China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 6/24/2012 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Easily one of the best polishes I've ever seen. Seriously, a stunner to look at. Photos don't even do it justice. Deep pools of ruby red jelly with glistening red glitter. Ruby Pumps comes as close to Dorothy's timeless ruby red slippers as you can get. Drying time can be a little lengthy, but it has staying power and is POW! with a shiny top coat. Would I buy this polish again? Hell yes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The greatest red glitter NP in the world! It's just delicious to wear and watch.
Great quality and the brush is wonderful.
One of my all time favorite.

on 6/16/2012 7:20:00 PM

This is my all-time favorite red polish. The color, amount of glitter, application--everything is PERFECT. It's my go-to pedicure color for the entire winter season and has been for over 2 years. This is a great color for any age or skin tone--you simply cannot go wrong with this one.

on 5/31/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The most gorgeous red glitter polish. The glitter is fine and the polish is a nice deep pure red. It is as pretty as a pair of the Ruby Slippers.

on 5/16/2012 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I consider this a "must have" color. It is really easy to apply, 2 coats are acceptable but 3 are amazing. Looks equally great as a mani or a pedi. So sparkly!

on 5/14/2012 5:17:00 PM

Dazzling. That's the word that comes to mind when I see this polish. After two coats, you're left with gorgeous red jelly nails loaded with red glitter. Ruby Pumps is the perfect name too - paying homage to the classic shoes it resembles from The Wizard of Oz. Not required in a collection but a gem to have. Perfect for the holidays.

Enough people have described this so I'll go straight to what I think about this amazing red polish. It only needs 2 coats and positively glows on your digits. I put it over a gold and it was amazing! The glitter is subtle and wasn't a PITA to remove. I'm very glad I listened to myself and picked this up. I will for sure be buying this again.

on 4/21/2012 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

China Glaze's Ruby Pumps is a red glitter polish in a medium-dark red base. This color is absolutely to die for!! It's the perfect shade of red - not to dark or vampy and not bright. The red glitter suspension really pops in the sunlight but is also highly sparkly in ambient indoor lighting. Application was a dream - very smooth and opaque at three coats. Drying time was very quick - quicker than some other China Glaze formulas. This will dry very slightly dull so a top-coat is a must to get this to "pop". With Poshe over top I was able to get seven days of wear with only minor tip wear and no cracking, crazing, or chipping. Removal is going to be quite difficult because of the glitter so I would suggest pure acetone or even the MUA foil method. All in all, this DEFINITELY goes into my Holy Grail pile and I'm considering stocking up!!

on 4/17/2012 1:12:00 PM

Beautiful color - I agree with the reviewer who said that two coats were enough, but three gives it beautiful depth. It's a little bit of a pain to get off because of the glitter, but totally worth it for how pretty this polish is. Love it when Sally's puts China Glaze on sale, as it makes them super-inexpensive. A must-have for hands and toes.

This color is so beautiful. It's also thick enough that I can get away with just one coat if I'm in a big hurry.

Popular Polishes