MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

4.4

on 9/15/2009 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This gel works well for smooth application. A good product for both experienced make wearers and newbies. Product rarely smudges and is good all day long.

There are a few downsides. The pot will likely get sort of dried out long before product is all used up. In my experience fluidline also is terrible for application to the wet-line, however with either a hard angle brush or eyeliner brush, it can be applied just below it for even more dramatic results.

on 9/14/2009 2:35:00 AM

I was looking for a dark gray liner for my lids, but I was offered this instead. Under bright lights, it most definately looks softer than blacktrack, but in dimmer lighting, I can't tell much of difference. The liner applies easily and lasts forever, so that is good. I just wish it were a tad bit softer than what it really is.

on 9/8/2009 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this shade. This is probably my favorite fluidline thus far. B&G is a soft black with faint gold shimmer that shows once smudged. This applies rather sheerly compared with the others I've tried, that said my application was light. It layered nicely and provided a soft black with subtle shimmer finish. I wanted a wet looking soft black so I smudged a shimmery gloss over the line and it wore off in areas I hadn't applied it as heavily. That said, the combo of B&G and the gloss was very pretty and natural looking for a black. This gives a soft doe-eyed appearance. Love this color. Would definitely repurchase.

This is great for very precise lines, great staying power however, it seems like I am using a lot of product for a very expensive price. Probably because it is very creamy.
Overall, good eyeliner, wished it was cheaper though.

on 8/6/2009 12:55:00 PM

I got this one yesterday and i have mixed feelings about it.
The glitter does not show up in this one, its identical to blacktrack to me and the long lasting power is not that long lasting. I do not have oily lids or so, but after 6 hours the line definitly starting to smudge unfortunatly.

The plus side is that its a very creamy texture witch makes applying it very easy

on 7/25/2009 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Blitz & Glitz = total HOTNESS! This fluidline was limited edition, so I use mine sparingly. It's a rich black that stops just short of being harsh due to the infusion of gold shimmer. It's incredibly unique, applies like a dream and wears for hours! Nothing but love for this fluidliner!!

I adore black eyeliner, so I wanted to try this out. Its a soft black with slight gold shimmer. Once applied, the gold shimmer is not noticeable unless you look up super close. I layer this over my dramatic black eyeliner, to make my eyeliner even darker. Jar is small so Its going pretty fast.

on 7/9/2009 11:41:00 AM

Definitely my HG liner, love, love this stuff. Honestly, I was quite skeptical when I first bought this because I had never used gel eyeliners before, but since regular MAC eyeliners give me the "raccoon eye" look by the end of the day, I decided to give this a try. After some practice, I got the hang of it and this is the only eyeliner that stays in my waterline all day. I use the MAC #266 small angled brush and, for me, it's perfect for applying. The Blitz and Glitz is a softer black with gold sparkles but I don't see any sparkles when I put it on. It looks a lot like Blacktrak on. I will definitely repurchase again and again.

on 7/8/2009 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My fave ! I love gel liners and blitz and glitz is such a pretty black and gold color. The gold is very subbtle, so dont expect something ott. The only thing i've noticed is that it somehow dry on your lids lighter then when you first apply it. Imho, this is not as dark as blacktrack.

on 7/2/2009 7:57:00 PM

I used to use pencil eyeliners before this, but I have oily lids and I get raccoon eyes from them so easily. I really liked the color of techakohl liner in photogravure (a very very dark brown) and asked a MAC MA to find me a similar color in f/l. To my surprise, he pulls out this, which looked like black. However, when applied, the gold shimmer helps soften the black to a color that is between blacktrack and photogravure.
If you are worried out the shimmer, it doesn't show up in a line, but when smudged, it shows up much better but it is not glittery. Its application is very smooth but for me, it still smudges at the end of the day, but not as much as techakohl.
For reference, I apply it to the waterline of my top lids, and sort of half-tightline from under my lashes. I wear contacts, so I often touch my eye area and my eyes are also rather watery. If you only line your upperlid from the top, and not the waterline, then it will probably stay well. I use a 231 brush for my lining and it is really great for my purpose, but not as great for upper lid (non-waterline) lining.
I haven't even used up a quarter of my pot yet, so I would not know about it drying up, but I am taking care to close the lid tightly, place it upside down when lining, and also store it upside down when not lining. I also clean my brush with a brush cleanser and a tissue every singe time.
The price is good for the amount product (3g), because a little goes a very long way. I'm an NC25 Asian for reference.

Top Rated MAC Products