October 26, 2014 | 888 users online

Treatments - Mavala - Nail Hardener

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 11:22:00 AM More reviews by marimic

This is the best product that I have found so far in the market. I have been wearing fake nails for the past 10 years. So you can imagine how weak my nails were before starting to use this. After 1 year of using this product, my nails are now healthy and strong and I have to admit they are pretty long. To the point that I do not need to put fake nails on anymore to have beautifull long nails. You have to be a little bit patient with this product because it does take a few months before you see any good worth results. You also have to be persistant in applying it twice a week without fail. Trust me it's the best.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 2:09:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

sorry, but despite the ravishing reviews here, Mavala just doesn't seem to do anything for my nails... and if I dare say, it aggravates the problem... I used to have peeling nails on just the right middle and index fingers but since using this product, all my 10 digits seem weaker! Very disappointed. I moved on to Nail Envy and wow, I can feel that my nails are now stronger.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2003 4:09:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Not gonna disagree, this stuff is amazing! It really improved the condition of my nails. The wonderful thing about this product is that first you have to apply it 1-2 times a week and after your nails have become healthy and strong 2-3 times per month. And it penetrates instantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2003 8:08:00 PM More reviews by rjones

Well I have waited 3 weeks to post my comment on this product. I have been so pleased with this product as I have better looking nails than I have ever had in my life. I am using it twice a week like the instructions told me to and find that it is easy to use and it is everything that the other users on MUA told me it would be as well as what Mavala said it would be. I used Nail Envy from April until the first week of October. I was pretty happy with the success of Nail Envy but just could not get my nails to grow very long.I started using the Mavala nail hardener and my nails have been growing longer every since and I actually have longer and stronger nails. I found the price reasonable ($15) especially compared to Nail Envy and the success of the product far better. I have raved about this product to my friends and co-workers and some of them plan to try this product too. Thank you Mavala.... this stuff is 'mavalous'.(update)...well it has been a while and I am back to OPI Nail Envy...it just seems to give me stronger nails. I still think it is a good product ...but Nail Envy works better for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2003 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Aiko_Aiko

I feel as though I should title this: 'HUGE Nail Product Rave, Part 2', seeing that I so glowingly reviewed my Diamancel nail file a day or so ago. Excuse me while I gush over this product as well, because thanks to this, my nails are looking better than they have in ages!! This brand seems to be getting more popular/easier to find in Canada, as I've seen a number of products in the line carried at various SDMs around Toronto (the larger stores tend to have the most). And I for one am very happy about that, as this is probably the best nail hardener I've ever used. I have been cursed with nails that do grow quickly, but break, split and peel like nobody's business. I've tried so many strengtheners (check my other reviews for old favorites) but they all ended up disappointing me. They did work, but were a pain to reapply, they peeled off, made my nails extremely brittle, and eventually they left me right back where I started. This strengthener is just as effective, but with none of the nasty 'side effects', and I would recommend this above those others any day. Mavala's strengthener is actually a thin blue liquid, about the same consistency as a polish remover - which won't stain the nails blue, don't worry! Because it's not in polish form, you can wear a base coat of your choosing, and it will never peel off, dry up in the bottle or otherwise interfere with your manicures. You get about 5ml for $18 or so, but when you consider that you only apply this to the tips of your nails, and the tiny amount needed to cover each nail, you realize that this little bottle is going to last for ages (it actually claims to be a full year supply on the insert)! They recommend applying an oil to your cuticles to protect them from the solution, but it's easy enough to control the application with the brush and the product disappears into your nails so quickly there's no real need to do so. It can't hurt, but it's not vital. I do use a cuticle cream regularly and lots of lotion on my hands, and that seems to keep things in good enough shape. After all that, does it work? Oh yeah. My nails have grown quite long, and they are staying that way, with no sign of brittleness or peeling on the horizon. It's nothing short of amazing, I wish I had before and after pictures! I have been giving myself manicures every three or four days and reapplying the Mavala before each one (yet another plus - you don't need to apply it every day to see results). It's been almost two months, and I am loving this so much, I consider it one of the best purchases I've made all year! If you can find this, give it a try, it's by far the best nail strengthener I've ever owned, in every aspect. Wonderful wonderful stuff!! continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2003 3:02:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Been using this for years - it's hard to find anymore here in the U.S., but thanks to the Net I can find it again. It's one of the very few products that will positively stop your nails from peeling, and it starts to work almost immediately. Originally this came in a bottle, which made it a bit hard to apply just to the nail tips, but now it also comes in a pen form that would be much easier to use. One of the very few times I can safely call something a miracle product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2003 3:13:00 AM More reviews by marmalady

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL.

I love to go for manicures but my nails are too brittle. But after using this product, my nails seldom chip now. HURRAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2003 11:27:00 AM More reviews by SumSum

Same as the other reviewers, I have weak nails... it is very hard to allow me to keep long nails.. This hardener does not leave any trace after apply, it absorbed almost immediately after applying... It doens't look like other hardener that leaves a brillient coat. It just penatrats..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2002 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hard to find Swiss made Mavala Nail Hardener is one of my all time favorite products for nails. It really saved my weak, brittle nailsafter removing dreadful acrylics over a year ago. Use it alone or under a regualr base coat or nail polish. Fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2001 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Adele

I'm getting married in two weeks, and just broke a nail. I was SO mad, so I pulled out my bottle of Mavala that i had forgotten about and started using it daily over the last week. I know you're not supposed to, but desperate times call for desperate measures! A week, and it's made all my nails nice and hard, no more signs of weakness or breakage. They are looking really good, and I'm hoping in two weeks time that one broken nail will have had a chance to catch up to the rest of them. Overall, this stuff is worth every penny. Would MUCH prefer if the brush was replaced with a little foamy tip, or even a flocked tip like a lipgloss would be better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No