December 19, 2014 | 1580 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bclay

I'm reviewing the Advanced Radiance in the JAR. I love this stuff. I read in MORE magazine that a tester used it in a blind test and would've guessed it as a $50 product. I use a sponge to apply and love the coverage. I'm 54 and have sun damage (brown spots) and so still use my Dermablend to spot cover over it. I have to use powder because I'm stilly oily, and my skin looks flawless. Which makes me a magician 'cause without makeup my skin is not very pretty at all. I will definitely buy this again. Previously I was combining all kinds of liquid makeup in an old Clinique bottle to get the best of the best. It was fun and I still use my concoction on days when I don't need the Radiance. Always use my Dermablend, though. I think this is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Resplendent7

Are we talking about the same product here? I spilled half of it out of the jar opening it, thinking that if it's labeled a cream foundation it would be thick. It's a chemical-smelling thick liquid, and settles quite nicely into my 45 yr old wrinkles. Back to Estee Lauder for me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

CG's Aquasmooth was my HG until I tried this foundation. I purchased this in a paler shade than I normally do, I normally wear Classic Beige or Buff Beige, but I read the reviews on MUA and other NC20 ladies are wearing Classic Ivory. I was extremely impressed with the texture and finish of the foundation, it goes on a lot more matte than Aquasmooth, and I didn't really need to apply powder afterwards. It gives medium coverage, and works really well as a concealer. It can look a little cakey if overapplied, but with a light touch this looks extremely natural. If youu have any dry patches, they will be emphasised by this foundation, but I find this is true of almost every creme foundation. The compact is the same shape and size as Aquasmooth, but in a prettier silver color. The sponge isn't the best for applying this foundation, I find I get a much smoother application with a circular foundation sponge. Classic Ivory is absolutely the perfect color for me, I can't believe I was wearing darker shades on my pale skin. Overall, my skin looks fantastic - smooth, even toned and my fine lines are minimised. HG status!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this makeup.. Cover Girl FINALLY came up with a decent foundation... I'm not concerned about covering up wrinkles with this, since i'm in my 20s and have oily and acne-prone skin. The colour is great.. ivory is not pale-as-ghost (hello maybelline!) and dead-looking for once, its actually normal human color and it does not turn orange!!! WOW THat alone is a huge step for CG, they must have hired some new chemists! When applied with a foundation brush it goes on really smoothly, not too runny not too dry. I love the smell .. it smells like a face cream.. so if you are weird about putting stuff on your face that has a scent smell this before you buy!!! It also claims to have Olay ingredients in it.. sure.. i guess.. don't really know about that since they don't specify WHICH ingredients exactly...(water/aqua?) But all in all, pretty descent! It lasted all day (8-6) under hot conditions (bright lamps) The coverage is medium .. actually a perfect medium. All of you who waste money on the "high end" foundations.... ever bother to actually read the ingredients in them? bet you are paying more for the same stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ZorieB

I love this Makeup.It covers right about Everything! yey It does not cause any breakouts,and i like to slightly wet my sponge for a dewy look=)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ew, this is disgusting. I was lured into purchasing this after I read something in More touting it as something that was just FANTASTIC. It was the usual grayish toned, petro-chemical plus fruity smelling crap I should've expected from CG. The weird thing is, despite its thick, goop-like texture, it offers minimal coverage. And, it just made my skin crawl. I couldn't wait to wash it off. The added bonus: it left a nice big zit on my cheek as a parting gift.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not too bad for a drugstore brand, but not nice enough to repurchase.
It gives buildable coverage, but can look a little masky if you are too heavy handed. I have combo skin in the summer, and I had break through oil everyday with this. I gave it to my mother, but she didn't like it either. I may try it again this winter when I visit my mom.
Overall, this is just okay and we all deserve better than just okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by DonnaQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream foundation is very good. Being a "cosmetics snob," I would buy my foundation only at a department store because of the vast choice of foundation shades. I had been using Prescriptives Photochrome light adjusting makeup, and when I ran out of it and couldn't find my shade, I went searching for a cream foundation similar to the Photochrome. I saw the Cover Girl and decided to try it. I'm sure glad I did. It covers better than the Photochrome (which I think has since been discontinued), and when I apply it with a makeup brush, makes my skin look very smooth. Even better, it costs about three times less than the Prescriptives. Even though I would like to see more choice in shades, I highly recommend this product. Moral of the story: you don't have to spend good money to get a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by virginia88

I wear this daily in classic ivory. I have old scars to cover and have aging, acne prone, combo skin. It covers very well, adds moisture without being greasy. Looks best over exfoliated skin. It is very easy to blend into jawline. I mix a tiny bit of Revlon SKinLights with it for some added glow. I am a personal trainer and in humid environments alot - works well for me. ALWAYS wash off your makeup or it will break you out no matter what brand or type of makeup. Too tired - use an unscented baby wipe! Drink your water and all products work better!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2007 6:51:00 AM More reviews by corkeyes

I love the coverage of this product, and the ease of application, PLUS the fact that on my oily skin, it kept the oilies at bay for 12 hours, which I never get with a liquid foundation. Unfortunately, being very pale, the lightest shade Ivory is a tad too dark, and I like a better match, so I won't repurchase. Sigh