November 26, 2014 | 989 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer - Pagoda

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2005 4:00:00 PM More reviews by adollzone

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Gotta lov it, especially when worn over new lipstick in Java after lining lips w/Rosey liner. Both the Java and Pagoda have subtle sparkle that sexes up the smackers w/wet look as bonus. I bought the gold glossimer too and it looks great over Chocolate liner. Too bad this is LE. Let's all write Chanel and demand MORE.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by shimmering

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty rose color on the lips. It looks great alone or with the Chanel lip liner in Nude very lightly underneath.
I haven't bought any glossimers in a while because they were getting a little bit too over the top frosty in my opinion, but Pagoda is definitely not frosty/shimmering in the least. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2005 3:33:00 PM More reviews by SaucyMinx

They just don't get prettier than this! If you are a fan of glossimers, then you must get this one before it sells out! Lovely color - very subtle sparkle, rosy like giggle and blizzard combined.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ne14sumfun

I feel so lucky to have grabbed the very last one of these at my saks! This turns a beautiful shimmery pink on my lips. I have tan asian skin and I've been really into the nudes lately, but when I saw this color I had to have it!! I like the formula as well, not too tacky but still has good staying power! I have both high end and low end lip glosses and I can definately tell the quality differences!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by grrbil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Chanel's glosses are my favorite in the whole world. Spark is my old standby, and in consistency and texture, Pagoda is similar. As for the color, Spark is reddish-berry, while Pagoda has lots of golden pink, which makes it into a more YLBB color. Spark is more of a stand-alone color, while Pagoda is lovely by itself but is also neutral enough to be used as a layer for those who love to mix colors....this would add a wonderful extra dimension to alot of colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2005 5:03:00 AM More reviews by crystallineteddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best glossimer of the new fall line. It is a deep shade of pink with a little bit of blizzard coloring, has a silvery metallic sheen in the tube. On my lips, it's a nice reddish rosy color, definitely YLBB, and does not have that metallic feel at all. I think this has probably just replaced Spark as my favorite glossimer and I have like 10....(Chanel is expensive or i'd have them all).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by umwife11

I first saw (and fell in love with) Pagoda when I bought my first glossimer a week ago...they didn't have Pagoda in stock at the time and after calling nearly every Macy's and Saks near my house, I couldn't find it anywhere. One SA told me they had a few come in earlier in the day and sold them all out within hours. I finally came across a Sephora that had a pair in stock and when I got there and tried it again--It hit my why everyone seems to want this shade--it's gorgeous, very YLBB...a deep pink, maybe slight red (on my lips anyway), kinda bronzey shade that just WORKS. It has shimmer that looks like it'll be a problem in the tube, but on your lips, it's subtle and pretty. The texture is divine too--not gritty or sticky, not goopy...It almost feels like I am wearing a high-shine lipstick as opposed to a gloss. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2005 10:45:00 AM More reviews by deliah008

I love Chanel Glossimers, and I have to say the fall '05 collection is one of the best ones, in terms of Glossimers. I just had to get all 3 in the collection.

In the store, Pagoda isn't my favorite out of the three (that honor went to Sesame). But I'm quite pleased with the results on the lips. This is a blend of Blush (now discontinued) with Blizzard (sans the lavendar tones & silver frost); throw in some more red-brown tones and gold shimmer and we have Pagoda. Texture-wise, it is one of the smoother Glossimers; not gritty at all, as compared to Blizzard or Unity. Colorwise, it's a bit on the red side. Perfect for pigmented lips (gives a YLBB look). I don't know how often I'd reach for this, but probably more when falls comes full-bloom (funny how summer just started in June and fall collections start coming out).

If you love/collect glosses, this is definitely a must-have. Not a bad choice for a first-time Chanel buyer either. It's very wearable and not a loud color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 4:05:00 AM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

I've had a love hate relationship with Chanel glossimers. I love the formula- thick and shiny, long lasting, no stink... but I hate most of the colors, they're all either too warm, hot pink, or have a strange unflattering pink/peach opaque frostiness. Blizzard is the only one I wear much, sometimes Force if I'm feeling feisty but it's not one I reach for a ton. Spark occasionally but I usually wipe it off, after re-deciding that yes, it is too bright and pink. So I wasn't feeling too optimistic when I spotted the new fall colors. Indeed, they looked like a variety of blah and warm colors. Nevertheless I picked up Pagoda, and wiped some on my hand thinking "Hmm, this is totally going to be way too orange and weird." Well, no. I didn't spot any orange. I did see a lovely sheer pinkish red with tons of sparkle though. Against my better judgement I bought it right then and there, after hunting for and failing to find a tester brush. Boy was I pleasantly shocked when I got it home and got some actually on my lips and discovered The Best Glossimer Ever on me. It's very very complex, and somehow it manages to not be orange, weird pink, or too bright. Instead it's a gorgeous flattering sheer rosy red with the perfect amount of sparkle. Likely this is LE because I like it better than all the other glossimers, it would figure. Anyway grab one while they're around. Totally worth it. Looks great with a soft taupe eyeshadow.Actually Revlon's Bronze Ablaze SL lipgloss is really similar, though not identical- it's a bit browner, less pink, but pretty close nevertheless. If you like one the other will probably work for you. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2005 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Greenmaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely my new favorite Glossimer. A sheer, natural rose on my semi-pigmented lips. Nice balance of slight shimmer, rosey bronze tones.
Glossimers have great staying power with the only drawback being that they tend to dry my lips out a bit. I use Shu Uemura Lip Fix under them.
Perfect ylbb color from the Fall 2005 collection.