January 27, 2015 | 1779 users online

Concealers - Givenchy - Mister Light

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by TinasDreamworld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought it for under the eye area, that's why the bad rating. No matter what eye cream or light eye gel I use, this concealer cakes, looks flaky and after a few hours it has dried out the eye area and the wrinkles look worse than they are without using any product.
I do like the colour No 2.
However, today, after seriously being frustrated with the hardly covering and so horrible yellow looking You're bluffing it stick from Benefit, I put it on my broken capillaries and my red cheeks. I was worried that it would highlight the area since it was sold to me as a highlighter, but it covers brilliantly my broken capillaries without highlighting or adding sparkle to my cheeks. Because it is so thick it does cover well.

For the eyes I prefer Dior Skinflash.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by scottydolly

WOWZA, ladies and gents, this is defo the best concealor i have bought in a long time. . .it covers my purple corners of my eyes beautifully. . . heres a wee tip. . frame your eyes with it after u conceal ur circled etc. . .simple draw a giant eye shape from above the inner corner of the eyebrow and follow the bone all the way down to the middle of the temple and then about half a centimetre under the socket bone curve a line up to meet at, do thios at either side on top of all ur make up and then tap and blend till it dissapeared, you will have a radiant subtle glow that envelopes the skin around the whole area. . . xx
UPDATE, GAVE ME A MASSIVE DEEP SPOT UNDER MY EYE WHICH TOOK 3 WEEKS TO HEAL AND LEFT A SCAR EVIL EVIL STUFF . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by zoebolina

Hi Ladies,

I need your help! I have been looking at this product for a while now. I can't decide if I'm a #2 or #3. No one in my area carries the product, so I'm going to have to order it on-line. I have tried everything I can think of to find color info. to no avail. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have dark blonde to light brown hair with light blue eyes. My skin does tan, but will burn somewhat easily. I am am avid cyclist/outdoors person spending at least 16 hours per week in the sun (with sunscreen). What color do you think I would be??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

I'm 50 and just purchased this in Mister Toast, based on the great reviews I saw on MUA. This is a really good product. I have "thin" skin beneath my eyes with some blue-ish veins that show up. Mister Light does a good job at muting the dark coloration (it doesn't wipe it out completely, but does diminish by about 80%). Surprisingly, it can also be used very effectively to cover a zit or a Botox bruise. I used to use Touche Eclat, which could only be used under the eyes as it concealed zilch on the face. Mister Light can be layered on to cover blemishes as well as a much "tackier", opaque concealer. I had a deep purple Botox injection bruise on my face last week and I was able to cover it completely with this, which surprised me. Good stuff!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by karwinner

Best illuminating concealer on the market. Not sparkly, with incredible buildable coverage. I use it in my makeup work for print and HD. My clients ALWAYS ask what kind of miracle concealer I used under their eyes. Also, a much better color range than YSL Touche-Eclat.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 9:14:00 AM More reviews by labeauterusse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

well its not the best concealer, it didnt hide dark circles under my eyes or blemishes on my skin that I had...and it doesnt last for long time
wont buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by mml2145

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! once again, thank you MUA ladies for informing me about this product. i would have never found this if it wasnt for the reviews here. i use this in mister toast and it blends so nicely into my skin and brightens up the eye area. i dont have terrible dark circles, but this product makes me look more awake and even toned. i also have to say that this product is great at not creasing and looking cakey. and when you first go to use this, you must prime the pen ALOT! at first i thought mine was broken because i had to turn it about 50 times...but once the product reaches the brush just the right amount is dispensed. you really get you monies worth! LOVE!!

EDIT: 10/17/08--I still use this and love it. Now, I use this with Lancome Effacernes underneath and Mister Light on top. Results=bright eyes without and creasing or caking. HG combo for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Garna_Divka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent colors range, medium coverage, not too thick, I could find just the right shade for my paper-pale skin tone. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay all day long on my oily skin, but its so easy to apply so it doesn't seem to be a big disadvantage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by etmg

i have never had much luck with these pen type concealers, I find Touche Eclat just doesn't work with my skin tone, and recently I bought the Eclat Lumiere concealer from Chanel but didn't like the way it dried on my skin (way to texture-y for under the eyes). But I was going past the Givenchy counter and stopped to look at the blushers and this caught my eye. I tried it on my hand and thought the way it blended into the skin was very natural so the SA tried it on my undereye circles. I have to say, that day my undereye circles were verging on the corpse-like so I could barely bring myself to look in the mirror but I was very pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't say my circles were completely gone - now that would be a miracle but they were so diminished as to be almost unnoticeable. I did end up buying this and am very pleased with it. It is easy to blend up in thin layers and I set this with the secret brightening powder by Laura Mercier. I am happy to say that it does last all day without any touching up. It doesn't start slipping in the afternoon or settling into lines and although some reviewers don't like the tiny sparkles in it, for me, with my cadaver-like circles, this is an extra bit of light reflecting I really need. I really like this and will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate to bring down the rating for this product, but unfortunately it didn't work so well for me. I have dark undereye circles and this isn't the right product for them. I also don't find it's the best product for covering my blemishes either. Having said this, I don't think that it is a bad product. The consistency is smooth and creamy and easy to blend. The pen/brush applicator works well and I haven't had any problems with it. The range of colors will work well for a huge variety of people, IMO. I didn't want to waste it so I've been using it over top of my regular, possibly HG concealer (Dior Hydrating Concealer). It does seem to brighten up my eye area a bit more when I use this and it makes me look slightly more rested, but it's not worth it for me. It just kind of seems like an unnesissary step in my makeup routine, and the results aren't worth the extra time and effort. I will finish up the remainder of product I have left, but I don't plan on buying it again.