Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

on 2/27/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I liked this so much when I applied it at first, my face was matte, everything was covered.. until my face turned oily, and by oily I mean that when I touched my face, my fingers were dirty and orange from the powder. Ofcourse, after I went oily, I re-applied it all over my face. Wrong choice. It only got worse (!!). I won't buy this again because i'm oily, but if you aren't, this is a pretty good product.

on 2/5/2010 10:53:00 AM

I really like this product because it keeps my face matte. The coverage is fair when I apply it with a brush, but medium to full when i apply it with the spunge. But I have to say that I look quite caky when I apply it with a spunge. The price is ok, because the product stays good for a long time. I had to buy new liquid foundations every 3 months. But this one lasts for about 5 months! Overall a great product.

on 2/3/2010 1:48:00 AM

The first time I wore this, it only lasted for about 3 hours and made my skin extremely oily.
Now that I've become a bit more 'makeup experienced', this compact is great for its price.The trick is using a good primer (I use smashbox) and kabuki brush. I suggest touching up very lightly on the t-zone area midday, as with all makeup. You can build coverage or just use it for a more natural look.
Overall, it provides good coverage for a fairly inexpensive powder.

on 1/13/2010 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing to say about this stuff except that it's AMAZING!! I wear it over my Revlon Color Stay foundation and it keeps my face flawless. Definitely my HG.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This stuff is AMAZING. I used it a couple of years ago when I was 16 and it made my skin look so pretty and flawless. I used it over a light foundation with the sponge it came with...and I looked so pretty! HAHA. I was so ecstatic about how my skin looked with this. I can't remember what color I used but it was a perfect match and neverrrrr looked cakey, I'm an NC20 (fair skinned with yellow/warm undertones) and I will be buying this again soon. I can't believe I forgot about it!

on 11/26/2009 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really concentrate most of my time, efforts, and $$$ on my skin care routine and products. Because of this, I find that I don't really need/want a lot of foundation. I usually use TM or just a light powder to tone down shine and redness and nothing else. This is a little more coverage than a loose setting powder, and I'm finding that it's really nice to have that option at times. The applicator provided was not for me - it made for an overly powdered look that is the exact opposite of the fresh faced look I prefer. However, when using my large powder brush, and just dusting this lightly over cheeks, nose and chin, I was more than pleased! I will layer this over my TM for even more coverage if needed.

on 10/28/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I normally use the Almost Powder as my face makeup. But I think this is actually a superior powder foundation. It has a very silky texture going on, and doesn't cake at all. It looks very natural once it has warmed up on your face. I really like that it is medium coverage. Almost Powder was light to medium. Superpowder Double definitely provides a more full-coverage look. This is a powder with staying power as well. I have very oily skin, and this clings to my face w/out degrading for several hours before I need a touchup. When I use this over a liquid foundation, the staying power is even better. You can also use this powder wet, though I normally use it dry, applied w/a kabuki brush. It does not have a sunscreen, which is my only real complaint. I have already reordered this a few times.

on 10/25/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I've tried several powder foundations in the last few days and this is definately a better one. The last two drugstore ones I tried were SO chalky I find them nearly unusable. I TRY not to be a product snob but this was just better than the drugstore ones. As I said, this is NOT chalky, it went on very smooth, almost creamy. The coverage was excellent. I wish it had SPF but I'm willing to oversee that and count on my moisturizer for that. As far as the wear, I cannot say because I didn't take my makeup off til late and had already been in bed for a while (I know, bad, bad) so I will have to update on that front. UPDATE: Yay, this lasts too! And awesome powder foundation!

on 10/23/2009 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I brought this product after 1 of my favourite guru's on youtube told me she wore it. Her skin looked amazing and I thought I'd try it out myself.

Good points...I like the packaging a lot, the powder itself went on smoothly to my skin without much cakiness. However, this contains mineral oil, something with my acne-prone combo skin can't handle. Ever. Needless to say, it broke me out like a mofo! I was sad because I quite liked the look it gave me.

My friend uses this makeup and her skin always looks awesome, almost airbrushed. I decided to give it a try, and I didn't care for it at all. The powder seemed to just sit on top of my skin giving me a very chalky look. I took it back and got a refund. The next day I had a cystic blemish on my chin. Not sure if it is related, but I rarely ever get blemishes. This makeup didn't work for me, but it may work for you. Clinique has a great return policy.