July 22, 2014 | 1724 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - The Oxygen Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ShannonWilliams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love! Here's the deal with this product. It is not a traditional peel in that it scrubs dead skin cells like the microdelivery peel, this is a hydrating peel in that it leaves the skin glowy and hydrated which last about 3-4 days. I use it once a week and definitely for special occasions. People always comment on my skin after I use it. Moreover, if you use this product in conjunction with the microdelivery peel you will have great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2005 6:27:00 AM More reviews by tecnogrl

This is an absolutely awesome product!! It made a huge difference in my skin with just one usage. I would highly recommend this product to anyone if you're even considering whether it's worth the money. I have only slightly sensitive skin with occasional breakouts and enlarged pores. Sometimes it has a tendency toward dullness. This product made a difference with all of those issues and I will definitely repurchase. Philosophy skincare has made me into a believer in their products and I have quickly become a huge fan!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 10:35:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This peel is way too complicated and too much work, for minimal results. I see both a facialist and derm on a regular basis, so I know what the professional peels can do, and I know what they cost. I don't mind paying for the occasional professional peel, but I like to maintain as much of the results as possible, between my treatments. The oxygen peel does a below average job of improving my skin texture, minimizing the look of my large pores and evening out skin tone. It leaves my skin soft, smooth and my pores clean, but so do many other 1 step treatments. The kit is $45 and with 10 peels, for $4.50 a peel, this is a good price. A 30 minute professional facial will cost $35 - $40 minimum, with no extras. Here is how this Philosophy oxygen treatment works:

First you have to mix up an icky enzyme gel, before applying it to your face. The gel feels incredibly thick and heavy. Then, you put on the oxygen foam over it, which really fizzles up. Then you scrape it off with the enclosed scraper, and rinse off any remaining product. It is very messy and time consuming, and I had to set aside a good 10 -15 minutes for a 5 minute peel. It is not worth it, b/c the results are not very noticeable.

I think Philosophy's MicroDelivery Vitamin C Peel is much more effective, much simpler to use, and can be done in under 3 minutes, with no mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2005 10:12:00 PM More reviews by GODSMACKSGURL

I purchased this peel in a kit that was offered on QVC not expecting it to make a big difference in my skin but it absolutely did. I have oily and acne prone skin and after using this for 3 nights in a row (bootcamp for you skin) it shrunk my acne and made my skin extremely smooth and radiant. I couldn't believe it. I use it now once a week to maintain the results and is the best peel I've found so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by tasha1977

I had high expectations for this product and can honestly say that it does NOTHING! Its a lot of prep work for no noticable result! Save your money girls, this is a big disappointment!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by tracyc9

i have combination/acne-prone skin and i LOVE this product. the trick is to use only 1/2 to 1/3 of the enzyme capsules at a time. not only does it let the product last longer, but that's all you need. really helped clear up my skin and make it glow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2005 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Lizawithaz

I've used this product for several years and it does work. You get a bottle of enzyme capsules, a jar of oxygen cream, a container to make the enzyme gel and a spatula. You add very, very warm/hot water from the tap to the container and add an enzyme capsule, close and shake to make the enzyme gel. It does get clumpy (as another reviewer mentioned) HOWEVER, if you let it sit for just a couple of minutes the warmth of the water (if you have it hot enough) melts down the rest of the enzyme powder to create the gel. You apply the enzyme gel all over the face, apply the oxygen cream on top and massage til it foams. Then you let it sit for a few minutes (I do 5 which is much more effective then just removing it quickly after just a minute or 2) and remove it by either washing it off, scraping if off with the spatula, or for extra exfoliation using a disposable razor to shave it off. I've done all 3, depending on what my skin needed at the moment. I keep this product on hand for when I have an unexpected breakout and I use it several days in a row (which is recommended for starters) and it always helps get rid of my breakout and heal any blemishes I do have faster. If you are expected a harsh PEEL that strips your skin or is abrasive or harsh, this is not it. It is very gentle and soothing but it also leaves your skin brighter and I totally recommend it for anyone who has occasional breakouts.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2005 3:00:00 PM More reviews by hcf17

Okay, I went into this product with really high hopes and I was totally disappointed after its terrible results. It is just the crappiest product imaginable for your skin. It falsely claims that it helps with acne-prone or blemished skin, which is does not at all. It even has the audacity to compare itself to an "in-office peel." Well, I've had a few of those and there is absolutely no comparison. It simply does NOTHING at all and makes your skin look worse than to begin with. First of all, you put the enzyme capsule in the little plastic container that comes with the kit, then you add some warm water and stir. It becomes a clumpy mess and then you must apply this horrible stuff to your skin and let it sit there a few minutes. Then, you add the Oxygen Cream and let it sit for a few minutes. You can either scrape it off or rinse it....either way is horrible. I don't even know how a reputable skin care line can sell such a terrible product. I was tremendously hoping that maybe a second or third try would product better results. I thought maybe I did something wrong with the way I prepared the solution. Finally, I realized that it wasn't me...it was Philosophy. What on earth were they thinking making such a terrible product???