April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Concealers - Givenchy - Mister Light

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by karwinner

Best illuminating concealer on the market. Not sparkly, with incredible buildable coverage. I use it in my makeup work for print and HD. My clients ALWAYS ask what kind of miracle concealer I used under their eyes. Also, a much better color range than YSL Touche-Eclat.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 9:14:00 AM More reviews by labeauterusse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

well its not the best concealer, it didnt hide dark circles under my eyes or blemishes on my skin that I had...and it doesnt last for long time
wont buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by mml2145

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! once again, thank you MUA ladies for informing me about this product. i would have never found this if it wasnt for the reviews here. i use this in mister toast and it blends so nicely into my skin and brightens up the eye area. i dont have terrible dark circles, but this product makes me look more awake and even toned. i also have to say that this product is great at not creasing and looking cakey. and when you first go to use this, you must prime the pen ALOT! at first i thought mine was broken because i had to turn it about 50 times...but once the product reaches the brush just the right amount is dispensed. you really get you monies worth! LOVE!!

EDIT: 10/17/08--I still use this and love it. Now, I use this with Lancome Effacernes underneath and Mister Light on top. Results=bright eyes without and creasing or caking. HG combo for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Garna_Divka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent colors range, medium coverage, not too thick, I could find just the right shade for my paper-pale skin tone. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay all day long on my oily skin, but its so easy to apply so it doesn't seem to be a big disadvantage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by etmg

i have never had much luck with these pen type concealers, I find Touche Eclat just doesn't work with my skin tone, and recently I bought the Eclat Lumiere concealer from Chanel but didn't like the way it dried on my skin (way to texture-y for under the eyes). But I was going past the Givenchy counter and stopped to look at the blushers and this caught my eye. I tried it on my hand and thought the way it blended into the skin was very natural so the SA tried it on my undereye circles. I have to say, that day my undereye circles were verging on the corpse-like so I could barely bring myself to look in the mirror but I was very pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't say my circles were completely gone - now that would be a miracle but they were so diminished as to be almost unnoticeable. I did end up buying this and am very pleased with it. It is easy to blend up in thin layers and I set this with the secret brightening powder by Laura Mercier. I am happy to say that it does last all day without any touching up. It doesn't start slipping in the afternoon or settling into lines and although some reviewers don't like the tiny sparkles in it, for me, with my cadaver-like circles, this is an extra bit of light reflecting I really need. I really like this and will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate to bring down the rating for this product, but unfortunately it didn't work so well for me. I have dark undereye circles and this isn't the right product for them. I also don't find it's the best product for covering my blemishes either. Having said this, I don't think that it is a bad product. The consistency is smooth and creamy and easy to blend. The pen/brush applicator works well and I haven't had any problems with it. The range of colors will work well for a huge variety of people, IMO. I didn't want to waste it so I've been using it over top of my regular, possibly HG concealer (Dior Hydrating Concealer). It does seem to brighten up my eye area a bit more when I use this and it makes me look slightly more rested, but it's not worth it for me. It just kind of seems like an unnesissary step in my makeup routine, and the results aren't worth the extra time and effort. I will finish up the remainder of product I have left, but I don't plan on buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

i was at the department store looking for the perfect red blusher but found none from my favourite brands, then i passed the Givenchy counter (which ive never given a second look at) and saw these cute blushers that are made up of squares in different colours. i asked to try them on. at first the MA tried on Red Passion for me, then i found it too pink, and asked to try Euphoric Orange. But by layering yet another blush wasn't a good idea, so the MA suggested to remove some of my makeup, which i said ok to.

i was left exposed with my terrible red acne marks and feel terribly naked. she dabbed powder on but that was not enough, so i requested for her to work some concealer on. she took out this pen and painted my marks with it. the colour seemed very fair and definitely NOT what i would choose. i waited patiently and when she was done, my face had nothing! no more red pimple marks. i couldnt believe such a light colour worked on me. it was 03 - mister toast. for reference i am NC30. the MA explained to me that when you have such red marks its best to use a lighter concealer - well it makes sense! i tested the concealer on my wrist and was impressed by the smooth soft texture.

it comes in a pen form and you have to twist the bottom to dispense the product. i have a similar product from estee lauder and found that Mister Light, in comparison, controlled product dispension much better. you have to click alot of times for the fluid to ooze out and i see that as a good thing, so that you do not accidentally waste it or put too much onto your face but rather, slowly at a time.

i ended up buying the blush and a makeup base but not the concealer, because i had just bought one from Shiseido yesterday. Now im home and im scrutinising my face in the mirror - well of course scars cant disappear miraculously, but the redness of the blemishes are gone. though i have already spent a bomb i will be going back asap to get Mister Light!

///EDIT : today i went back to get Mister Light.. still i bought Mister Toast.

////EDIT : today is my second time using Mister Light. found that the coverage has to be slowly built in order to completely cover my marks. however, even if you use alot of it, it wont look masky. im going through Accutane medication right now and my skin is really dry, especially my eye area. my concealers which once worked for me,are giving me a very bad time by caking up the eye circle area due to the medication. i tried Mister Light on this area and astonishingly enough it went on very smoothly with no creasing or caking (jus as the other reviewers have described). shade 03 is right for my face but too light for my eyecircles... so i may just be going back to get 04 specially for this purpose. its costly, yes, but i see it as a secret formula that i will be re-purchasing for a long long time.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by judychoe

I just can't say enough about this product. I'm a concealer junkie and have tried most in the market. This product gives lightweight, but build-able coverage with staying power. Good color selection. Great packaging where you don't have to stick your fingers anywhere. This is a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jalmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried so many concealers and this one is the best! I use it for under eye darkness and for the occasional blemish. It blends well and does seem to reflect light in a good, but not shimmery or sparkly way. It blends really well and doesn't settle into the small creases near my eyes. It also lasts all day! It's a bit expensive, but it's worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Rolla

Ladies, this product is absolutely fantastic. I sampled tons of concealers - Touche Eclat, EL Double Wear, Effacernes, Biotherm Forget It, you name it - this little gem beats them all. I'm so happy I found it. It matches my skin tone perfectly, covers dark circles very well and doesn't crease, the consistency is just right, the click-pen container is very handy. The price is reasonable, in my opinion. I don't think it will last me long, though.