December 20, 2014 | 1642 users online

Blush - NARS - Orgasm Blush

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by scarski91

Update3 on 9th July '14:

I have just read 48!!!....yes 48 pages on sephora q&a page on this product of 'this product is the best for EVERYONE'. Gotta tell ya I have to disagree. It is in a way like saying one size fits all. It just isn't the case at all. We all don't fit into that Orgasm bandwagon surely. For example I know someone with really deep skin, ie almost Alek Wek deep. Maybe she's like half a shade lighter than Wek but still you get idea how deep her skin is, this looks ashy/ruddy on her skin. Ashy glittery garbage on her skin. Yes I accept for many it is flattering, but for everybody like it was stated on Sephora....no way!!! Xx

Update 2 on 25th June '14:

Figured out the reason this barely shows up on my skin. My natural blush is rather close to this colour, Orgasm (add in thee slightest hint of soft rose in as well). I've tried it a few times still don't gravitate towards its like I do with Gilda, Luster & Outlaw.it lacks that pizzazz or umph that I need and want. Yes I can see it being flattering on many a skin tone, from the light(est)-to the deep(est). Not for me unfortunately, I'm actually glad this wasn't my first Nars blush. This emphasizes any imperfections I have i.e porous skin. Overhyped and overrated.

Update 1: Pretty sure I've posted about this blush before, here's a quick update.

I've tried this a few times since I bought this along with Gilda & Outlaw back in April. I keep trying to force myself to like possibly even love it, but it is just not happening. Personally, I think it's over rated. When applying blush, I've noticed I don't gravitate towards this and reach for this unconsciously, like I do with Gilda, Luster or Love. On my skin this just looks like shimmer shimmer shimmer. I don't mind a bit of shimmer, but I don't like it when it appears to be the predominant feature of a blush, to the point you can't see the blush colour. Unless my feelings suddenly change I will not repurchase should I ever hit pan.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by aewest

Though I did enjoy using this product, I probably wouldn't buy it again. While the packaging was sleek and durable, I found it was a product that was just way too expensive for what it was worth. First off, I thought it was way too shiny -- a little shimmer is nice but orgasm is almost sparkly and looked very fake on my cheeks. Along with this, the color payoff isn't great - takes a few applications for it to show up.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by sportschick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this Nars blush a little over a month ago from Sephora. I went there to buy some "special" makeup for my wedding. The woman helping me recommended the NARS orgasm blush. I had heard all of the hype, but had never purchased it, so I gave in! Now, I am kind of wishing I would have kept the receipt!

Packaging: The packaging is very slim and sleek. It fits nicely in to my makeup bag. I like the mirror as well, it's great for touchups.

Colour Payoff: I didn't think the blush went on as good as many of my other blushes--high end and drug store. I had to go over the same spot and reapply to get the amount to show up on my skin...and I am relatively fair skinned. I didn't think it applied very well, and I needed a lot of product to even look flushed.

Colour: I really do think the colour is pretty and it swatched nicely. I think it's a great colour for many skin shades, but it just needs to be a bit more pigmented. I feel like I am using a LOT of product for little output.

Staying Power: I felt like after I finally got the colour payoff I was looking for, it did not last. I give it about 4 hours until it's barely noticeable or streaky. Was super disappointed. I shouldn't have to touch up blush like that during a regular non-strenuous work day!

Price: For $30 small package of blush, I would expect more pigmentation and better staying power. I have blushes under $10 from the drug store that pack a better punch than this $30 one.

Final Verdict: I will not be repurchasing. I would love to try another colour from the NARS blush line to see if I like it better, but I surely will not pay $30 for it. I am really disappointed, as this seems to be a holy grain product to so many people. But I just cannot get on board.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ellablue123

This is a sheer, chunky, gritty, glittery mess. This accentuates every pore and dry part of your skin. Avoid avoid avoid.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Wonder2Wanda

For all the hype I thought the NARS orgasm blush was pretty mediocre b/c it didn't really show up on my skin. I am an NC35 in Mac, just throwing it out there in case anyone w/the same skin tone was going to waste their hard earned $ on this color. For some reason all the NARS blush (that I've seen so far) have these glittery pieces in them. I am partial to matte blushes for my porous skin so this was a big turn off. On my face the glitter helps to magnify my pores! I plan to give this to my sister whose blessed w/better skin and I definitely won't be purchasing any NARS blush any time soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Raquel89

WORST INGREDIENTS EVER!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is obviously very high quality blush with very nice packaging, but personally I think it's a bit overrated. There are plenty of dupes on the market for a fraction of the price. Colorwise, I wish this didn't have sparkles. Why the need to put sparkles in blush I'll never understand. Also, for my coloring I wish this this was more pinky peach than peachy pink. I have super fair skin and red hair, and I think that would just blend better. Otherwise, a good blush, but for my personal needs not for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by nickilloyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

Im not quite sure what all the hype is about this blusher.... i just didnt like it.... im very fair, but it made my skin look ruddy and glittery.... the red cheek look does not suit me.... may work for some people, but it went on so densely even with just a light touch... couldnt wait to rub it off!!! I gave mine away to someone else who later said they, disliked it as well for the same reasons... no, no no

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, the hype over so many years. I must be the only person on the planet who this color does not look good on. I have pale tan skin, and this was too dark on me. Chanel Espeigle blush is what Orgasm is perceived to be.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite blushes! Only cons is that it can get really shimmery if too much product is used. Great, natural color for anyone!