April 17, 2014 | 1427 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2006 6:22:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Very smooth, creamy + comfortable to apply, smudges and blends well for a smokey look, then remains transfer-resistent for most of the day. The best thing about this is that is doesn't drag your skin like most liners, and you don't have to press hard. Not keen on the easy-fade plastic lid (the silver paint has been rubbed off by other products in my MU bag), but will definitely repurchase. HG eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by wifeofdr2b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the eyeliner I reach to almost every day! So smooth, so pretty, and it lasts! This is one of my favorite Cream Shapers e/l and I recommend it to everyone. It has a tad bit of shimmer but is a rich chocolate brown shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2006 9:36:00 AM More reviews by suzyQ3

I like that these cream eyeliners are so smooth and easy to apply on my eyes . . no tugging at all. The color is a nice chocolatey brown, but in order to make my brown eyes stand out when using this liner I couple it with a light lavender eyeshadow. Then, it looks really nice. These pencils have pretty good staying power and overall not bad for the price. I liked it so much that I just bought the Egyptian color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 6:26:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black eyeliner has always been a staple for my makeup routine. After many raccoon-esque smudges, I decided I needed a...ahem...makeover!!! I came across these reviews, and I'm glad I did!! I bought Egyptian and this color. Both of them are quite pretty! I use this one for my daytime look. I've read in alot of magazines that brown-eyed women like me should stay away from brown eyeliner. Well, you know what? I say SCREW THAT! The color goes on a dark brown on me, despite the medium color it appears to be. I find it much more natural looking than black eyeliner. Plus, it's a LOT less noticeable if it smudges. I have no allergic reactions to this. To top it all, it lasts a whole day for me (8 hours). So, a major rave for this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best of the Cream Shapers in terms of color. It's also the most flattering brown eyeliner I've ever used. I have dark brown hair (long with bangs) and brown eyes and it just has more "oomph" to it then other browns, but isn't as harsh as a black eyeliner. My husband (who claims to prefer no make-up) doesn't realise he always compliments me when I'm wearing this ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bermudabetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this a very unflattering dull brown colour with copper glitter. It did nothing for my brown eyes and looked rather harsh. Difficult to apply and not the creamy texture I hoped for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 7:06:00 AM More reviews by puppilvnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let's face it, all those Fluidlines, eyegel liners, Liquidlasts, etc. take alot of time to apply in the morning. Well, more time then I ever have! This eyeliner is quick, effecient and is a beautiful shade of brown...doesn't make you look like u have bad allergies (NO RED in it). I stray from Clinique but I always come back. They have great shades that last and look natural. Sometimes liquid liners make your eyes look harsh. I appreciate a softer look from a long lasting liner. Doesn't smudge as much as u would think a pencil would. Great buy, got to get more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 8:08:00 AM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyeliner - I use it almost everyday and it looks very nice with my light brown eyes. The staying power is fantastic (I just use it on my lower lashline), and the shade is a lovely neutral chocolate brown (no red tones) with subtle gold shimmer. So pretty! The eyeliner is so smooth and creamy going on, but doesn't smudge or fade. I also own Brown Sugar and Egyptian, but this is definitely my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

Love this - I reach for this liner more than any other I own. The Cream Shapers go on so smoothly and they're easy to smudge/blend. Plus they stay on like no other. It's hard to believe something creamy has this sort of lasting power, but they do. Chocolate Lustre is a rich brown with no hints of red. A lot of brown liners make me look sickly because they have lots of red tones (MAC's brown liners, mostly). Great product, overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Lucrecia

I bought this item based on the rave here and I must say that I'm not disappointed. I'm a pencil eyeliner user since I started using makeup so I have tried a few brands. This is my favourite though. The colour is dark brown (that's slightly lighter than most dark brown liners) with some shimmer in it. On your lids you cannot really see the shimmer though unless you really close up. Nevertheless, the shimmer adds a gorgeous touch to my normal dark brown liner. The texture is creamy like its name and so easy to glide on. The best part is the fact that it DOESN'T smudge which is really a surprise considering how creamy it is (Most long wearing liners have drier consistency). I have very very oily lids and aread around my eyes in general. Even Revlon colour stay eyeliner smudge on my lower lash line but cream shaper doesn't move after a 10 hour day. This needs sharpening but I don't mind it at all considering how great the result is. The only downfall is that you may not be able to achieve super fine lines with this ( but to me this is not a big issue). I would recommend this to everybody who loves pencil liners!!!