July 26, 2014 | 1463 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by avazq8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this a few days, but I have been using it twice a day and it hasn't upset my sensitive skin or dried me out. Even Cetaphil will dry out my face if I use it twice. I'm really enjoying that it's fragrance free, gentle, and my skin doesn't react by turning red or feel tight after I pat it dry (although I do still moisturize and use sunscreen on my face and neck every day without fail). Will it become HG for me? Possibly. I will update this review in the coming months. Bonus points for the pump, which is wonderful and doesn't over-or-under dispense the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by musicbanshee

I've been using this cleanser for a good couple of months now and I can't say it's a miracle worker, but I also can't say that it hasn't helped improve my skin. It truly is a very calming cleanser and has helped clear out my skin a little bit in the long run. I can't say that it is because of this cleanser that my acne has cleared up a little bit, but I can at least thank this cleanser for not agitating it and making my acne worse. Love the foaming effect and has been really gentle on my skin. The price isn't too bad either. The only issue really is that it's not really suited for my skin. This cleanser sort of dries me out, making my already oily face to oil up even more. But that's just more of a matter of slathering a good amount of moisturizer on. In my opinion, this cleanser would be a whole lot greater if it could provide a little bit more moisture for those with some dry patches. But I still think it's a pretty good cleanser, especially for those with sensitive skin or acne. Though if you're not a very patient person and wants immediate results with your acne, then this product is most likely not right for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had the same skincare routine for the past 13 months and I am really happy with my skin. I made a silly decision to go for a cheaper cleanser, instead of my beloved Purity by Philosophy - and bought the Aveeno foaming cleanser following a recommendation by YouTuber MissGlamorazzi (Ingrid).

Within two days of use I broke out on my cheek and chin areas. Removing make-up was not easy, as this product stings the eye.
I will not repurchase this product and this was a lesson learnt for me: Do not buy products based on YouTube recommendations. In fact I stopped watching beauty videos for good, as they all seem to be sponsored one way or another.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by daram7857

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot live without this product. This is the best gentle, mild cleanser I've ever used that gets rid of impurities, dirt, oil, makeup, etc. I used to have eczema, breakout prone skin and i switched to this cleanser...then I saw a magnificent difference in my skin. Now my face is clear:) If they ever discontinue this I will literally cry. Or I'll just buy 10 bottles, no big deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by JoJoMonster

I love this stuff! It really cleanses my normal/dry, sensitive skin! I use this in the morning, and the skin brightening exfoliator at night, and they have cleared up my skin! It took a few uses, but now my skin is glowing and pretty much acne free! I think this is a really good buy for someone who wants something that will clean their skin without any irritation. I love the way it feels on my skin, and my skin really looks clean and refreshed after I wash it off.
This product also helped get rid of redness I had around my nose and didn't dry out my skin at all. I really think you should try this product if you want something to help your skin whether you have a rash, or acne, or dryness! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by glitters1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this!!!! I have sensitive skin and this does not irritate it at all. It cleanses it without making it go CRAZY! I have been using this twice a day and it is soooo great. I also love how "foamy" it gets! It makes it easier, more efficient, and faster to wash my face. It smells like oatmeal which I am fine with. I love it! I finally think I found a face wash that works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by arabellaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great great great product! Compared to the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser, I find that this product really cleanses my face well and does not affect my sensitive skin. I also love it when I apply the foam on my face. Overall, it cleanses my skin well, keeps it moisturised and so I will definitely buy more in the future :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by arizonababyboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this cleanser. I have combo skin that tends to sting and get reddish especially during the winter months. I was spending the night over at my in-laws house and my MIL let me use her Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser. My skin felt great and I was shocked at how awesome it was at removing my makeup. I bought some for myself and have been using it ever since, I'm even considering trashing all the other cleansers I have tried, and I rarely will throw away unused product, but hey, if you found something that works better than the rest AND is way cheaper (got it BOGO 1/2 off too!) then why mess with the rest? I am so happy I don't have to wear foundation to cover my redness anymore. My skin has cleared up, no more redness, itchiness, complexion is more even toned, yep, I have found my HG face cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I have been using it in conjunction with First Aid Beauty's Anti-Redness Serum (which also contains feverfew) and have had great results in toning down (if not entirely eliminating) my facial redness. My skin is very oily, and I have always loved the consistency of foaming cleansers. This cleanser does not disappoint - because it's so foamy, two pumps gets rid of all my makeup and oil very easily without leaving a trace left behind. Its foam is powerful at breaking down makeup and oil, but it's also very gentle. My skin never feels dry or tight, and definitely is SIGNIFICANTLY less red (and gets red a lot less frequently/intensely) than before I started using this cleanser! I noticed that because I switched to this from an SA cleanser, I do have to exfoliate more regularly. Once or twice a week I exfoliate with Neutrogena's Clear Pore scrub (with benzoyl peroxide) and that helps tremendously with controlling oil and sloughing off dead skin. I find that that scrub combined with twice-daily use of this cleanser and nightly use of the FAB serum has COMPLETELY overhauled my red, oily, dull skin and made it reasonable to look at (haha).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by caitlinannexoxo

I bought this cleanser after I had a terrible allergic reaction to DHC's washing powder. This foam cleanser is so gentle and rinses clean with no residue. I love how it's soap and fragrance free. It was about $5. Loveee it. :)