July 29, 2014 | 1968 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Ponds - bare and repair conditioning eye makeup remover with grapeseed extract and vitamin e [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by aligator

I wear waterproof mascara and I needed a good remover to take it off all the way. After reading so many good reviews and hearing from my friend how good this is, I picked it up at Target for real cheap (under $5)!!! Anyways, I like the dual layer look and how it's activated when you shake it. It also works so well!!! I used to use baby oil and started straying away from it because when it got in my eyes, everything became fuzzy.. This has gotten in my eyes but it isn't fuzzy and it doesn't hurt. I really like everything about this makeup remover!! I can't comment on the film because I wash my face after I use it. I will keep rebuying this!! It is a great product!! I love all Pond's products!! I also use the Dry Skin Cream (blue cap) in the winter and the Fresh Start Exfoliating Face Wash which is amazing as well!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2006 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads for years, but noticed recently that they were stinging my delicate undereye area quite a bit recently, so I thought I'd try something else. This product works well at removing every bit of eye makeup without bothering my eyes or my skin, and is nice and cheap. Using the pre-soaked pads, I've been spoiled by not having to buy separate cotton balls/pads to go with the remover, but they're so cheap that it's hardly much of an added expense. It's a tad greasy, but the residue sinks in fairly quickly. Overall, I'm pleased with its performance. I'd repurchase, but before I do, I think I'm going to try some other products first, to see if there's anything better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by strongbad

This is a great makeup remover. It's true it leaves a film afterwards, but its absorbed in minutes, and after three months, it has yet to cause any breakouts. I don't notice the film unless I touch it. I've gotten some in my eye before, and it didn't hurt, so I'd imagine this would be ok for sensitive skin/eyes. It does start to sting a little when you use it repeatedly on one area (correcting makeup blunders again and again within minutes). I'll probably try some other brands out of curiosity, but would most likely rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my fave eye makeup remover. Better than Lancome's or Dermalogica's. I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes. never a problem with this product. I also like the Vitamin E and grape seed extract. A staple in my beauty regimen.

1/8/07 EDIT: I contacted Ponds and asked them to bring back this wonderful product. They stated that sometimes products come and go for various reasons. This is my fall-back when I'm waiting for Crealine's Bioderma MU remover, and it's a fraction of the Bioderma price!

4/9/09 EDIT: Amazon.com is selling this for $10.99 +$5 S & H.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

I wear waterproof mascara and I usually use baby oil to remove it. Baby oil is very effective, but it leaves a greasy film around my eyes and I can't reapply any eye makeup for a while until the film goes away. Bare & Repair is just as effective as baby oil in removing my mascara and doesn't irritate my skin or eyes. I prefer bi-phase eye makeup removers because I find them more effective than ordinary ones. I also use Sephora Express Eye Makeup Remover, but that is $8 per bottle. This was $3.80 on clearance at Target, but I can't find it in any other stores. The only thing I dislike about it is that the bottle has a wide mouth, making spills easy and frequent. Nonetheless, it's very effective and inexpensive and I would repurchase it. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2006 3:59:00 AM More reviews by fme143

After reading good reviews on this, I was excited to find it in the clearance section at Target. I liked how it was a 2-layer eye makeup remover that you shake (like my HG Lancome Bi-Facil). However, after using this, I was really disappointed. While it didn't sting my eyes (took contacts out first before I used it), it did irritate the skin around my eyes, and felt greasy, even afer washing my face. Also, it didn't do a great job of getting off all my waterproof mascara. I woke up the next morning with TWO painful cystic zits near my eyes and puffy eyelids. Something in this definitely made me break out and have some sort of allergic reaction. Not sure what it was, but I'm never using this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2006 8:58:00 AM More reviews by xxcatwingxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to try something a little stronger than my L'Oreal Plenitude oil-free eye MU remover for the heavy eyeliner & mascara i wear, so based on the reviews i tried this one from Ponds. I had high hopes, but unfortunately it disappointed me. When testing it against the L'Oreal, i cleaned one eye with the Ponds and the other eye with the L'Oreal on a day when i was wearing a particularly generous amount of mascara. From the reviews here, i expected the Ponds side to come off effortlessly and leave no trace of makeup left on my eye. Well surprise surprise-- the Ponds left mascara un-budged on my lashes, while the L'Oreal (which is not a dual-phase type, btw) side came off more easily and thoroughly! So i had to go over that eye with the L'Oreal to get the makeup off that the Ponds left behind. Needless to say i expected way more performance from a dual-phase remover! The Ponds eye also felt strangely warm while i was holding the cotton over my eye-- probably a sign that my sensitive eyes & skin can't tolerate all those botanicals. This remover is going back to the store in exchange for another bottle of my tried-and-true L'Oreal remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by cwalters1218

This is the best eye makeup remover I have ever tried. It doesn't sting my eyes, even w/ contacts in. Takes off EVERYTHING and is really a great deal for the amount you get. I got mine at the local drugstore during a sale on Pond's products for about $4.25? It does remind me of the Lancome one my mother-in-law uses at a much higher price!

Edit: This product worked great but I have sinced switched to DHC deep cleansing oil for removal of eye makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by bluejoansie

I don't like this remover at all. It does remover waterproof mascara, but it's very oily, and leaves a residue. It definitely bothers my eyes. The price is right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

This is great! I wear waterproof mascara and liner and it takes mere seconds to remove with this product. Immediately afterward it leaves a bit of a residue, but a few minutes later there's no oily trace at all! I love that it was all the natural extracts, vitamins, etc - i feel that it's not damaging my skin with harsh ingredients. It blurs my vision a bit, but isn't uncomfortable and there's a tiny bit of stinging, but it works so well i'm leaving it a 5!