Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 7/10/2012 9:30:00 AM

I took the 'trouble' to join here and write an online review about something, for the first time in my life. This product for me, is crazy! I am 38, have been taking good care of my skin since I was 11-12 (thanks Mom!). I have oily nose and chin, and over the years got super dry everywhere else. No matter what I do (facials, using quality product and following a good regimen) my pores fill up, I get whiteheads 2 days after a great facial at a Spa. My cheeks are so dry that for the last 3 years I have been using a hydrating mask as a cream on those spots. Long story short I have to have so many product, in my bag, in my home so that I can comfort my skin. People compliment my skin lot, don't get me wrong, but if they only knew of my secret lab and the time I spend trying to keep it the way it appears :))) I usually wake up with skin flakes on my nose. If I wash my face or shower, I MUST apply something ASAP or else my skin will tighten up like a drum. This is history now: I saw a $15 sample kit of Nuxe about 10 days ago, purchased it and my skin care regimen has changed, for life!!! Who would think applying oil would stop sebum oozing out of the pores on my nose??? Make my face feel like a baby's bum when I wake up? Can wash my face and not apply anything after and enjoy my coffee with comfortable skin? Stop the need to reach for creams in my bag 5 times a day to touch up that dry feeling on some parts of my face???? Oh Nuxe, how did I not discover you decades ago?
I bought 2 more sample kits because the store did not have the regular size oil on stock. Now I have 3 mini bottles of the oil, purchased a full size of the glitter oil for body, purchased the eye cream, the reve de miel lip balm - (the best balm I have ever used, and I tossed 3 balms that were not performing right away), the eye cream. Slowly but surely all the product in my arsenal will read Nuxe. I have a 10 ml bottle in my bag and nothing else: I use it on my hand, nails and cuticles, body, face, dry skin patches. Run my fingers on my hair after applying. One light application in the morning on my face, I ride my bike to work against the wind, sweat, and when I arrive my usually drying forehead and cheeks are still like silk and my nose, with all the sweat, is not oily at all. Bizarre, weird, but this product is the best thing that has happened to me in the history of My Skincare Adventure ever. Sorry, just can't stop talking about it. The smell is wonderful, too. I am smitten. One thing to add: I don't make a lot of money. Which means I am not rich enough to keep buying inferior, empty-promise stuff and not get value out of them and keep buying and buying. So when I see a product like this, the tag does not matter. I can't afford 250 $ shoes, but I surely will spend on a solid product like this. I see the Nuxe line being rated as expensive, but I am giving it a 3 because I feel this is a steal for what it gives back to you.

on 7/8/2012 9:43:00 AM

What impressed me most about the nuxe oils is the ingredients for the price. 6 Precious Oils (Borage, St. John's Wort, Sweet Almond, Camellia, Hazelnet Hazelnut and Macadamia) and Vitamin E --alll really good and nourishing to the skin. All and all I really do love this product. It dries quickly, smells nice, and helps me not streak when I put on self tanner/body tint. Also use it in my hair which is a huge plus!

on 6/29/2012 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh, my! Such an amazing product that is really multipurpose! I was quite sceptical and always thought it was one of these overpriced over-hyped products but I couldn't be more wrong! I got a 15 ml GWP sample at the drugstore and was amazed! I was using it on my cuticles/nails, body, hair. It smells divine - like a bouquet of flowers with some monoi in it. I love it!
As for the use - my nails are healthy again, my cuticles are soft, my hair is looking and feeling so much healthier than before and my knees and elbows are so so so soft! Wow! What I do is use it nightly on my hands gently massaging it in my cuticles, I rub it in my hair the night before I wash it and use it as a body oil every few days. And the best part is that it takes less than 5 minutes to dry (not sure how many minutes but it is faster than some of my lotions).
And think about the price - you don't need a hair oil, cuticle oil and special lotions for knees and elbows so it is actually cheap (in Eurore at least, I have no idea how it is in the other parts of the world). So I really recommend it! Buy it or at least try it

on 6/2/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

True Rating: 4.1/5.0

I bought this product due to the hype from new london pharmacy. I bought the OR form of the oil which has golden shimmer particles in it.

Scent: Love it! Its subtle and it lasts awhile. Its hard to describe. Its very...French LOL. Its classy, sophisticated without being artificial or too flowery.

Glimmers: I like them, they're subtle without being too garish. They actually stay on pretty long compared to other shimmer body products. Would I pay another 11 dollars for it again? No.

Moisturizing Effect: My skin is super dry. This oil did moisturize my skin but I don't think it did it better than any other multitude of products that I've used. And because this product is so expensive, I feel bad using it!

Overall I wouldn't buy this product again because of the price without a great discount. I really like this product but it isn't a must have for me.

on 5/27/2012 10:18:00 PM

I finally purchased a 100ml bottle of this dry oil over the weekend as there was a 20% off at my local beauty store. I have read so much about this and had always wanted to try it. I must admit what attracted me is the scent, I felt like I am on a beach holiday :) The oil is easily absorbed and leaves my skin soft. (I have only used this twice over the weekend and I used it after my shower at night.) I think the 100ml bottle will last me for a good while :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this as a sample at a French pharmacy. I had never heard of this product and was thinking of giving it away to my mom. Then I read a couple of reviews and decided to try it on.

