Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

on 2/11/2010 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is actually not bad.
I'm 100% Asian. However, I don't suffer lashes and eye-shape problem like other Asians. I can say my lashes are pretty long. But they are extremely thin and spare, and my brows are even worse. By looking at my picture you can tell why I want a treatment for lashes and brows so bad. http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd206/anhthu777/SDC11220.jpg
I've been using this gel for 3 weeks. After the first week I could say my lashes grew a bit longer. But then, I saw nothing more after the 2nd week. The good thing is it does give some length for my lashes and my brows too. That's actually surprising for under $5 (ridiculously cheap price). But it does not give any thickness for fullness. My lashes are still too thin that I can hardly see the length unless I put the mirror against my nose to look at them. And since it doesn't give thickness, it's useless for my brows. Who want length for eyebrows? My lashes still fall off usually, and I even noticed that my brows started falling off more than usual.
I would continue using this until the 6th week to decide if it's work well but it irritates my eyes really bad. I even got some tiny acne around my eyelids. So I guess I give up on it.
Bottom line, I'm not saying that this does not work. It just doesn't work well on me.

on 2/11/2010 12:43:00 AM

Okay,
So I'm kind of weird, but usually asians have short straight lashes. I have pretty long lashes (people ask if they're fake) that aren't stick straight. Most of my friends would probably kill me if they found out i was using a lash growth product lol! like when I wanted to get shu uemura falsies they were like "say what?!" I'm not about to go out and get a prescription for latisse. however, I pride myself on my lashes and when I have one of those days where like 3 lashes fall out, its like time stops around me and I freak out at the loss of these precious things. my lashes are long but i don't have a lot! This is where ardell comes to the rescue. I can honestly say that after 1 1/2 weeks of use, I have seen an improvement! they are longer, but more than that, I have more lashes! its amazing and I'm not quite sure how this works since it's like mostly castor oil, but i have this whole other row of lashes and spots that used to have no hair have hair sprouting out. maybe its cuz theres less lash fallout so the lashes that would have replaced the fallout just join in on the fun.
couple of things though: do NOT put on before putting in ur contacts. I did this and i got oil on my contacts and had blurred vision the entire day. also dont sleep with your contacts in (not that you should) and have this on. same results.
also put this on my brows and i got pimples. I never get pimples on my brows, so I'm gonna say ardell is the culprit.
also ive only been using this for a short-ish time, so i dont know the full extent of its potential/if it's gonna turn evil on me. but so far its pretty cheap and it delivers. sounds like a winner to me!

on 2/9/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my everyday "mascara" now that I use latisse/lumigan. It is all I need to enhance my lashes and it keeps them soft and conditioned. I use it to groom my brows too. I love this product but only gave it 3 lippies because I do not think it, on it's own, does a thing to accelerate growth (you need latisse for that).

I've used this product for years now, and, yes, it did make my lashes grow in length (although it took 3-4 weeks for me to notice any results). I use it as a mascara primer and also a gel to set my brows. I will continue to repurchase this jewel!

on 1/18/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been using this product for about a month. My lashes have become longer, bare spots have filled in, and I'm showing the beginnings of a second row of lashes about the first. How can you beat a product that is not overpriced, not over-hyped, not over-packaged, and it works?

on 12/30/2009 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so this really works if you stop wearing mascara for a while. I find that mascara breaks down lashes. In the summer I didn't bother going out wearing mascara regularly and applied this product nightly. I noticed a week or two of use that my lashes appeared fuller and longer. It's not as effective if you wear mascara regularly. I wear mascara pretty much everyday and the only effect I get from this product right now is that it makes my lashes stronger I guess? Before ever discovering this product when I would remove my mascara at night several lashes fell out. Now I rarely ever have lashes fall out when I remove my make up. This product is dirt cheap and I'll continue buying it.

Ok, I don't know if it is just me, but in the beginning this product was working and I experienced no negative reactions. Now I use it and idk if its that it got old or idk, but my eyes feel so irritated, making my contacts feel uncomfortable. It also caused some pimples above my brows. Any ideas?

on 12/4/2009 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for 2 weeks. I'd like to start out by saying that yes, I am that girl who already has the eyelashes that you wish you had. I got the gene from my dad, and my mom has been jealous for years. She bought a 3 pack of this product and gave me a tube. I originally wanted to use this product solely to help grow in my brows, but I figured that as long as I was applying it I may as well put it on my lashes. After using this product for just 14 days, all I have to say is wow... Wow! While my brows look only a bit thicker to me, they certainly grew in much faster than the rate they were. I'm almost back to the shape I want. The real stunner from this product is my lashes. They are about a quarter inch longer and so thick they look fake, even without mascara. I actually had to stop applying two coats of mascara and just wear one because with two I look FAKE as hell even though it's 100% real! They also hold their curl so much better than before. On top of that, my mascara seems to glide on even easier than before, and I haven't had to comb my lashes at all because the conditioners in this. My mom has been using Rapid Lash for a while but it seemed the peaking point was a month. After that, her results were the same. I can't imagine my lashes getting longer from this point forward, but I can say that this product is just as good as any expensive brand out there. Try this first before shelling out a ton of money! I recommend buying the 3 pack off Amazon for less than $12 with shipping because you will use this product fast. After 3 weeks I'm about a third of the way through the tube. Also, I really like that this applies with a brush. It combs out my brows and keeps them in place all day. I will repurchase this again and again!

on 11/29/2009 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i didn't really expect too much from this product, but after using it consistently for a few days i have definitely noticed a difference in my lashes. i've noticed that my lashes don't fall out as easily and because of this my lashes are thicker. when i apply mascara my eyelashes look as if i applied fake lashes! i would definitely buy another tube. i also love how one bottle is only 4 buck.

on 11/25/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this to use as a base before putting on my mascara & it helps to miminise breakage.

Top Rated Lash Treatments