Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

4.1

Water,Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Leaf Powder, Linum Usitastissimum (Linseed) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearalkonium chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Qauternium-80, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) seed Oil, Limanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Phellodendron AmurenseBark Extract, Tocopherol, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium Methosulfate, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, BehenamidopropyltrimoniumMethosulfate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Dimethiconol Meadowfoamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Citric Acid, Sodium Gluconante, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the below reviewer of this product. It does stop breakage. I love this stuff. I too had to try after i kept hearing over and over how good it was well it is. I want to get the whole line shampoo and leave in as well. Its my HG.

i want to love aveda, but sometimes i'm a little lost in their world of products. last time i stopped by, i picked this little gem pu and thought, $28 eh?! but got it anyhow. i LOVE IT!!! i have thick, coarse hair with a natural kink/wave/curl, and i color it all the time and straighten it a lot. this treatment is a dream!! seriously, every time i use it i get compliments on my hair and home 'healthy' it looks. it's awesome. i have also used a bunch of other "high end" hair mask/treatments and this is for sure the most effective. forget fekkai, go aveda!

on 5/18/2007 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Last year I had my hair highlighted and colored and the stylist chemically fried my hair. Since I knew I needed to have lots of it cut off (several inches) due to the amount of breakage, I decided to head to the local Aveda salon because the stylists there rock! (Should have had the coloring done there). Anyway, after she lopped 5 inches off and gave me a lovely new style, the stylist recommended the Damage Remedy line for the remaining horribly damaged hair. I was hesitant because, well, it's very expensive. THANK GOODNESS I went ahead and bought this (along with the shampoo and conditioner). After a few weeks of use there was a very noticible difference in my hair. Because I know protein can be drying, after two weeks I began rotating my use of this regimen with Nexxus Therapee/Humectress and Redken Allsoft. After a few months, my hair was just beautiful, especially the new growth. If I ever have hair that is severely damaged again, there is nothing else I would use. It does take time to see results, but continued use of this will save your hair.

on 4/19/2007 12:06:00 AM

Please see my review of the shampoo from this line. I love all three Damage Remedy products and they have nursed my hair back to health on more than one occasion. Definately worth the money, IME.

on 2/13/2007 10:02:00 PM

when I was going to beauty school, I dyed my hair "rocket Fire Red"...and didnt not like it at all. I cried at night wanting my blonde hair back. My instuctor told me if I bleached my hair that soon, that my hair WOULD fall out. Well, I did it anyway, and my hair was like wet cotton candy. If I wouldve ran a brush thru it, it wouldve took the hair with it.
that night I put this on my hair, left it on longer than youre supposed to, and my hair looked soooo healthy and strong...no sign of a chemical treatment was detectable. My instructor couldnt believe it. It saved my butt.

on 2/8/2007 2:40:00 PM

Outrageously expensive, completely ineffective.
Such a waste of money

on 1/4/2007 10:08:00 PM

I think this intensive weekly treatment really restructures the hair because it makes my dry and damaged hair so noticeably smoother and softer. However, I've noticed that I do need to leave it in for a longer period of time (at least 30 mins) in order to see a nice difference.

on 12/19/2006 11:31:00 PM

This product really seems to work on my dry hair. It is very expensive, but I think it is worth it. I also am using the damage remedy shampoo and I like it as well. My super dried out hair has greatly improved after using this a few times. I use it about once a week.

on 12/10/2006 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yes, it's ridiculously expensive, but it really does work. If your hair is fried, this is a miracle worker. I love Aveda, especially for shampoo and styling products, but this treatment is above and beyond. A protein treatment and conditioner in one, so amazing for damaged hair. I got the Damage Remedy deep conditioning treatment at my salon, and couldn't believe the difference it made, along with a good trim! My stylist recommended using the Restructuring Treatment as maintenance at home. I use this treatment every two weeks or so, and I leave it in for as long as possible. If I have the time I stick a plastic bag over my hair and heat it with a blow dryer. My hair has never looked better and I have done away with a lot of my other treatments and deep conditioners as a result...even Aveda ones. Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/24/2006 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I would have to disagree with a previous reviewer who commented that this product and other Aveda products are not made for "black hair" (i.e., African-American hair). I have used Aveda products for years now and have found some that work well for my hair. I am in love with the Damage Remedy line. I find that they both strengthen and moisturize my hair well. In addition, my hair is shiny and has so much body. Although, I feel as though the product is a bit overpriced, I will definitely repurchase as it has given me the results I desire. By the way, my hair is arm pit length, thick and coarse.