I got a sample of this multipurpose dry oil, I've been wanting to test it for a very long time so finally I got a chance to try it. I used it as a moisturizing body oil and I have to say that I like it. The scent is very subtle and pleasant. It feels very nourising and softens the skin. Love it! I will definitely buy it in full size. I have not tried it on my hair though. Now I understand what the hype is about.
* My Skin – normal to dry, drier in the winter and hormonal acne.
* Review – I must admit, I was hesitant about this at first. Initially, I thought the scent was too sweet. And I’m not a sweet scent kind of gal. But I also must admit, I grew to like the scent. A lot! It’s actually not so sweet as it reminds me of summer and sunshine in a garden of romantic flowers. This is unique and luxuriously scented dry oil containing 6 Precious Oils (Borage, St. John's Wort, Sweet Almond, Camellia, Hazelnut and Macadamia) and Vitamin E. This dry oil nourishes, repairs and softens the face, body and hair. It penetrates quickly and leaves skin feeling soft and silky, not greasy nor shiny. This is the first dry oil I've used in a very long time. Growing up, I used to use Neutrogena Body Oil with Sesame, also a dry oil but absolutely nothing in comparison to this lovely gem. This French multipurpose dry oil is: (a) better formulated, (b) better scented, (c) better packaged and (d) much more elegant than the Neutrogena dry oil. By a thousand percent! I’ve tested this all over and I like it most on my face and neck as my skin reacts very favorably to it. No breakouts, no rashes, no irritation whatsoever. Unfortunately given its high price point, it’s too cost-prohibitive to use on the body every day. If I did that, I'd have to purchase a new bottle every week! I like a drop or two on my face and décolleté. The nice square glass bottle is aesthetically pleasing too, similar to a bottle of perfume. A perfect elegant addition to my bathroom beauty vanity tray. And while this multipurpose dry oil is not an absolute must in anyone's beauty cabinet, it's one of those products that makes you feel good just to have and to use. For me, the "feel good" factor makes this wonderful to have and use on a daily basis. I plan to to try the Huile Prodigieuse Or (which has golden shimmers) this summer. Hopefully, it will be as lovely as this original.
* Price: A 50 ml. / 1.6 fl. oz. bottle retails for about €15. Variety of sizes available. Look for this at all pharmacies and parapharmacies.
* Tip: I like to mix a drop or two of this with unscented lotion at night. Helps keep my skin super soft, especially in the winter!
* Verdict – Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse is a dreamy dry oil and a real delight to use. I will repurchase forever.
** SUMMER 2012 UPDATE**
I'm happy to report that my fondness for Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse has not abated or diminished. I was tempted by other dry oils recently launched on the market, like the new Huile Divine by Caudalie and the NutriExtra Huile Extraordinaire by Vichy, but after testing those, I still stand by my favorite Nuxe product and remain faithful to it. In fact, I love the unique scent of this dry oil so much, I picked up a bottle of the new Prodigieux le parfum by Nuxe recently whilst in Paris and I'm so pleased to report that the new fragrance does not disappoint! (See my in-depth review for it in p'ville for further details.) It's really lovely to apply the dry oil and then layer on with the complementary fragrance for the full "Prodigieuse/ieux" effect. I think fans of the Prodigieuse scent will most assuredly like the new fragrance as well ;)
This stuff is a god send for the winter. I have wavy hair that comes to just below my clavicle. My hair gets incredibly dry this time of year, and starts splitting at the ends. This year, I've been rubbing in Nuxe; not only does it shape my hair (i.e. instead of being an insane mess, it settles down into a nice defined spiral), it prevents the splits I get from the wind and cold dry air. I try not to put it near the roots though, otherwise I start getting super oily. I rub in a few drops right at the ends. Perfection.
I use it to seal in lotion on my skin too. I'll definitely be buying again.
I took off one star because I know it's not all oil, there's some other stuff in it, and it does build up if you use it day after day. I'd ideally like something that was pure oil and didn't have any other additives in it, but I'm still looking.
I have oily skin in my face. But just yesterday night, after spreading this oil on my arms, I decided to use on my face and neck to see what could happen. Today I woke up with the skin I used to have when I was 18: perfectly balanced, no lines and well firm (well, it is not so plump as it used to be, but that is another story...). Even an inflammed breakout was totally appaised - the borage oil has powerful antiiflammatory properties.
Then I just rinsed the face with water and applied a my regular moisturizer (normal to combo skin) and after hours now, my skin is still happy. So, every other day it is! I concluded the oil is produced to protect the skin. If you provide it, the skin receeds on its production. If you scratch it out, the skin will produce more.
this stuff is amazing! i got serious dry spots around my nose only during the winter time and i barely need a drop of this oil to really hydrate it the entire day! it doesnt come off greasy, absorbs well, and smells pleasant....pricey but well worth it!!!
I think its a very nice product. I am using the shimmering one in the summer ti,e, especially in my legs. They look mousturized and shimmering. Its also good for your ( if its thick and dry) for oily hair, i think itcan be heavy. I will repurchase it again. Yes, definitely
This is a must have product for me! I love everything about it the smell, the packaging, the results I get, everything about it is perfect. It can be used on face,hair and body. I dont use it on my body because I just dont want to waste it I ve used it a couple of times on my hair and Im impressed but my hair is thin and I dont want to weight it down by adding an oil to it . I mostly use it on my face as a moisturizer and its really good. Its a dry oil and doesnt feel heavy or oily on the skin. I only use it at night and the next morning my face always looks very pampered,plumed,smooth and calmed. Moisturizes really well . I would prefer a fragrance free version of this since I only use it on my face I like the scent but fragrance and skin care dont mix for me . but what can you do . I wouldnt recommend it for someone with really oily skin .
I bought this after seeing it in bathrooms belonging to people with much glossier lives than me. It's an OK product. I use it as a leave-in conditioner in my hair and sometimes as a moisturiser on my legs when I feel particularly dry. I also use it as cuticle oil.
The thing I love about this is that it's a dry oil, means that it doesn't have the sticky residue that creams or other oils may have. It also has a light floral scent that disappears after 30min or so.
Overall, a great product. And it lasts forever!! I've had it for about 2 months and I have barely used any of it. You really just need a little bit.
This is my favourite dry oil!!
I own both the gold one and clear.
I like the concept of the spray that the larger bottles have and wish my smaller bottle had the same feature as it would make it much easier to apply.
WIth that being said, it does an amazing job at moisturizing skin, makes it soft and supple throughout the day. The scent is never overpowering but noticeable if you sniff your arm (haha). I love putting this on the ends of my hair to nourish it, which also lets me smell it easier throughout the day as it brushes past my face.
Definitely going to be a long time user of this product.
I found out about this product in the GOOP newsletter (her French pharmacy edition). I saw it on sale by chance at Shoppers Drug Mart and used some of the sample. I'm not a big fan of fragrance in oils/lotions in general but this scent is wonderful. It's a very unique smell, and I wouldn't recommend buying it online without smelling it first. I could easily see how some would really not like it. As I do like...really love it, I use it sparingly - it's pricey! I have used it on my face and no breakout, but like another reviewer wrote, it seems odd to use the same product for face and body (I prefer the Kiehl's Midnight Serum for my face). If you can find this product on sale I would give it a try! It's really a lovely smell and surprisingly non-greasy!