December 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this mascara with my 100 points from Sephora and even that feels like a waste of "money' to me. The mascara goes on okay, doesn't really do much for length or thickness, but it's fine anyways.

My big problem is that it didn't come off. I have expensive waterproof makeup remover which removes me waterproof eyeliner and all other mascaras I've use, but this one didn't budge. I wiped my eye a little later after washing my face and it came away black. This can't be good for your lashes.

That coupled with the fact that it wasn't that great of a mascara, and I won't be purchasing this stuff ever. Tarte rocks for almost everything else but this was no good for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

A great mascara. Gives you that fluffy, full lash. Packaging is annoying and gimmicky but whatever.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by LauraKravec

This is a dryer formula with a small, natural brush. The packaging is adorable. I love almost everything I've tried from Tarte, but not this mascara.

When you apply it, it takes a lot of time to build, which isn't necessarily bad if the end result is amazing.

It applies to a very natural look. It builds a lot of volume at the base and the lashes themselves look multiplied, not clumpy at all. I don't think it adds a lot of length. It just looks like you have a million beautiful natural lashes.

What I hate about this formula is that it flakes all over the place as you apply it! I'm using a brand new tube that I opened about 2 weeks ago and have used probably 3 times and it just flakes all over my cheeks and nose! By the time I am done applying, it has ruined my foundation, blush, and under-eye concealer.

I'm so annoyed because I just love the way it looks, but I can't deal with so much flaking! I would have to apply my eye makeup first, wipe away all of the fallout, and then do the rest of my face, and I don't think this mascara is worth such a drastic change in my routine. Sad face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dharrison

This is a great mascara for everyday use. It really fill outs my lashes and makes them appear longer. The only downside is that I ran out of it quicker than I normally do with other mascaras. Also, I'm not a fan of the case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sherrier

I love this mascara! I have thin lashes and this thickens them nicely. I was in the market for a gentle mascara due to some eye issues I was having. The SA at Ulta suggested this and I have bought 2 since then. It doesn't flake nor smudge. I wore it all summer and it stayed where it was suppose to until I removed it at the end of the day. It makes my lashes look dark and thick. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by marcellewood

Great mascara! No smudging, no flaking and super black. It lengthens, thickens and curls. It has no smell either which is a nice change. Packaging is super fun - purple faux leather cover around purple plastic tube! Have repurchased it numerous times. It doesn't have preservatives so it does dry out/get old faster than other mascaras I have used but I love this mascara regardless.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Mezalez

This mascara was on sale so I decided to give it a try. It does a very nice job at lengthening my eyelashes and it doesn't clump at all! But I do have to use a second mascara to thicken my lashes. But all in all, it's pretty good

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

Separates lashes like no other. I use this every day. This says a lot because good lashes are a must have for me, this stuff has met and raised my impossibly high mascara expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by misselectricred

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start this review off by saying, I have very sensitive eyes. One usage of the wrong mascara and my eyes will burn, itch and get a blister in the water line. You think after trying 10 mascaras, I would give up by now. But being a woman I need that HG mascara that makes my lashes pop! And let me just tell you, this does it! I normally don't believe in "false lash effect" on mascaras because we all know that's not true. But this is pretty dang close! It makes my lashes jet black, gives volume and adds length. The formula is thick but wet and dries very quickly. It's very forgiving if you make a mess.
It does not clump unless you add too much! And best of all, it's a natural product and kind to my very sensitive eyes!
And might I add how cute the bottle is? The brush is the perfect shape and size to coat every lash with little to no fuss!

If you love natural products, have sensitive eyes or just want a great mascara. Give this one a try! Promise you won't regret it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by liv4beauty

i was so excited when i purchased this mascara after reading all the great reviews, but i was sadly disappointed. i loved the sample when i got it at Sephora, so i decided to purchase it. It was ok at first, i must say it did add length. However, with prolonged use, I didn't like it. I know it is not waterproof, but boy does it smudge. I had dark patches below my eyes after only 2 hours. This mascara really did nothing for me. I saw no increase in volume (although maybe its because I was used to using my Benefit They're Real mascara). I found this mascara completely wore off by the end of the day, and my lashes were left bare and brittle. I recently purchased the Mac Opulash Optimum Mascara, so hopefully this will provide better results than this Tarte mascara did.