September 20, 2014 | 1835 users online

Hair Color - Herbaceuticals Inc. - Naturcolor - all shades

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jsc0702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used Clairol Natural Instincts for a long time to blend away the premature gray in my hair. Although I was not very satisfied with it, I continued to use it because I was afraid to use a permanent haircolor at home. I decided to give Naturcolor a try after reading all of the positive reviews here. I am so glad I did. This haircolor is fantastic! It covered my gray completely without any sort of artificial tones. It looks completely natural and has a lot of dimension. This caused no damage my hair and is actually gentler than Natural Instincts, which is a semi-permanent color. My hair is naturally dark brown and I used shade 5N. The consultant at Whole Foods said I could also go one shade darker if I wanted to, but this is perfect. It blends in the gray wihtout darkening my natural shade. I highly recommend this product. I will continue to use this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Jezah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this hair color! It doesnt smell and it leaves your hair so shiny and pretty! I used Light Twinberry Chestnut on my bleached blond hair and it turned out a light creamy looking chocolate brown. So soft and pretty. It follows your natural hair color so it gives you natural highlights. I would recommend this product to anyone who hates gagging and having their eyes water due to the nasty chemical smell of most hair colors, and doesnt want to damage their hair. It is incredible how well it works, and at 15 dollars it was worth the trip to the natural food store!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by JetLilotai

Amazing! As everybody else said...it didn't smell, it's made of natural ingredients, it left my very fine hair silky and undamaged. "Licorice" turned my hair just the color I wanted, a totally glossy, cool black. I feel very safe using this product, unlike the other drugstore nasties I've poured on over my goth self. :) I have officially found my haircolor HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by 5kids4us

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fabulous! I've been getting my hair colored for years at salons so this was my first attempt at doing my own. I loved the fact that it didn't stink and I could rinse it off in the shower. The result was very shiny and natural-looking. I needed to leave it on the full 45+ minutes since I need to cover grey. Getting the right shade is tough. 6N was too dark - I'd call it a dark chocolate brown. 7N was too light - a golden light brown. I'm seeing too many reddish tones with 7N. The gal at Nutracolor said for me to mix 6C (which has ash undertones) with 7N. I need the N shade to color the grey and the C shade to neutralize any red. I have to buy mine direct and pay shipping because there's no store that carries it within 40 miles. I heard about it on this site! Thanks girls!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 3:25:00 PM More reviews by moomonge

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This hair color leaves my hair shinier than any other hair color or conditioner by far. The colors are beautiful and very natural and I have gotten many complements on my hair since I started using it regularly. I have been lightening my hair from a dark brown to a light brown for years, and because this color leaves my hair looking so shiny, healthy and natural looking, I have decided to go back to my natural dark brown. If you are looking for a gentle hair color (this product doesn't lighten), I highly recommend this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mcyang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great color, no chemical smell. I have been using Clairol Nice and Easy for years, but was getting sick of of the smell. Naturcolor was easy to apply (although you do need to leave it on a bit longer than Clairol), had zero odor, and left my hair shiny and glossy. As others have noted, the box does not show the exact color (hello, marketing?), and the images on the website and at the store (Whole Foods, in my case) were impossible to decipher (What the heck is "Burdock"?). It would be nice if the names were a bit more descriptive (why not call it "dark neutral brown"?), or provide little locks of colored hair next to each package. I used "Cola" and found it a bit too dark for my Asian hair, next time I will use Burdock. Also, the instructions say that each kit contains enough product for 2 applications for short hair or roots only. I have shoulder length hair and decided to use the whole kit, but in fact it would have been fine to use only half a kit and save the rest for later (unmixed product will keep for up to 3 years).
Addendum - this tends to fade quickly (a week or two), although it is beautiful while it lasts. I've switched to Naturtint for now, which is more expensive but longer lasting and does not smell, either.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2007 7:17:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I am never going to get my hair colored at a salon again! I tried this for the first time last night based on the MUA reviews (thanks, ladies). Got it at Whole Foods and chose the Burdock shade, which is a rich dark brown. I am pregnant and read somewhere on the 'net that midwives had recommended this brand for its gentleness. I couldn't believe that it would actually cover my gray, but it did! The gel was rich, spread beautifully and didn't stain my scalp. The color is smooth and natural-loooking and my hair feels very soft. Pricier than other OTC colors, but you get a lot for your money--in fact, I mixed way too much considering I was focusing on my roots--next time I'll do half and save the rest for later. Excited to try other shades too.
**Edited to say that I have had some problems with this not "sticking" properly, and making my hair too dark. I am back to Revlon Colorsilk, toxic though it may be.**

