Glysomed

4.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glucose, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel extract), Alcohol Denatured, Rosa Canina Leaf Extract, BHT, Sodium Lactate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Glyceryl Stearate, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Citric Acid, Fragrance

on 2/6/2008 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Add my voice to the others raving about this product! I have hypersensitive skin, so almost anything will cause my skin to react with itching and rashes. This does not (I use the fragrance-free version), and moisturizes my hands well. Additionally, this contains bisabolol, which is an anti-irritant. The dimethicone locks in the moisture and the glycerin is a humectant. I have to use only a little though or it does make my hands greasy. I also use a tiny dab of it on my lips, and it moisturizes better than my Blistex Gentle Sense lip balm. Another use that I have found for it is on dry, scaly patches of eczema on my upper arms and body; using this cream nightly on those areas banished them within a few nights. I have already repurchased this hand cream -- one for my purse and one to keep at home.

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glucose, BHT, Sodium Lactate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Bisabolol, Citric Acid.

on 1/28/2008 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

One of the best hand creams around. I've tried a lot, L'Occitane, Nivea Creme, Eucerin, Curel, BlissLabs, etc. and this ranks up there on my list. It moisturizes a lot, always leaving my hands very soft AND stays that way until I wash my hands. The scent does not bother me, I think it's a bit neutral already (I know some people don't like it though).

Too bad it isn't widely available in my area, there was only one major chain that carried it then disappeared. But, I'm still on the search for it. It's great for winter, to put in the car and before sleeping. Very underrated.

on 12/21/2007 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This one is the bomb, the rough spot near my thumb, disappeared almost 90% the first night of using this and by the second application it was gone. I could not find my cetaphil in the cvs/walgreens/riteaid. Found this little gem instead, did some research here and voila!! so happy i tried this thing out. The only con is that its greasy..so i use this as my night treatment..this stuff works like magic.I remember reading in the reviews here it coats like a glove that is true.I got the scented one, its takes a little getting used to, now it does not bother me at all. I hope they never stop making this product ever!
Update** After trying Herbacin, i am cutting a star off...i like that one much better.

on 11/29/2007 10:04:00 PM

While this was moisturizing, I had to be very careful to use only a bit, or it was greasy. I don't think I will buy again because I can't stand the smell. Also, sometimes it makes my hands stink of some smell that doesn't smell like this lotion (weird, right?).

on 10/16/2007 11:44:00 PM

I just used this product for the first time and I immediately walked into my office to review it......it works! I suffer from eczema on my fingertips as a result of being a floral designer and after what seems like hundreds of lotions I can honestly say this stuff is the best. Try it! It's so cheap that you have nothing to lose.

on 9/22/2007 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For dry hands, this stuff is the best. I stock up on it when it goes on sale as the tubes are a lot easier to use than the flat tubs. However, whatever's cheaper'll do because the stuff works.

I can't touch my face with my hands after I've applied it, until it all sinks in. But it's the only thing that really works to keep my skin soft and moist for a full day.

on 8/26/2007 12:31:00 PM

Luv this!! It's obviously not a full body moisturizer but i use it on my hands, feet, knees and elbows and it does a very good job. Feels non-greasy and sinks in easily, although it kinda feels like there's a film around the area you put this on, but that alright. Cheap too!

on 8/23/2007 12:39:00 PM

The best hand moisturizer IMO. It was originally recommended to me by my dermatologist. It forms almost like a moisture glove around your hand and starts working immediately. It has a slight glycerine-y smell and seems a little oily but it is still the best from what I've tried.

on 6/30/2007 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ladies,

the four must haves:

- vaseline petroleum jelly

- johnson and johnson baby oil and baby powder

- glysomed hand cream - i prefer the original.

sure, it's thick and seemingly oily but it works amazing, is ultra sensitive for skin, and generally doesnt have a smell. It might seem pricey at first - $13.99 CAN for a 250ml bottle, but this stuff lasts forever. I've had my tube for almost a year and i still have a quarter left. Although i dont recommend this as a general body lotion - just for those dry hands, elbows, knees, and heels.

on 5/14/2007 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Super moisturizing, non greasy, sinks right it. Glad I finally found it at rite-aid! Hands down the absolute best!Also, green tube lightly scented, white tube non scented.