, fruity red wine. plus the scent lingers for a while. you only need a tiny bit so this will last me for months...i hope lush keeps them around long enough so that i can repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there were a "maybe" option for the question, "Would you buy this product again?" Sweetie Pie has both pros and cons for me. The main "pro" is the wonderful sweet black currant scent; it smells just like Ribena, and brings back memories of a summer visit to London. The "cons" are the price, the need to keep this product frozen or refrigerated, and the difficulty of using it. I've finally learned to cut off a small chilled piece, about the size of a pair of dice, and quickly *smoosh* it deep into the heart of a mesh bath puff, then squish it into liquid and suds. It any of the jelly falls off the puff, it's lost down the drain. I might try Sweetie Pie again, but not on a regular basis, the way I did, say, Skinny Dip or Happy for Sad shower GELS.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2005 6:21:00 PM More reviews by FluffyOneForAlways

Shower jellies must have been made somewhere in the 7th layer of hell. Only a dark underlord could have come up with a product this horrible and sadistic. Sweetie pie smells very musty to me. Like the rug after a dog peed on it. I smell cherries mixed in with the pee smell. Currants just dont agree with me. But the jelly itself. Oh God help us. It is the consistency of snot. When I managed to get a little piece of jelly to wash with, it didn't lather at all and mostly slipped out of my hands and kept falling on the shower floor. I couldn't hold onto it. Is this supposed to be soap? I took it back to the store for a full refund.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No