I had a couple of really bad skin reactions to products this past winter when my skin became super dry (it's otherwise super oily!). My skn became red, irritated, flaky and when I tried moisturising with anything else, I broke out. I tried the Nuxe dry oil and in a couple of days, my skin was perfectly fixed! It's great because it doesn't feel greasy at all. I now have the Egyptian magic cream and I would try that as well if I ever had the same problem.

Back to Nuxe, I love the packaging too - so French. I was lucky to get this free and even the little bottle will go along way (so handy to carry around too!) but I would purchase it again anyway. It's nice for the hair too!

on 5/18/2012 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really don't get the hype of this product. Yeah, it smells good, but that's about it. It's ridiculously expensive. It's not hydrating enough for my body at all. It adds some shine, but not for long, any regular body butter does better shinewise. It weighs my hair down, and makes it looks greasy (I tried to use just a few drops, still makes it greasy).

In terms of hydration it performs like any drugstore moisturiser at ten times the price. And it's in a very unhandy oil form, but doesn't have the benefits of an oil (solid hydration). I just don't get it. Maybe it's for people with oily skin only? Will not repurchase.

on 5/12/2012 12:06:00 PM

It doesn't moisturize skin, quite the opposite. When I dabbed it around my eyes, my wrinkles considerably worsened.

On my hair, this was a miserable failure (I tried it on dry hair, on damp hair, mixed with other products or straight). Mostly, it did nothing, or it made my hair crunchy if I put a little more.

I just found out that the number one ingredient in this stuff is isopropyl isostearate, 5 out 5 on the comedogenic scale!

To top it all off, after a couple of time handling the bottle (very slippery), the white lettering started coming off. So I would have tiny little alphabet soup of letters transferred on my hands and skin.

I had waited such a long time to buy that product. It really did seem wonderful. Alas.

on 5/5/2012 9:36:00 AM

I got a sample of this multipurpose dry oil, I've been wanting to test it for a very long time so finally I got a chance to try it. I used it as a moisturizing body oil and I have to say that I like it. The scent is very subtle and pleasant. It feels very nourising and softens the skin. Love it! I will definitely buy it in full size. I have not tried it on my hair though. Now I understand what the hype is about.

on 4/26/2012 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* My Skin – normal to dry, drier in the winter and hormonal acne.
* Review – I must admit, I was hesitant about this at first. Initially, I thought the scent was too sweet. And I’m not a sweet scent kind of gal. But I also must admit, I grew to like the scent. A lot! It’s actually not so sweet as it reminds me of summer and sunshine in a garden of romantic flowers. This is unique and luxuriously scented dry oil containing 6 Precious Oils (Borage, St. John's Wort, Sweet Almond, Camellia, Hazelnut and Macadamia) and Vitamin E. This dry oil nourishes, repairs and softens the face, body and hair. It penetrates quickly and leaves skin feeling soft and silky, not greasy nor shiny. This is the first dry oil I've used in a very long time. Growing up, I used to use Neutrogena Body Oil with Sesame, also a dry oil but absolutely nothing in comparison to this lovely gem. This French multipurpose dry oil is: (a) better formulated, (b) better scented, (c) better packaged and (d) much more elegant than the Neutrogena dry oil. By a thousand percent! I’ve tested this all over and I like it most on my face and neck as my skin reacts very favorably to it. No breakouts, no rashes, no irritation whatsoever. Unfortunately given its high price point, it’s too cost-prohibitive to use on the body every day. If I did that, I'd have to purchase a new bottle every week! I like a drop or two on my face and décolleté. The nice square glass bottle is aesthetically pleasing too, similar to a bottle of perfume. A perfect elegant addition to my bathroom beauty vanity tray. And while this multipurpose dry oil is not an absolute must in anyone's beauty cabinet, it's one of those products that makes you feel good just to have and to use. For me, the "feel good" factor makes this wonderful to have and use on a daily basis. I plan to to try the Huile Prodigieuse Or (which has golden shimmers) this summer. Hopefully, it will be as lovely as this original.
* Price: A 50 ml. / 1.6 fl. oz. bottle retails for about €15. Variety of sizes available. Look for this at all pharmacies and parapharmacies.
* Tip: I like to mix a drop or two of this with unscented lotion at night. Helps keep my skin super soft, especially in the winter!
* Verdict – Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse is a dreamy dry oil and a real delight to use. I will repurchase forever.
** SUMMER 2012 UPDATE**
I'm happy to report that my fondness for Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse has not abated or diminished. I was tempted by other dry oils recently launched on the market, like the new Huile Divine by Caudalie and the NutriExtra Huile Extraordinaire by Vichy, but after testing those, I still stand by my favorite Nuxe product and remain faithful to it. In fact, I love the unique scent of this dry oil so much, I picked up a bottle of the new Prodigieux le parfum by Nuxe recently whilst in Paris and I'm so pleased to report that the new fragrance does not disappoint! (See my in-depth review for it in p'ville for further details.) It's really lovely to apply the dry oil and then layer on with the complementary fragrance for the full "Prodigieuse/ieux" effect. I think fans of the Prodigieuse scent will most assuredly like the new fragrance as well ;)