Prestige MultiFinish Wet Dry Powder Foundation

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Talc , Nylon-12 , Phenyl Trimethicone , Silica , Dimethicone , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Methicone , Propylparaben , Butylparaben , Ethylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Mica May Contain /- CI 77019 , Titanium Dioxide May Contain /- CI 77891 , Iron Oxide May Contain /- CI 77491 - 77492 - 77499, Source: Prestige Cosmetics.

on 8/12/2005 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

For a cheapie ds foundation, this is actually pretty good. I use Bisque, the lightest one and my only issue with it is that it's a bit too pink for my PPP NC15 skin (I wear the lightest in every foundation), yet the next shade up was too dark/beige. Oh well. Applied sheerly (dry) it's do-able, and didn't oxidize later in the day. I should try it wet & see how it works that way. Until then, I say this is on par with Maybelline PureStay powder foundation, in much better packaging and reasonably priced. It didn't look too chalky, went on smoothly, covered fairly well, didn't enhance my pores and I only needed one touchup during the day (forehead) on my combo skin. The ingredients are pretty decent too, surprisingly and if not for the too-pink shade of Bisque, I'd repurchase.

This powder foundation is as good as any of the high-end ones that I have used (Dior, Clarins, MAC and Body & Soul) and maybe better than some. The coverage is great (not powdery or cakey) and the shade I use, Soft Spice, matches my skin perfectly. It stays on all day and looks very natural. I'm usually such a snob about my make-up but I would recommend Prestige's inexpensive MultiFinish Wet/Dry Powder Foundation to anyone who used a powder foundation.

on 8/11/2005 10:50:00 AM

I love this product - I use it dry, and it looks great all day with just a touchup or two. I am PPP/cool tones and the lightest shade is perfect for me. Good matte coverage without settling into lines (just use a light touch around the eyes). *I did buy the recommended velour puff to use this dry. Maybe the sponge is better for those who use it wet.

on 7/29/2005 10:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this in Wheat and it's a perfect match for my MAC C3 skin. So far, I have only tried applying this dry and it offers surprisingly full coverage. My skin is very oily, but it did not oxidize on me. The texture is not quite as silky as my Body & Soul powder, but at only $6, this will suffice. continued >>

on 7/4/2005 11:02:00 PM

I LOVE this powder foundation!!! I found this in FL in April, way before I read or saw it elsewhere. I'm light-medium olive complected and Natural Beige looks wonderful on my skin. I bought it for its Wet/Dry abilities, but I haven't used it wet yet...I haven't NEEDED to! The dry coverage is wonderful! I DID replace the sponge applicator (love the mirror and vented case) with a flocked circular sponge; I don't like the latex one that comes with. I never use moisturizer, just Paula's Choice 2% BHL; I let it dry completely then apply my undereye concealer, gel blush or bronzer, then powder foundation. On blemishes or discolorations, I first apply some eye shadow base carefully on the areas; then my powder foundation - GONE. I've been using Maybelline PureStay, but I love the coverage of Prestige much more. A definite HG for school/everyday...a great find. UPDATE 7/11/05 Used this wet today! With a dab of Lumene Eyeshadow Base over RED areas of badly broken-out blemishes, I got 100% coverage! 100%!!! After applying to entire face, I pressed/sponged over these areas. Oh yeah, I'm hooked. Gotta get rid of my CG and Maybelline back-ups!

on 5/16/2005 12:03:00 PM

I bought this on a trip when I smashed my foundation. The package says you can use this with a wet sponge, but when I did, the product caked up. You CANNOT use it with a wet sponge. Color is good - it's yellow based (I bought WD-14A Wheat) so it matches my pale Asian skin okay, compared to some of the grocery store brands. Coverage doesn't last, however, and it oxidized on my skin. For the price, it's an okay product but I wouldn't repurchase. Am sticking to my Laura Mercier.