November 25, 2014 | 1830 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

Great foundation. HG potential. It's very light, has a florar scent ( that I don't really like, but it goes away), feels like wearing nothing. The 200 Beige clair is a great match for my NC25 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lmhamner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the finish of this foundation. My skin looks so smooth and it's not too matte. It has just the right amount of shine, but it doesn't make me oily at all, which is a problem I have with many foundations. I like that it has buildable coverage and that the foundation does not rub off and lasts all day. The problem is the color selection and the price. I am not light and I can wear 200. In fact, it oxidizes a bit and makes me look tanned when I'm not! My skintone is medium and I would prefer a lighter shade. Also, you don't get a lot of product for the price. I'm not sure that this is special enough to purchase again. The finish reminds me of Guerlain Lingerie de Peau or Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I think either of those would be a better buy because you get more for the money and they have a better color selection.

Edit: I actually like this a lot. It looks very smooth and nice on my skin. Not as cakey as most other foundations. The 200 is actually a great match for my skin. Wearing primer seems to prevent it from oxidizing and now they have more colors! I also like how fast and convenient it is to apply. This turned out to be my go-to foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The price of this product hurts! I had to return it for a few reasons, the price, the color matching (301 looked orange on me), and it didn't feel nice or light on my skin. The color selection sucks! Even if I did find a color match, I think this product is not worth the price. I heard you only get a 60 uses/sprays, which is a rip off!. I'll stick to my Revlon Colorstay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this foundation, but it's certainly not something that I use everyday.

THE COVERAGE is completely buildable, which is what I love about this product. One layer gives medium coverage, but 2-3 will give full coverage and make your skin appear flawless (but somehow not masky).

THE FEEL is very light weight. Even with 2-3 layers, I can't even feel it on my face. There is nothing that I hate more than feeling a layer of makeupo on my face, so I'm glad that this product is so light-weight.

THE COLOR SELECTION kind of sucks. I use Medium Beige 300, which is perfect for my tan NC40-42 complexion, but there are not many shades to choose from (especially for pale girls). The shades that they do have tend to run quite dark.

THE WEAR TIME is very long. I wore this when out partying all night, and it held up nicely. And I was dancing and sweating all night! I don't find that this foundation needs to be set with powder, but I use a TINY amount of MUFE HD Powder since I do have oily skin. If your skin is combo or dry, skip the powder. Also, I think that this foundation actually works better WITHOUT a primer.

THE APPLICATION? This can be applied in many ways. On the Sephora site, they suggest spraying onto your face in a Z shape, then blending. Or, spraying the product directly onto a kabuki, then buffing for fuller coverage. When I want full coverage, I use the Z method twice, allowing to dry in between (using a cosmetic sponge, Beauty Blender, or a flat top powder brush to blend each time). Be sure to hold this product 6-8 inches away from your face when applying. BTW- I advise wearing a thick headband when applying this, because it will get into your hair.

THE FINISH is actually quite natural. Most medium to full coverage foundations don't look very natural, so I was impressed by this. With one layer, you literally can't even tell that you have makeup on. With two layers, it still does not look cakey or mask-like (even though your skin will look completely flawless and air brushed).

THE FLAWS. The only real flaws that I can think of is the crappy color range and the fact that this product does not last long. I've read that you can generally get 60 applications out of it (and that's probably if you only use a small amount). Getting two or less months out of a $60 bottle of foundation is ridiculous. I had to take a star off for this.

WHO IS IT FOR? Women who want a flawless complexion without the look of a ton of makeup. I don't think that this is a good product for girls with dry skin. I've read a few reviews and some dry skinned girls said that this just exaggerated flakiness and dried their skin out even more (I'm pretty sure it has alcohol in it). This is best for combo or oily girls.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

I'm a believer! Purchased in 300 Medium Beige for my light tan Asian NC30/C4 (neutral) combo dry complexion. Coverage is completely buildable, with 1 spray = medium, 2-3 = 100% flawless, but can look too perfect, flat, and makeup-y, so I prefer 1 spray all over then spraying direcly on a foundation brush and dabbing on areas that need more coverage. I do not set with powder since it can look too flat as mentioned. The finish is satin matte and does not pick up any of my dry patches. The longevity is ah-may-zing. A 6 hour evening and I never powdered once after apps, drinks, dinner, etc. Glad to have it in my (ever-expanding lol) rotation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

By far the best foundation I have ever used. Waterproof, flawless coverage; can be worn in layers so coverage is controllable. When I wear it, people can't tell I'm wearing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by MissMegg83

Airflash has been my favorite foundation that I have found. The 200 matches my skin perfectly and has the coverage I need for when my skin is breaking out or if I'm having a rosacea flare up. I apply with the foundation lightly sprayed on a flat kabuki brush that way I have more control than just spraying it on my face and using a brush afterwards. I find it allows for much more even distribution and I can layer as necessary. The one downfall I find with this is that it is very drying. Whenever I wear it I make sure that I apply a heavy moisturizer and also a primer with it and then a heavy moisturizer again when I take it off at night. As for price, it is a bit high, but if you use it with a light hand, it does last quite awhile and it makes my skin look flawless, so who wouldn't pay for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Curlyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loooove this foundation! I never really came up with the ideo to use the 'Airflash' foundation, but once I tried it --> I was sold! It looks so pretty on your skin, flawless! I do have to say that I don't think this is foundation that you can use on a daily basis, because my skin gets so dry after using. But when I go to work, my makeup needs to last all day, and this is perfect. Make sure that you use a (really) good moisturiser before using. I would recommend to spray it on a flat brush(I use the one from Zoeva) and than apply it in round circles on your skin. Beautiful!! I use the 400:)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by rvg912

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This make up is very fun to use.
I really reccomend using a primer before, this product can dry out skin and cause pimples. But the results are amazing, truly airbrushed. I wish they had better color ranges. I am 300 and am medium skin with blonde hair, green eyes. this foundation works really well with the skinflash radiance booster pen!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation!
I may try other Dior foundation products purely because, by the end of the day, this has oxidised a tiny bit but other than that, this foundation is perfect.
It really does give a flawless complexion as it evens skin tone/colour and also makes my pores seem smaller. This foundation has a slightly tacky feel to it so I set it with powder so my skin feels soft and smooth.

Also, spending £33 on a foundation is expensive for me so I really wasn't willing to fork out the £43 for the brush to apply it but I found a dupe for it that I think works amazingly, it's the EcoTools flat-top buffing brush and it's only £9.99. :)

I prefer to spray this foundation onto the brush rather than directly on my face. If sprayed directly on the face, I found that the brush wiped more foundation off than it did on but if you spray it directly on the brush and then buff/stipple, your face will look flawless!

UPDATE: 4/1/13
Gutted that this has run out after just under 2 months?!
I use this sparingly, so I'm pretty disappointed that a £33 foundation has run out so quickly. The hundred other foundations I have used have all lasted me roughly 6 months. I have not been put off of Dior foundations but I'll definitely be trying their liquid foundations because I do not have the funds to buy the Airflash every other month.