November 23, 2014 | 1644 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Mila422

I have a hard time finding any makeup products that I really love, and if I buy something more than once then its gotta be really good. I just bought my second tube of this a few weeks ago, and this stuff really is very good. I have fair skin, and I use this as an under eye concealer in shade 2. This brightens dark circle very well, but mine aren't the most severe. My favorite thing about this product and what makes it stand out is that it doesn't feel cake and heavy around the gentle under eye area. I haven't found any other under eye concealer that is just as light in texture as this one with this much coverage. Also, I use this to high light various parts of my face. As other have mentioned, the packaging isn't ideal because you don't know how much product is left until you run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As mentioned by other reviewers, this is not a concealer, but meant to be used as a highlighter. I use it under/inner corners of my eyes, sometimes cheekbones and browbones, where ever I think that I need a little more "light"...the click pen is annoying, but overall the product has a certain "je ne sais quoi" that you will not want to be without once you try it. It really improves your makeup in a subtle way that I haven't found with any other product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by SweetTeaAndKerouac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWESOME :) It really is like a facelift in a pen. Swiped and blended under my eyes, on outer cornes, around the nose and on Cupid's bow and I look SO radiant, but naturally. I'm fair/medium, of Colombian and Luxembourgois decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by BeautyexpertMartha

I love this radiant touch! It goes on very smoothly and naturally. It's very easy to blend too! I would highly recommend this product to those who want to cover up blemishes, dark spots naturally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I drank the Touche �clat Kool-Aid, ladies. This is a product that was on my makeup bucket list, and on a visit to Vegas I promised myself I'd splurge on an item from that list. Well, Guerlain Meteorites didn't make the cut (too sparkly!), but Touche �clat did. (For reference, my undereyes are normal skin type, with a few very fine lines that this doesn't emphasize.)

Being fair (NW15-20) and having dark purple eye circles, I bought shade 01 Luminous Radiance, which is a pale salmon color. I use it strictly to lighten along the inner corners of my undereyes and along the nose just by the eye area; then also at the outer corners to camouflage the shadows there. The pale pink color is like an eraser to all those bluish or shadowy areas. I was also shocked by how long it lasted.

I don't exactly consider this a concealer, per se. I also don't use it as a highlighter. It's more of a specialty item, an undereye brightener/corrector. I don't think I would use it for anything else, as it has a very thin consistency, and the color really wouldn't work. I wouldn't use it to hide pimples or redness or brown spots. Heck, I don't know if I'd even use it to hide brown circles. I can only speak for shade 01 and my specific problems and skin tone. There are 11 other colors to choose from at Sephora, so maybe those might work better as light concealers.

The packaging, while pretty, is also not my favorite. There's no way I'll be able to tell when it's running out, as it's a solid gold pen. I do like the idea of a pen, and the applicator brush so you can control where it goes, but I still had to use my fingers to blend.

You only get 0.1 oz for $40.00, which is crazy. I'll see how long it takes to use it up before I decide to buy another, so I can really consider what I'm getting for my money. I'd definitely buy it again (and have one for my purse as well) if cost wasn't a concern. It really is an amazing product for specific problems.

UPDATE 5/17/2013: I'm bumping this up from four to five stars because the more I use it, the more I love it. The clincher? I work in retail, and walk and sweat and lift and bend all day and this stuff is there HOURS later. I look in the mirror later in the day/evening and I can't tell you how SHOCKED how good I look because my worst feature (dark blue undereyes) is still concealed. I have the type of skin where almost nothing lasts more than a few hours. This is an absolute workhorse. HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by emmaqj

I find YSL great as a highlighter -- I use it from my cheekbone to the area beyond my eye, down my nose, and sometimes on my brown bone and around the lips. I really do think of it as a highlighter, although it does give some coverage as well. There are a huge number of highlighters out on the market today, and what I like about this one is that it is much more natural and doesn't include any of the glimmer, etc of others. It is also extremely easy to apply with its brush (I then use a separate brush to blend). I have tried it both before and after foundation, and find that before is the way to go, at least for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kristinelorraine

it's a great highlighter if you got the right match of shade on your skin. it brightens my complexion and makes my face look fresh and vibrant. i still need to use a concealer for my dark under-eye circles though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's not that I don't like this product, but the smell is awful! Although it does highlight well, I truly cannot take the smell of this. Maybe I was sent an expired one perhaps? For the price, they need to make sure all are fresh, if that's the issue.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Zero coverage, so it's not a concealer. Did not experience any highlighting, so it's not a highlighter. Unless you buy it in a lighter shade to highlight via color play, but you can do that with any other real concealer. This hardly even gave a tint to my under eyes and did nothing to blur imperfections where I dabbed it. Nothing light-reflecting about this. What is the point of this if it's not going to conceal or highlight? Overpriced, overhyped crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I can see why people love this stuff, the pretty gold packaging, the name brand, and the price all make you think you are getting more than you actually are! i gave in and purchased this, tried it for a week..and really didn't notice a difference! Not sure if i was given the wrong shade (im an NC35 with yellow undertones, got the #3) but it did not do much for me. It's creamy and blends nicely but it just blended into my skin and did not give me a glowy highlighted look. I was disappointed.
I think this can work for some, but not for me. For the price, it was not as awesome as i expected.