November 27, 2014 | 1516 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by melissast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great gentle cleanser. Removes makeup well and rinses CLEAN (no residue). Love the foaming action, will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Logan

This light cleanser is surprisingly effective at removing makeup. I wear foundation and powder and it removes both without causing tightness or irritation. I also like that it rinses cleanly, without leaving a film that other cleansers can leave behind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I don't consider myself to necessarily have 'sensitive' skin, but during the colder months my combo/oily skin turns combo/dry in a matter of days. I switch up my cleansing routine to accomodate for the dryness and redness I get during the fall/winter.

This lightweight foamy cleanser works wonders to remove face makeup (I only wear loose mineral, so I recommend using another cleanser if you wear liquid) and it calms down the redness too.

I also use the ultra calming moisturizer after using this cleanser and my face feels clean, hydrated and refreshed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry and sensitive skin and I LOVE this face wash. I have hardly had any pimples pop up since using this and it really does sooth/ calm my face. I started using it a lot when my face started drying out and it really helped it. It says unscented but that doesn't mean there's no smell. It has a weird smell that I didn't like at first but I actually came to really like it. I feel like it smells kind of almond-y and clean. I use 1 pump when I wash my face in the morning and I use 2 pumps at night if I have any makeup on. It takes it all right off. I gave the package a 4 simply because my pump broke and I have to pull it back up manually every time I push it down, which is sort of a nuisance. But nothing that would stop me from repurchasing this. I am not going to say this is the best in the world but I came out seriously happy with this and plan to buy another bottle (:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by emmaalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm going to RAVE about this stuff. I bought it on clearance at Target for $5(AUD). Which is a bloody bargain because I saw it in Safeway for $14! Anyway, I only bought it because it was on clearance and my other stuff had run out. Oh man. This stuff is ahhhh-mazing. It glides into your face and is nice and smooth.It is fragrance free and somehow cleared my breakouts!? It feels so light but removes ALL of my makeup (which can sometimes be a bit heavy). I use it in conjunction with Nuetrogena Oil-Free moisture for combination skin. Best facial cleaning combo I have used yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by nancy_deathbeast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am one of those people that run's a mile from foamy cleansers. My skin is normal, but it's also sensitive. I wear sunscreen/mu so it's super important for me to take it all of at the end of the day.

What this cleanser does is, it take ALL of ss/fdn/tonnes of mascara, without drying it out whatsoever. I am really impressed. Skin feels clean and soft.

Would I buy it again? yes, absolutely.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jennaogle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot rave enough about this cleanser. As I stood in the skincare section of Target, overwhelmed by the slew of chemically engineered "miracle" products, this one called out to me.

I wasn't looking for anything fancy. I am not someone who is lazy about their skincare, but I am a firm believer in simplicity. Our skin doesn't need half the items on the market - all it wants is a little tender loving care.

Firstly, I needed a cleanser that would wash my face as well as remove my eye makeup. It seems unnecessary to have separate products for such a basic task. If your cleanser can remove your face makeup, why not the eye?

Secondly, it had to be gentle. As someone with rosacea-prone skin that tightens with most cleansers, I had to find a product that would make my face happy. I cannot be bothered with a ruddy, tight complexion - it is the youthfulness we strive for.

Thirdly, it had to be fragrance-free. Why do companies add chemical dyes and perfumes to their products anyway? What is there to hide? I am not the granola-y type, but it seems deceitful to entice your consumers with gimmicks like "grapefruit scents" and "bursting beads".

So those were my three requirements of which were clearly stated on the bottle. So at $6.49 for a 6 oz bottle, why not? I purchased it with no regret.

This cleanser did everything for me and more. I massaged it onto my face with warm water, using just a small pump of the bottle. This small pump distributed more than I could ever need, so you really get a great value for your money. It glides onto your skin and gently breaks away the makeup from your face. I patted with a washcloth and saw a perfectly bare complexion, without even an aggravated red cheek stain that usually appears after cleansing and drying. And the best - it truly was fragrance-free. Sometimes even those that claim to be have a faint aroma. This had nada.

The product exceeded my expectations. After removing all my makeup, being gentle on my skin, and sparing me from a ghastly scent, it continued to impress me. My skin didn't feel the least bit tight afterwards, and even more, it felt SOFT. It left me with a softness that not even a moisturizer could deliver. I was beyond amazed and so were my friends as the softness prevailed throughout the night and day. My boyfriend thought my skin was soft before... He has no idea. Imagine baby's skin. Yes - it's that good.

And to top it off, the packaging is so nice that it comes with a cap, making it perfectly transportable. I bring it with me everywhere and it has never failed. Seriously, girls - whatever your skin type, try this. It is so basic that you can't go wrong. And if you have sensitive skin like me? Marry it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received 2 bottles of this for free (part of a Garnier "swag bag") as I was running out of my normal cleanser, so I decided to try it. I've been using it for about 3 months now.

This is basically just a light, inoffensive foam cleanser. It's gentle, not heavily scented or colored. If you have any severe acne or oiliness or extreme dryness, you will probably not like this. It doesn't have any ingredients in it to assist with major skin issues. I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out. If I'm using it to remove makeup, it's not quite strong enough on its own so I will use an oil cleanser first. Otherwise I just use this in the shower with my Clarisonic Mia. It's great for that purpose. Because it's a foam, the bottle lasts forever.

I really don't have anything terrible to say about it, nor do I have anything wonderful to say about it either. It's just a basic, gentle cleanser, nothing extraordinary. I said no to repurchasing, just because I think by the time I get through the 2nd bottle I will be bored with it and I have some other cleansers that were GWPs to try next.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by mcolon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does clean the face but it has seems to cause breakouts. I have sensitive skin-so I had been using a natural cleanser because I haven't found a regular cleanser that works. This one is not for me unfortunately even though I'm still using the moiusturizer from this line. Before this cleanser my skin was relatively clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by hthenerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this cleanser off and on for a while and my skin always responds well to it because it is gentle. It doesn't have an offensive fragrance to it. My issue is that being a foam cleanser, traveling with it is next to impossible (I could see a foaming cleanser's bottle leaking very easily. It hasn't ever happened to me, but I won't lie: it's something I dread). So for now I am using another cleanser, but once the winter months come closer, I will pick this up again.

To the person who is upset because Missglamorazzi recommended an Aveeno cleanser: 1) it wasn't even this one and 2) it wasn't a sponsored video. Get off your high horse and review products under the correct section.