October 20, 2014 | 1922 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by angelitaaguila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Price is not very affordable but you do get quality ingredients that should be appreciated! If you read the ingredients there are things you can actually read so I give that credit.

Mascara is all individual and personal but it depends on what you are looking for in your mascara and that depends on what you have naturally.

I Have Naturally LITTLE tiny eyelashes so I tend to need length rather than volume. It holds my curl and it makes my eyelashes look like if I had extension. I especially love it because it clumps enough to add on length!!!!!!!!!! For volume I just add my covergirl all in one mascara in the blue tube.

I understand that a lot of people want to use only one mascara to do everything but the thruth of the matter is that will never be perfect because it cant target everything 100%! But The cover girl all in one is amazing to. It really does do everything but its more wet than the tarte. Both is my perfect combo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This was a product fail for me. Lots of length, nice separation & color, no clumps. So I will give this product two lippies instead of just one. But it didn't provide very much volume, which is important to me- I prefer a more dramatic look. More importantly this mascara gave me an allergic reaction or something, I experienced the worst eye irritation when I wore this. My eyes were bright red for a whole day, started getting better after I washed this off. I only wore it once. Chucked it in the trash, which is a shame because it's pricey. Must be an ingredient in Tarte products that I don't respond well to, same thing happened when I tried Tarte Multipleye Lash Primer.
Also, I hated the stupid packaging. It's like a purple faux-snakeskin pleather thing, what's that about?
Really didn't like this mascara, I won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This mascara says it lengthens, volumizes, curls and conditions. It does lengthen and volumize but it doesn't hold a curl. I have sad straight asian lashes so this doesn't cut it in the curling department. The best mascaras for holding that curl are the Japanese ones in my opinion. I normally curl my lashes, and then apply mascara. With my Japanese mascaras, it keeps the curl, and with this one, as soon as I apply it, the curl drops entirely. I can't comment on the conditioning aspect of it as I haven't been using it regularly or long enough to say. The simple bristle brush applies the mascara well and separates lashes nicely without clumping. I didn't have any issues with flaking or smudging with normal use (not humid, no crying, etc.). I can't give it a higher rating because it doesn't keep my curl, but if this is not an issue for you then it might work for you! Also, although it adds volume and length, it gives quite a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite HE mascara formula. Usually I just use Maybelline Full n' Soft or Loreal Voluminous Million, which I pick up at CVS. I received this as a deluxe sample with a 500 pt perk and liked it so much that I purchased the full size after I had finished my sample. It gives my lashes a great feathery, voluminous, separated look which I absolutely adore. It doesn't flake and it holds curls really, really well. My only problem with the full size is the packaging, While the purple snakeskin definitely makes this mascara stand out, it's pretty bulky. ALSO I noticed that the gloppy formulation collects around the mouth of the mascara tube and gets squeezed out of the tube when the cap is screwed back on. Tarte REALLY needs to fix this as it wastes a lot of product. If it weren't for this issue, I would repurchase this mascara. Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy the free deluxe samples that come my way.

UPDATE: This is now my HG mascara. It seems like Tarte has updated the formulation or the tube. Now I don't lose as much product AND the mascara is ready to use right away (before I felt I had to wait a while for the wet formula to dry out a bit). I now like Tarte better than Maybelline Full n' Soft and L'oral Voluminous Million now and will continue purchasing. I've bought three full sized tubes already. This mascara is the real deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG mascara at the moment! I don't even have to curl my lashes anymore. It separates, lengthens, volumizes and curls and holds the curl. Easy to remove also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, I LOVE this mascara! It's rare for a mascara to blow me away. The only one that's ever done that has been Loreal Voluminous. I'm not a Tarte fan at all, but I got this as a sample for becoming a Sephora Rogue member. It's amazing! It's different from other mascaras in that it's a DARK, rich black. Yet it gives very soft, feathery, long, natural looking lashes. It doesn't clump, flake, or smudge. Totally worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Makes a really nice natural/day look, easy to apply no clumps or transfer issues.

Lengthens but doesn't build any dramatic volume. Unfortunately it flakes and smudges by midday so you have raccoon eyes by lunch time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Misspoiltes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

NO CLUMPS! Finally the perfect mascara that makes lashes looks natural! If you want natural looking lashes that are long and dark with little volume, this is it. I have natural blonde lashes and this stuff makes my lashes appear very natural as if I had black lashes. Anyway I luhve it

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by SourPina

Received this in Sephora's Lash Stash to Go sampler pack.

This mascara feels light, doesn't clump or cause spider lashes, even if you put on more than a few coats. It separates lashes nicely and evenly.

But there are more downsides, and I wouldn't recommend shelling out $20 for this product:

-It doesn't have any staying power -- I applied it at about 8:30 this morning and at lunch time, I already had smudge marks. I live in Southern California where the air is dry, and I've been indoors at work most of the day. I'd really hate to see what happens when wearing this mascara in humid weather.

-It doesn't hold a curl, at all. Nor does it thicken -- it only lengthens, slightly. My lashes began to fall and look limp after just a few hours.

I do not recommend this mascara for anyone that has straight lashes (I'm half Asian, so I have the issue where my lashes are long but not thick, and won't curl upward).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by mellymel11

I received this mascara as a 100 point perk at Sephora. Needless to say it is not full sized. I do really like this mascara though. It separates and thickens my lashes. When I apply this mascara my lashes feel soft and feather. The color is a nice rich looking black color.
This is mascara I use when I am going out at night or for a special occasion. It didn't flake or smudge which is amazing. The price point is high for a mascara. It's 20 dollars and it seems to dry up quickly. I would definitely buy it on a sale though. I believe last year Ulta had a promotion where this mascara was 10 dollars. I would purchase a full size at this price.