Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay, i'll admit, i was suckered by the claim as well. Matrix Sleek.Look use to be my FAVORITE shampoo&conditioner combo, until I realized it was breaking me out like crazy :[. So i had to discontinue, and have been looking for the right 'smoothing' shampoo ever since. This is amazing for the price, you really cant complain about anything thats two dollars. Is it as good as matrix? no, not really. But it's definitely a close second. I'd rebuy this again, but I have noticed that either this or Sunsilk Beyond Brunette Shampoo&Conditioner has given me so much buildup that I have to use Herbal Essences Drama Clean S&C every so often.

on 8/12/2007 4:16:00 PM

I bought this shampoo when I read that it was supposed to be as good as Matrix, which is my favorite shampoo of all time. I agree that it is definitely as good, if not better since it's less than $2 a bottle. I have mid length, colored hair that is slightly wavy. I also live a really high humidity area and this shampoo is a life safer against frizz. I will definitely buy again.

on 8/12/2007 10:36:00 AM

This line is just ok for me. I have wavy hair that is very fine, but I have a lot of it. I tend to get a lot of frizzes, especially if I blow dry or straighten. I have always had a lot of trouble finding shampoos and conditioners that really work well for my hair. I figured for the price I'd give this a try and see how it works on days where I have to use styling tools on my hair. The smell is nice and the shampoo has a good consistency. But, after styling my hair I saw the same frizz as with many other shampoos. I still use this, but only on days when I am not planning to use tools on my hair.

on 7/30/2007 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this shampoo/conditioner!!! Last year I just started straightening my hair which caused some damage & dryness at the ends of my hair. This shampoo helps keep it tamed.

on 6/27/2007 9:07:00 AM

I bought this on a whim because it was on sale. I loved it!!! It really softens my hair without weighing it down. It left it so smooth that I was able to forgo my usual hair serum. This is my new HG in shampoo and conditioner.

on 6/21/2007 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this!!!!!!!! what a fantastic smell that lingers well into day 2! and no more frizzies. can't beat that for less than 2 bucks. hope the 'cones don't wack my hair out long term, though. we shall see..............

on 6/1/2007 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Like a previous reviewer, I do not usually use this to straighten my hair. I have naturally wavy hair that tends to get frizzy since it is currently about chin-length. This shampoo makes my hair tangle-free, shiny, and makes my waves more defined. Plus, it smells really great! I do use with the corresponding conditioner, and I buy the huge bottle for about $4 at walmart...can't beat that!!

on 4/3/2007 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So impressed with this product! The smell is nice, very expensive and slightly herbal. It really smoothed my hair, to the point it was hard to make my wavy hair curly. I love it when I straighten my hair, it makes it so sleek and shiny and helps fight humidity. I really believe that this line of Professionals from Suave is as good as the brand-name counterparts!

on 2/7/2007 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have extremely naturally curly hair. I actually don't use this to wear my hair straight, I use it to keep my curls frizz free and under control. I have been using this with the conditioner for about 6 months now, and I always get compliments on my curls. People want to know what I use to keep them so bouncy and frizz free. I do straighten my hair every now and then, but mostly I just let it air dry. This definately works for me. At my sister's wedding, I forgot to bring this along, and my hair was a frizzy mess! It may be cheap, but I find it works great for me. What have you got to lose...$4? Definately worth a try!

on 1/29/2007 10:44:00 PM

I am very happy with this shampoo in conjunction with the conditioer. Dirt cheap and it really does a great job on my hair. No complaints here.