November 27, 2014 | 1397 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by kuredevurld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I adore this product. I bought it after reading stellar reviews on a beauty blog and was not disappointed.

Even though it is an oil it lightly foams with water and a loofah or with bare hands. It feels silky on the skin and leaves it lightly moisturized and very nicely scented. The scent is not just almond like but also has a very floral quality to it. My whole bathroom smells great after I use this.

I usually use another soap or body wash before this, and then rub this off at the end. I also use it to shave at times, it's very silky.

I took off a lippie because of the price... it's a little expensive for a shower product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Perkup1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't remember where I heard the following advice, but I felt the need to pass it on. This shower oil specifically suggests using this oil as a "shaving base." Well, i don't shave, i get waxed, and have for over 15 years. (we're talking legs right now ladies-knee down to be specific) I would always come home with wax stuck to me from a waxer that wasn't very careful. I heard somewhere that this product was great for removing that excess wax. Which is why most at home waxing kits come with something that removes excess wax. Well, this is the BEST for that. I am not a huge fan of almond scents, but this is mild and the result in amazing. An A+ for removing excess wax, not to mention everything else that has been said in all of the reviews. A great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of a QVC TSV and it is one of my favourites. It has a lovely consistency although its easy to pour out too much. I love the scent and although I have oily skin my legs are very dry so I find it OK.
I particularly like to use it in the bath where you can appreciate the scent and softness much more.
It can also be used by men, a good family product. Haven't used it for shaving but I can imagine it would be great for that so good for holidays too (you can get small travel sizes). 1 lippie off only for price: £14.50 for 250ml in UK.Luckily you can usually get it on QVC or ebay and it will last for AGES.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by charmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product, I have sensitive, dry skin and this product gives it the right amount of soothing moisture. The scent is wonderful and lingers in the bathroom for a couple of hours although I don't notice it on my skin. It can seem a little pricey but I just finished a 250ml bottle that I bought in December. I'm currently searching eBay for the elusive 400ml supersize bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by bloomingiris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a present from my boyfriend, who noticed that I liked the scent while we were in the L'Occitane store. It leaves my skin super soft, and the scent really lingers on my skin for about an hour. After reading the reviews, I tried to use it as a shaving oil, and it did produce a close shave. However, I'd still prefer using shaving mousse as it seems to provide more protection from nicks and cuts. Will definitely buy again because I love the scent so much, and it doesn't give me breakouts on my back even though I have oily skin and live in a tropical country.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was given this product by my mother, for Xmas, and since I have oily skin it is far too rich for me. So I gave it to a friend who LOVES it. I can't express her appreciation for it. She has very dry skin, face and body, and says that this is the only shower gel type thing that has ever left her skin feeling so beautiful. she doesn't really want to buy it full price (who would?) but may do so, because the product itself is so wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Griffin1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product based on the strong recommendation on this board and don't regret it for a minute. The container is stable on my tub ledge and I appreciate the toggle cap...no messy lids or screwtops to worry about. The consistency is definitely unique and if you're used to gels and such, you might have a tendency to overpour, as I did. Really, a little bit goes a long way. Just keep your eye on your hand and you won't be spilling and slipping all over the tub. The best feature, though, is the smell. While I'm addicted to the smell of almond, this is definitely in a class of its own. Not like marzipan at all. It reminds me of a raw milky almond eaten right off a tree. Not cloying at all. And it lingers in the bathroom after I use it, which is a nice pleasant treat. After use, my skin felt smooth and not tight at all, as some reviewers have commented.

While the price may be a bit steep, I'll definitely be altering this product with my favourite lemon and mint shower gels. Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:08:00 AM More reviews by mishamod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok for cleansing, but as others have mentioned, this is THE BEST product to use for shaving! I have tried every type of razor (even new 4 blade Venus) and shave gel/cream for dry and/or sensitive skin, and I STILL get red bumps if I don't use this oil to shave. I've recommended it to many people, and it is wonderful! Not too pricey if used for shaving only.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

I bought this shower oil as I love face cleansing oil, and I must admit I like the fact that an oil can "lather" upon activation w/ water...lol! I was also surprised to see the fantastic reviews this product has here on MUA, so I figured I'd "go for it!" First off, the price is a tad high for the amount you get ( $22 +tax for 8.4 fl. oz.) I can only imagine if you use this everyday as a body wash it'll be gone in no time. The scent to me is "euphoric", as I just love it! The way that I used this oil was in the shower. I squeezed some product onto my body sponge and activated the "lather" by rubbing it on my damp body. It did lather well, as I was able to wash my entire body without having to add more oil. It did rinse off clean, leaving no filmy residue. After my shower/ drying off, I did notice my skin felt a little "tight". I usually lotion my body right after shower, but from reading the reviews for this oil, ppl didn't have to use lotion as they felt "moisturized" enough. Not me...I couldn't stand the "dry" feeling. My skin is not overly dry either, so this was a disappointment. Although, I did use it as a shave cream, and it felt like heaven ;) So, my overall review is this is a luxury item for me as I will only be using it to shave my legs/arm pits with. It smells awesome and the price is steep, but it should last awhile since I am only using it to shave with. Yes, I will repurchase as I may have found my new HG for shaving!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I love the discontinued Cacharel Gloria bath oil, which smells like almond pastries and makes for a deliciously soft shave. The L’Occitane amande shower oil is less sweet and buttery, with emphasis on a milky, fresh almond aroma. At first I was nonplussed, but with every use I find it more and more addictive, to the point that it is my singular shower highlight. I love the way it makes a light, creamy lather and leaves skin hydrated. I can say with confidence that the condition of my ‘normal’ skin has improved since using this product. I gave a decant of this to my very hairy boyfriend for his own personal use and he said he thought it was better suited to soft, girl skin, because with all his tangles and surface area it didn’t go far, nor leave his skin particularly soft. ‘Smells good,’ he conceded.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No