L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 12/21/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: I gave this 5 lippies because it is the only product of it's kind that I know of. It's an oil that foams lightly when mixed with water, and it's main purpose-which it does very well--is not to strip your skin of the oils that keep it moist and to protect your skin from losing additional moisture during the day. I don't need to use very much to clean my body, and it smells delightfully almondy. After showering, my skin is moist, supple, and very lightly scented. I believe that the scent is light enough, and basic enough, that it doesn't interfere with my regular perfume. I use this only in the winter months. I think it would be too cloyingly "oily" feeling in the humid summer months.
Where did I buy this: Sephora B&M store.
Price: $22 for 8 oz.
Packaging: Standard rocker-cap plastic bottle. Be sure to close the cap after each use because if left open and tilted, the product will drain out easily.
Would I buy again: Yup! continued >>

Love, love, love it! I love the way I smell when I use this. The whole bathroom smells amazing after I shower actually and then I just want to keep smelling my skin. My husband even uses this b/c it smells so great. The smell seems to wear off after about an hour unfortunately. My skin is softer after using it and it works great for shaving. It doesn't foam/lather up much at all but it does the trick. I usually just put a little in my hands, rub them together, until it turns slightly white and then apply to body and I don't need much since it's fairly runny.

I was not impressed with this shower oil. It is suppose to be a foaming shower oil but I did not see much foam at all. I did not really smell the almond scent either when I used this shower gel. This shower oil is nothing but a huge disappointment

on 10/23/2008 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love, love, love this product. It leaves my skin feeling so soft, and the scent is so light and relaxing. This product is great for any skin type. It's non-greasy, which is odd since it's an oil. I would recommend this to everyone!!!

on 10/10/2008 11:24:00 PM

I adore this product too! I hesitated on this one because I HATE almond scents but I went to the store and smelled it and it smells lovely. It was buy 2 get one free so I bought two of these and one of the grape. Anyway, this feels so nice on the skin. Silky and soft and the smell is just wonderful. It's a real treat to use!

Now I want the body cream too!

on 9/2/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I adore this product. I bought it after reading stellar reviews on a beauty blog and was not disappointed.

Even though it is an oil it lightly foams with water and a loofah or with bare hands. It feels silky on the skin and leaves it lightly moisturized and very nicely scented. The scent is not just almond like but also has a very floral quality to it. My whole bathroom smells great after I use this.

I usually use another soap or body wash before this, and then rub this off at the end. I also use it to shave at times, it's very silky.

I took off a lippie because of the price... it's a little expensive for a shower product.

on 8/9/2008 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't remember where I heard the following advice, but I felt the need to pass it on. This shower oil specifically suggests using this oil as a "shaving base." Well, i don't shave, i get waxed, and have for over 15 years. (we're talking legs right now ladies-knee down to be specific) I would always come home with wax stuck to me from a waxer that wasn't very careful. I heard somewhere that this product was great for removing that excess wax. Which is why most at home waxing kits come with something that removes excess wax. Well, this is the BEST for that. I am not a huge fan of almond scents, but this is mild and the result in amazing. An A+ for removing excess wax, not to mention everything else that has been said in all of the reviews. A great product.

on 7/14/2008 10:49:00 AM

I got this as part of a QVC TSV and it is one of my favourites. It has a lovely consistency although its easy to pour out too much. I love the scent and although I have oily skin my legs are very dry so I find it OK.
I particularly like to use it in the bath where you can appreciate the scent and softness much more.
It can also be used by men, a good family product. Haven't used it for shaving but I can imagine it would be great for that so good for holidays too (you can get small travel sizes). 1 lippie off only for price: 14.50 for 250ml in UK.Luckily you can usually get it on QVC or ebay and it will last for AGES.

on 7/8/2008 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely love this product, I have sensitive, dry skin and this product gives it the right amount of soothing moisture. The scent is wonderful and lingers in the bathroom for a couple of hours although I don't notice it on my skin. It can seem a little pricey but I just finished a 250ml bottle that I bought in December. I'm currently searching eBay for the elusive 400ml supersize bottle!

on 4/14/2008 11:35:00 PM

I got this as a present from my boyfriend, who noticed that I liked the scent while we were in the L'Occitane store. It leaves my skin super soft, and the scent really lingers on my skin for about an hour. After reading the reviews, I tried to use it as a shaving oil, and it did produce a close shave. However, I'd still prefer using shaving mousse as it seems to provide more protection from nicks and cuts. Will definitely buy again because I love the scent so much, and it doesn't give me breakouts on my back even though I have oily skin and live in a tropical country.