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by rutgutpoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG my haircolor is beautiful after using this! I used Yarrow Blond which is a dark neutral blond and it is multi-tonal, shiney, soft and the most gorgeous shade with some gold and some silvery streaks.
There is no comparison between this and other haircolors as far as beauty of color. I was pretty happy with Nutrisse but this just blows it away. It was a dull blond color with Nutrisse but totally natural, it just had no vibrancy. This color is vibrant, it is a color you would notice for it's beauty. You leave this on for 45 minutes total. It came with two little samples of conditioners and my hair felt pretty dried out when it was wet after I washed the color out until I used these conditioners which left it soft and shiney.
I got it at Whole Foods and they will order the shade you want if they don't have it. The colors shown on the www.naturcolor.com website are exactly right only just a tiny bit darker than what you will get. The chart in the store is very accurate for color with it's little hair swatches.
It cost $15 but I have hair almost to my waist and felt like I could have just used half the amount and still covered all my hair. It is a gel that spreads out a lot when you apply it.
I just ordered three more shades to try.
There is no reason to get your hair professionally colored when you can use this. This will look better.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by flossome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have finally found my HG at home hair colour. After years of messing around with different shades of icky box auburns and matte blacks, I decided I wanted to be a rich chocolate brunette again. Two days ago I had black hair. I bleached it and then conditioned the crap out of it for a day, then ran out and picked up a box of Naturcolor after reading the glowing reviews.

You can find Naturcolor at Whole Foods; other organic grocery stores only carry "Naturtint", which is a pretty mediocre dye. These boxes don't have pictures of the color on them, so you have to know what color you want before you go in there. They have a color palette on their website (www.naturcolor.com), I just printed it out and took it with me. I chose 4D (Clove Chestnut), and it turned out beautifully. I might wait a dye and then do another round of color, I have shoulder length THICK THICK porous hair, and I want to make sure all of it takes the color.

Because there is no ammonia in the formula, there is no gross chemical smell. It smells more like tea, which is a definite upgrade. My hair is SO SOFT; I can't believe what good condition my hair is in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW- this is an amazing product. I have long, fine but thick, color-treated hair, & Naturcolor makes it look & feel beautiful. It's very gentle on the hair, & leaves it feeling thicker, fuller, shiney, & full of body. My hair is so much easier to style since I started using this. Naturcolor is a thick gel that deposits beautiful, rich color. It's easy to use, the color stays true & LASTS, & it allows your hair's natural highlights to shine through (lots of dimension with this color!) I have used both the 8D, & 7D (gold series), & the colors are both gorgeous (LOVE the gold series!) My hair normally latches on to any red tones, so I was a little worried about using gold. But it turned out perfectly- no red or orange, just a beautiful golden tone. This product rinses out easily, & isn't messy to use AT ALL! My hair hasn't felt this good in years- I'm so happy! And I love the fact that the results last & my hair continues to get healthier with each use. BTW, I've used this twice in 1 month trying to get my perfect color, & there is never any damage or dryness- it only feels better!! I purchased mine at Super Supplements. Naturcolor also has an 800 number you can call & ask questions- the people that answer the phone are very knowledgeable.

***EDIT*** For those of you wondering which color to choose, I can't stress enough to call the 800#. There's a new review complaining of orange hair- not Naturcolor's fault- the "N" series has red tones in it & to avoid that you need to add a little ash to it. I've called any time I've had a question, & the people have always given me correct info. I've now tried the"N" series (mixed with a tiny bit of ash), & the "D" Gold series. Every color has been pretty, but i'm still partial to the Gold.