August 21, 2014 | 1025 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by mellymel11

I received this mascara as a 100 point perk at Sephora. Needless to say it is not full sized. I do really like this mascara though. It separates and thickens my lashes. When I apply this mascara my lashes feel soft and feather. The color is a nice rich looking black color.
This is mascara I use when I am going out at night or for a special occasion. It didn't flake or smudge which is amazing. The price point is high for a mascara. It's 20 dollars and it seems to dry up quickly. I would definitely buy it on a sale though. I believe last year Ulta had a promotion where this mascara was 10 dollars. I would purchase a full size at this price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews on MUA. What a huge disappointment. Absolute crap. This mascara clumps, goes on in blobs, and crumbles/flakes off. I wore it on 3 different days and my eyes were a mess each time. Save your money and skip this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I have SEARCHED for YEARS for my HG mascara. I have scoured online, drugstores, Sephora, everywhere and anywhere for it. And today - I FOUND IT. Thank you, Tarte. <3

Pros:
-Seprates all the lashes
-Lengthens like crazy
-Nice thick volume
-Deepest black ever (blacker than Diorshow)
-Makes my lashes look like falsies (but NOT crispy.) They look false, soft, and fluttery.
-Holds curl
-Conditions lashes
-I CRIED with this mascara on. NO SMUDGES or streaks. Amazing.
-Perfect for sensitive eyes like mine. No itchy redness.
-ZERO CLUMPS
-In general, the perfect mascara.

Cons:
-takes 1 minute to take off with makeup remover instead of my usual 30 seconds with other mascaras.

-The packaging looks like a tampon.

Xoxo WynterOlly

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

This mascara is perfect for an everyday eye look. It gives your lashes a very natural thickness and some length, but does not make them look over-done or super voluptuous. The quality of this product is amazing, absolutely no clumps or flaking, the color is very black and it gives me that full natural lashes appearance. I've had this for several months and it has yet to dry out, so the price of this mascara is worth it. I will definitely be repurchasing this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

It's okay... It gives lashes a natural look and it doesn't smudge but I wasn't very impressed. I definitely wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by leighcameron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara to date. I love that it does NOT flake yet it is still easy to get off. I am also kinda a sucker for how unique the package is :) It is somewhat of a dryer formula which I personally prefer. I am always so sad when it drys up/runs out. I do wish it was a little more affordable but you really get what you pay for with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite everyday mascara. It gives a quick, natural look that holds curl and does not clump. Nothing dramatic or really volumizing, but enough to make my lashes look better. Doesn't flake or smudge on me, and comes off easily with my face wash. Also, no loss of lashes, and they feel soft even with it on. Not a huge fan of the packaging, and I prefer to use the sample tubes if I can find them, since it seems to dry out before I can use an entire tube of the full size. The price is a little much, especially if it dries out before I can finish it. Have repurchased, just because it is so easy and quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample size using my sephora beauty insider points. I was skeptical about it at first because I've always stood by the fact that more costly does NOT equal better quality. Especially for things like eyeliner and mascara. But in this case, this mascara is worth the price.

Quick take:
Pros
-adds length AND some volume
-super black
-the bristles actually comb through my lashes, rather than brushing the freaking outside with no separation
- layers quite nicely (dont let it try between coats) on its own and with other mascaras
-no flakes

Cons
NONE :D

I've been using this for almost 2 weeks now and it hasn't failed on me so far. I'm quite sure I will be buying this when my mini runs out. Normally I pass on high end mascara right off the bat, but I think I might be skipping the drugstore ones from now on. LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this mascara!!! I rank it my HG mascara with a regular brush wand. It's a little on the dry side so it holds a curl well & doesn't flake or smudge. It works great in conjunction with Tarte's lash primer in the white, squared tube. It's easily removable with my DIY eyelash remover- water/baby oil/baby shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Llbrew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love! Love! Love! This is by far the best mascara I have found. I have tried many and given away many. This lengthens and gives volume in one coat without clumping. You have to be a bit more careful with multiple coats to avoid clumping but its still waaaay better than any other I have found. Packaging...eh, It could be a bit less cheesy but with this great of a product, who cares?