Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 11/7/2014 8:08:00 AM

I have been trying this out over the past couple weeks when I'm not usin my HG mascara and this one is okay. Does what it's supposed to and I don't have any smudging on my lower lash line but, in just not wowed with it.

on 11/5/2014 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love the Tarte brand, but not a big fan of this mascara... I prefer the lights, camera, flashes mascara HANDS DOWN over this one since it is provides more length and volume to my lashes.

on 10/30/2014 10:05:00 AM

I love this mascara! At any given moment I probably have 20 different types of mascara on my possession. I'm obsessed with the stuff. I LOVE full fluttery lashes. This one stands out above the rest. It doesn't clump, it's really fans my lashes out without making them look like spider legs! I don't need nearly as much, I'm finding. So an A+ in my book, and well worth the money. The packaging is a little weird and I could do without that but that's about my only negative.

on 10/23/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This mascara was included in a Tarte collection purchased from QVC. I've heard many great things about the line and I'm all for the natural alternative to beauty products. I have acne prone skin and I have to be very careful what I use on my skin because most things make me break out.

I've saw many beauty gurus raved about the mascara so I was excited to have my hands on it through the collection. It is definitely a wet and thick consistency which is great for separating and thickening the lashes. Two coats of this and it gave me lush and long lashes. I enjoyed it even more weeks after when the mascara converted to a drier formula because I felt I had more control to get every lash and I would not have to wait as long to apply the second coat. I did not experience any shedding onto the crease or the outer corner of my bottom lash line like I have with other mascaras in the past. The wand features short bristles in between the longer ones and at the end of the wand which is great for the inner, outer corners and bottom lashes. The mascara however, is a somewhat of a pain to remove but it's nothing that makeup wipes and a little elbow grease can't fix.

Overall, it's a great mascara worth trying and is unlike no other.

I found this mascara to have a VERY WET formula. I really liked how this mascara shaped your lashes. It is a little hard to remove. I don't find it to be an amazing mascara. I recently just bought the Maybelline colossal volume express mascara and couldn't even compare them. If your looking for an amazing mascara but the Maybelline colossal volume express mascara. Overall, this is an okay mascara but I wouldn't buy it again

on 10/3/2014 7:18:00 AM

I love this mascara. It's the best that I have ever used. It is a little harder to remove but I just use the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes and it comes off fine. This is the next best thing to false lashes, Love it!!

on 9/22/2014 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really like this mascara - I bought the mini size from the sephora 'temptation bins' by the cashiers and it has lasted quite well so far. I have fine, sparse lashes and it lengthens and separates them with a nice finish - true black and a bit shiny. It doesn't volumise as much as expected, but that's actually really good for me - I find volumiser on my sparse lashes can look clumpy and a bit weird!

The only thing that let's it down is the packaging - quite boring plastic tube, you would expect something a bit more special for the money.

on 9/22/2014 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Got this as a sample with an eyelash curler. At first I loved it. Made my lashes look great and I was shocked that it didn't irritate my eyes. Fast forward a few uses. It does irritate my eyes, but I wouldn't penalize the product for that since I'm allergic to everything. Lippies down for major flaking after just a couple of hours of wear. I thought I was looking great with my lovely lashes and when I did a quick check in the mirror, seriously half the mascara was flaked off under my eyes. Awful. I am happy to pay more for a quality product- this mascara was no bueno for me, and at that price point, it shouldn't flake!

on 9/18/2014 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've loved every Tarte product I've tried (addicted to Maracuja Creaseless Concealer), so I was so excited when Ulta had Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes on sale for $10!!
I've only been using for a few days, but so far I am not a fan. Does an alright job lengthening my lashes, but doesn't do much for thickening (even tried adding more layers -- but it began to clump). Not bad for $10, but not worth the regular price of $20. For a few more dollars Too Faced, Better than Sex Mascara is def a better bet.

on 9/10/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this mascara because it didnt clump and it didnt smudge. the microfiber wand is like a mini comb and separates your lashes nicely. I thought this product dried up fast tho