August 28, 2014 | 1472 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was kind of harsh and bitter smelling(that brought tears to my eyes almost) in the beginning, but then it dries down to a nice floral- powder scent. I think this is one of Lauder's best scents. The others stank of something old and moldy. I have the generic version. Nice for the Spring and Summer months. Update: The more I wear this, I seem to enjoy it! Great for summer! If it's not applied heavily, than this is very nice! It is harsh in the opening but than it dries down to a powdery floral scent that's crisp and light(although a bit sweet)and yet, it's also a bit citrusy. The same perfumer also made Vanderbilt, which I think smells similar to this. Also, I don't get "old lady" with this, as some have mentioned. Now, I know someone who wore this years ago and I thought it was an "older" smelling scent, but elegant. Just depends on the person I guess! In fact, on me, it smells uplifting and youthful. So, if it is a bit "old lady", than that's okay with me! I'd rather smell an "old lady" (or smell like one!) who wore this than some of those other stinkies out there because at least this smells classy, not cheap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This really is one of my daily perfumes. It's light and kind of musky floral, and I really like it. I don't think the smell is dated at all, even though it's been around forever. I'm into florals and orientals and can't stand fruity scents on myself, and to me Beautiful is kind of the best of both worlds. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Liita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this! ever since I was a kid. Itīs so soft and nice, itīs a classic, I do find it a bit... old lady, but still I would wear it, because itīs a very very nice, femenine fragance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by knarleighstuff

This is my all time favorite scent!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Glam1

Its a very strong fragrance,more for mature ladies but it has a wonderful floral smell.My mom loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Loumul

I have been wearing this product on and off for about 20 years and whenever I wear it I get compliments. Like with every perfume out there, it has to suit you, so I would recommend using a sample first to try it out to see if it blends with your own body smell. I live in Ireland and it is quite expensive but always get it for almost half price on-line. I have to say that over the last year or so, it does smell a bit different to me, whether that's me or down to the manufacturers, I don't know - but I reckon I will always have a bottle of this somewhere - it's lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by chelseydaniele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This just reminds me of a cliche smell of perfume. It reminds me of something an older lady would wear. I don't like it at all. It just isn't anything special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful is a heavy floral perfume. A tad 80s perhaps, but not as overwhelming as many of that era. Smells very similar to Tiffany to me. I used to wear it all the time, and was frequently complimented, but I recently got a new bottle which smells strange on me. I cannot say whether it is me, or whether the scent has changed, but it now smells musty rather than rich. A lovely perfume if you can pull it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sammyginni

I absolutely love Beautiful have been wearing off and on for 20 years, it is what the name is, beautiful not overwhelming or headachy type of smell. It is gentle and beautiful. smell it yourself before purchase of corse!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of "big" fragrances in general-- the '50s and '80s are my favorite eras of fragrance launch-- but Beautiful just doesn't suit me. First of all, the initial aldehyde blast is offputting to me-- it's what I can't stand about the Youth Dew spray cologne. Bug-spray-ish, harsh, sickening. Underneat that it's a heavy, musky, deep floral, which in and of itself can be very sexy, but on me it just smells stodgy and fusty. I remember the magazine ads of 20 years ago with Willow Bay and Paulina Porizkova in their wedding veils, which always struck me as odd because the scent seems more suited to an older woman who favors suits from Talbots. No offense-- I admire women like that-- but this scent would suit them better than it does bohemian me.