April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great compact to keep in your purse. The packaging looks cheap but it does come with a mirror and it has no fragrance. This powder works good for touch ups or used alone for lighter coverage. They last a long time and are a good value for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by psychojunglecat

PROS
- Can cover up redness
- Looks natural
- Comes with a convenient mirror and applicator.

CONS
- After about 5 hours, it started to feel a bit oily.

Conclusion:
A very nice powder, I would get it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by rawrette

I have oily skin, and this powder oxidizes. I look so orange by the end of the day if I apply this over my liquid foundation. I do not like this product at all, and I've thrown it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by angie7595

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There was a sale going on at Ulta, where you could buy a L'Oreal product and get one free. My sister got me the powder for $7 and she got the liquid. I really didn't want it, but i decided to try it anyway. Overall the product is good,not great,but good. It has good coverage because you can layer it on without looking cakey. I use this alone and it covers up my acne scars and discoloration. But sadly it could not completely cover my under eye circles. It feels dry on my skin, even when it looks good.
I love the packaging. The powder is on one side and the mirror and sponge on the other. I use the sponge for touch ups when i'm not home and i don't use the mirror at all. But it's a great idea to put them separately!
I can't say how the liquid is on my skin. My sister is the same shade as me,W7. They have the BIGGEST variety of shades i have EVER seen!!! They have 8 warm,8 cool, and 8 neutral shades! That's 24!! :O.
The liquid looked really white on her skin, but as the day went on it evened it out and looked good. Very few touch ups were needed. But sadly she broke out from the liquid :(.
one MAJOR problem i have with this is that it rubs after you apply it! i was laying on my friends arm and their shirt had makeup all over it!!
The only reason i wouldn't buy this again is because i would want to try something better and different, but since finding the shade of my skin is oh so very difficult, i might stick with this for drugstore. But if you can find another makeup you should. dont waste your money.
*Quick Read*
Pros
-ok coverage
-smart packaging
-HUGE variety of shades
Cons
-Felt dry on my skin but looked normal (I may be the only one)
-Not a natural feel on my skin (I knew i was wearing makeup)
-Could not cover under eye circles completely (mine are bad)
-If you don't have a powder brush, you should buy one.
-Rubs off VERY VERY easily
*tip* try it on at ulta, keep it on for however long you want, then get a tissue and touch your face. i guarantee that you will see makeup on the tissue.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by recklessrei

Funny i used this product about 5 years ago, tried some other brands and have come back to it. I used to use the sponge then and it just isn't great - gives a real heavy, chalky look and doesn't spread evenly - What a mistake.
It isn't a HG (not yet IMO anyway) in terms of powders, but it's pretty good for the price.
The packaging looks and feels a bit crap but the colours are okay, i use N4 depending on the season and they are peachy coloured (not pink, not yellow) but they work.

My tip - ditch the sponge provided, use a brush at home or a powder puff on the move. For a dewy look, spritz using water and a few drops of toner in an atomiser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just wasn't that impressed. Felt and looked chalky. Coverage was so so. Color match was better than my HG, Maybelline Purestay, but that's about it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

ugh i was so disappointed, i expected way more.
i wanted a powder to use over my liquid foundation and so i can reapply at school or wherever i go. if you like little to no coverage powder, this is for you. also, for some reason before applying this on, i had my liquid foundation and concealer and my skin looked almost flawless, just not matte. when i would put the powder on it was pretty much just brush off my makeup so my pimples and redness would show! i felt so ugly. not sure if it was my brush or powder, but that's what happened :/ i switched powders, im using neutrgena powder foundation now its so much better and it doesnt make my conceraler fade off.

overall, i hated this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by CrochetDiva23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is HANDS-DOWN the BEST powder I've ever used. I just bought another two of them because my color, N8 is often sold out.

Let me tell you why I love this powder so much.

First of all, it works wonderfully over every single thing I use -- even over foundations other than L'Oreal True Match -- and I LOVE the foundation too!

I use this powder over my tinted moisturizer too and I was met with so many compliments about my makeup that day I couldn't believe it!

It gives your skin a wonderfully natural finish. I have to go to a different store to get some more tomorrow because I've bought up all the compacts in my shade.

I'll be using this powder during my upcoming hospital stay -- gotta look my best for the single doctors. :)

Love, love, love this product! Just the most amazing drugstore makeup I've ever used!

Try this one!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by BlondySofia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a light skin blue-eyed European girl, with sensitive skin which has pink undertone. The lady in the store really recommended it to me & pointed out it is rich in minerals & perfect for sensitive skin. I have been always the user of high-end foundations (Christian Dior, Shiseido, Clinique, Kanebo), but I decided to try it after such a good recommendation. I bought it sometime in April'11 & tried it right away on top of my Clinique liquid foundation, while I really liked the coverage, I noticed it was a little bit drying for my skin back in April & it turns somewhat orange after several minutes of application, so I left it unused for sometime. Then the summer heat started in June and all of my previously used high-end foundations started to melt on my face, my t-zone under the make-up started to look shiny & my high-end foundations gave me quite a bit of break-outs on my chin & forehead. And then, desperate to fix my oily t-zone, I started to use it again. All I can say it is GREAT for SUMMER!!!!! I am actually wearing my make-up to the Gym & L'Oreal True Match is PERFECT for HOT SUMMER MONTHS!!! It does not melt on my face, it absorbs all of the sweat while running etc., it looks great after 1.5 hrs of intense work-out in the Gym, I actually got compliments from guys on the street how great I look after 2 hrs of intense work-out with this foundation on. Unlike other brands, it DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT, actually the minerals in it DO HEAL my minor blemishes (they make them drier, and completely invisible), so even so in spring I was not impressed with this product at all, it DOES HELP a LOT in SUMMER months!!! The ONLY NEGATIVE is that it turns a bit ORANGE several minutes after application, it won't be too noticeable on darker skins I believe, but it is a bit noticeable on my still fair skin (but not too much). I think it is a pretty good every day foundation for casual events (shopping, gym, meeting friends etc.).. I treat myself for high-end brands for more important meetings, dates etc., but still think L'Oreal True Match could be great & won't smear during the night of dancing in the hot summer months.... Just make sure the color does not look too orange on your skin several minutes post-application ^^

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Gigit77

Makes me break out, I won't use it again.