LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

3.7

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Infusion (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer), Snowflake Lustre Colour, Colour 61585, Colour 18050, Methylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

HATE the smell, LOVE the texture. jellies are super-fun, especially when you keep them in the freezer. this one just smells so bad! but i'll be buying more of other scents.

on 8/28/2007 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

You definitely need to be the kind of person who can appreciate this for what it is~ a concept product, designed to be fun, stand out from your normal blah routine, and smell delicious.

I love it! Obviously if I'm in a hurry it doesn't work for me, but I take around 4 showers a day and I love playing around with this stuff in the shower (even better when you've got your SO with you!) it's just a FUN product.

I took a lippie off because the smell is a bit like cough syrup after a while.

I purchased this against my better judgment, knowing that the concept of a shower jelly was silly and impractical. But I couldn't resist the scent. This smells great - like cherries and blackcurrant jam. Wonderful, but WHY OH WHY cannot Lush make this in a regular squeeze bottle shower gel? (I know that they are trying to conserve on packaging for the environment....but still...a plastic bottle is not much more damaging than the plastic tub that this comes in anyway!) The consistency of this product is like Jello, it jiggles and flops around your shower like it would on your plate. It is a pain to use but it is not as difficult as I thought it would be. I scoop a small bit out of the tub with my fingernails and then push it into the center of my shower puff. It does lather well and is pleasant to wash with. I just hate the concept of a jelly. It is really silly. I do hope they change the format of this soon!

on 3/26/2007 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This came in the Very Berry giftbox and didn't think I was going to enjoy it but boy was I wrong. It makes showering fun! I just use a tiny amount and squish it in my shower puff. The lather smells like gummy bears, so yummy! It also leaves my skin feeling soft. I prefer this over any shower gel any day.

on 3/10/2007 12:25:00 AM

Like others have said- beautiful smell, very sweet and fruity, but uber-annoying to use. This dark purple jelly does have the promised sweet blackcurrant scent. It smells divine. But usage is a bit problematic. I can't use the bar straight- it just flops about and I end up dropping it. So, instead, I end up squishing some into my shower puff. If I'm going to go to all that effort, I'd really rather have a gel. In its little plastic tub these jellies are absolutely impossible to transport, and you can't keep the whole thing in the shower.

on 3/8/2007 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't understand the reviews that say this is hard to hold, I've found it easy to use, the smell is DIVINE and will make your whole bathroom smell like food.

Everyone whom I've had smell Sweetie Pie was absolutely delighted and wanted to eat it :)

even my uber-masculine boyfriend loves it, he says it smells like jellybeans.

it's very gentle and hasn't dried my skin out at all, even in the dry patches.

on 11/28/2006 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

well...what can I say. It does smell pretty good, though I can see this being too sweet-smelling for some. It takes some time getting used to because the consistency is like hard jello. I found this lathered well, but dried me out in certain areas of my body.

on 9/4/2006 2:11:00 PM

the scent is to die for!!! simply irresistable! it's so sweet and fruity, like blackcurrants! it's not really difficult to use, albeit troublesome. you hv to use a loofah or mess sponge to lather up. simply rub your sponge over the top of the jelly and you get LOADS of lather. your jelly lasts longer this way too. only complaint is that the smell doesn't linger on your skin at all.. :(

on 8/7/2006 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought this purely for the smell, I didn't have a lot of faith in shower jellies but thought I'd give them at least one chance. Well, after what was to be a most relaxing bath I am sitting here typing this and my skin is on freakin' FIRE. The glitter pieces in this jelly have given me patches of the most painful, stinging rash all over my body. I've never been allergic to anything before, and have used the jelly without a problem, till I decided to use the glittery part. I smell great but feel like there's glass shards embedded all over my skin. I'm never ever touching this stuff again.

If you do fork out the cash for this pathetic LUSH gimmick, for the love of god REMOVE THE GLITTER!

on 7/28/2006 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've never had any LUSH smell gross me out before - this is a first. I got this for my birthday half a year ago yet I can't bring myself to finish it. Too sweet and too synthetic. This probably will end up turning me away from any blackcurrent scented things forever. It's really that bad. :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials

LUSH Shower Jellies: Review & Demo by Danielle (LePooke)

Top Rated LUSH Products