September 21, 2014 | 1273 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

well...what can I say. It does smell pretty good, though I can see this being too sweet-smelling for some. It takes some time getting used to because the consistency is like hard jello. I found this lathered well, but dried me out in certain areas of my body.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2006 2:11:00 PM More reviews by daphn3_t

the scent is to die for!!! simply irresistable! it's so sweet and fruity, like blackcurrants! it's not really difficult to use, albeit troublesome. you hv to use a loofah or mess sponge to lather up. simply rub your sponge over the top of the jelly and you get LOADS of lather. your jelly lasts longer this way too. only complaint is that the smell doesn't linger on your skin at all.. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 3:04:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this purely for the smell, I didn't have a lot of faith in shower jellies but thought I'd give them at least one chance. Well, after what was to be a most relaxing bath I am sitting here typing this and my skin is on freakin' FIRE. The glitter pieces in this jelly have given me patches of the most painful, stinging rash all over my body. I've never been allergic to anything before, and have used the jelly without a problem, till I decided to use the glittery part. I smell great but feel like there's glass shards embedded all over my skin. I'm never ever touching this stuff again.

If you do fork out the cash for this pathetic LUSH gimmick, for the love of god REMOVE THE GLITTER!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by euph0rik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never had any LUSH smell gross me out before - this is a first. I got this for my birthday half a year ago yet I can't bring myself to finish it. Too sweet and too synthetic. This probably will end up turning me away from any blackcurrent scented things forever. It's really that bad. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tishwest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wayyy too sweet for me. So much so that it made me nauseaus. I really hate to waste but I just washed the other 1/2 down the drain. I can't get thru it and it didn't grow on me. Headache inducing. It does smell like super sweet cherry cough drops as the other reviewers have mentioned. Not the smell I'm looking to have on my skin. Not to mention the little pieces of "glitter" which actually felt more like little slivers of glass when rubbed on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ahappyplace

Sorry, LUSH, but I don't get "black currant jelly doughnuts" from this at all. Try mentholated cherry cough drops! Awful, awful stuff. The little bugger was kind of fun to use in a cool shower after spending a day in the heat, but I just couldn't get past that horrid smell, not to mention the shredded cellophane "glitter" that is like shrapnel on the skin. My little pot of Sweetie Pie is sitting abandoned in the freezer, and will probably stay there indefinitely, unless I'm feeling particularly sadistic one day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2006 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is fun! I dont have an issue with holding it - yes, it can be slippery but you dont need much for a yummy lather. I just grip it like i'm making a fist and its fine.
Yum!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2006 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Wolfmaster

First of all, I must make a disclaimr that I'm a LUSH addict, and this happened only over a week. In the past, taking a shower is just a routine for me so that I'm cleaned. But ever since I discovered LUSH, it has completely changed! I totally look forward to my showers/baths!

This is a piece of dark purple jello with some glitter/irridescent stuff on top (does not linger on your body, washes completely away). It comes in a plastic tub (yes, cheap looking kind), and it's very expensive.

I love black currants, so I must try this. There is a massage bar that has a similiar scent but I am not excited about being scold by my dh about staining my shower, so i picked this instead.

Yes, you need to "learn" how to use this, but it's part of the fun!!

If you put a little bit of the jelly into your shower puff/loof whatever the hell you call that thing, it lathers amazingly well, no product is wasted. It is not difficult to use, people!! Give it a try if you like blackcurrant!! It's fruity, sweet, and makes me uber happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by strawberry_suger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am proud to say I have mastered the technique of using the lush shower jellys! I keep a chunk in a shampoo tin, and when the time is right turn off the shower, take out a small amount and squish onto my soft (synthetic) loofah until the loofah is full of soapy bubbles. Et voila! This does indeed smell like blackcurrant doughnuts to me, and has cute little bits of glitter in which wash away but are fun to look at (i'm easily pleased). YOu do have to be careful that it doesn't wash away, but my tactics usully prevent this from happening. It doesn't do much clensing-wise so i use soap as well, but it smells nice and is fun and cheap so i treat myself! I use the loofer to scrub anyway so I might as well! I would reccomend to anyone who enjoys/is as fanatic about the showering experiance as me. I'm moving onto the strawberry one next, wohoo!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2005 2:47:00 AM More reviews by FireKittenEMT

I gave this two lippies: one for the luscious black currant scent (think You Snap the Whip), and one for Lush's innovation. I really love how they make products that are just so unique. Unfortunately with innovation comes occasional failure, and this product is one such example.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to hold! My boyfriend even tried it and could not hold onto it. Try holding a slick piece of Jello in the shower and it will save you the expense of buying this product. If you can hold onto it for a second, it appears to have lathering qualities, but basically this entire tub was wasted - down my drain as soon as I got it in my hand. I cannot tell you how frustrating that is. And yes, I did chill it - it merely prevents it from melting quite as quickly, but nonetheless it still melts.

Do not waste your money on this - the new buttercreams are where it's at!