April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin tends to amplify fruity florals, for some reason. On me, this was way young and way sweet, and really strong even though I only spritzed it once. The grassy drydown is lovely, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by egh121

I wanted to love this soooo much. Unfortunately like some others, I have the wrong chemistry for this - pears and b.o. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by beautyqueeny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was a whole bottle decant from the SA when I ordered over the phone a LE Muguet a few years back. I wanted to love this but I don't. Too syrupy. Pure syrup.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The more I wear this the less I like it. At first I found it a bit sweet but wearable. Then the next time I wore it I got a headache and I found the top and strongest note (not sure what it is) to be sickening. Luckly I only had a sample and I tossed it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tempest322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Considering that I generally stay away from "fruity" scents, I'm surprised that I kind of like Petite Cherie. I'm not sure from reading other reviews if this is supposed to smell like peaches or pears, but on me it's more in the direction of the latter. It starts off on me as pure alcohol and quickly becomes a very, very delicate, syrupy scent, and in fact the more it dries down the more syrupy it smells (in the heat it even smelled a little like maple syrup in the crook of my arm!). There is just the tiniest bit of a floral in there too, although I can't quite pick out which one. However, after a short time I do pick up slightly on the B.O. thing people are talking about. Lasting power is very short, typical of AG scents. Maybe if I had it in spray form it would last longer. It's a well-done scent but not really me, so I don't think I'd repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by bellafaccia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to give this several tries before coming to the conclusion I LOVE it! The dry down is a lovely, fresh & clean skin-scent on me, but I would never have guessed this would be my verdict from the initial spritz.

As the previous reviewer said, the first spritz smells like fresh pears for the first few minutes - which was OK, but not something I was really loving - I do not want to smell like a fruit all day. But then it softens and morphs into something so very soft, innocent yet sexy.

Also as the previous reviewer said, I found it very comforting - creamy & sweet (not foody sweet, more like fresh-cut grass sweet) while also being fresh. I have the EDT and would love to find this in EDP for greater lasting power.

I believe this was created/marketed for the teen set, but this is so much more complex than others targeted to that market segment like Pink Sugar...this really is appropriate for any age. And is especially wonderful for spring & summer.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by teddyjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This perfume is the first and only one I have ever gone through an entire bottle of...I never get bored or tired of it, this I think will forever be my old favorite.

It smells like fresh pears for the first few minutes which is just lovely and perky and just the right amount of time, who wants to smell like a fruit all day? It dries down to something at once both simple and complex...complex because I can't put my finger on any one scent in particular but simple because it harmonizes these scents into a single beautiful understated scent that stays constant thru the day.

I find it intensely comforting, like a cashmere sweater and calming like fresh air. It is creamy and sweet while also being fresh and sparkling. The lasting power is good but it can take a bit more of the stuff if you want others to smell it as well, which sometimes you don't and it's very hard to go over board with this one which is helpful too. I personally don't think people should be able to smell your perfume unless they are close enough to touch you anything more seems like bad manners to me.

I hate when people say this is a scent for teenagers because this was the perfume I fell in love with right as I was coming into my own as a woman around 25 years old. Aside from the name I do not find this fragrance in the least immature and would encourage you not to let your age dictate whether or not you should like this perfume. In fact I get tons of compliments from men and women of all ages when I wear this but my 14 year old cousin dismissed it as too "perfumy" for her.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Icyprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this peach scent even though there are others like Pink Manhattan and Floret that I just love even more. This one's not a sexy scent but a nice, casual one. I think this smells more like pear than peach, and it's kind of grassy. But it's very soft and pretty, and natural-smelling, not like a lot of mainstream perfumes that smell of chemicals and overpowering musky notes. Too many perfumes bother me but this one doesn't. I wish it had a little more something, maybe sweetness, or personality, but I'm happy with my bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

RIS a sample vial and ewww....I usually LOVE sweet fruity scents but I really cannot stand this fragrance. I can stand the overly sweet scents but this one is just too empowering. It smells of figs and peaches and the lasting power is quite strong. I sprayed it once and after 7hrs, I can still smell it.
I checked out the price of this fragrance and cannot believe that its about 40 for a 50ml bottle, which I find is overly priced for this so so fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by faith24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent and would love to buy it for summer... It smells just like pears,freshly cut... Very nice and innocent scent... I think the lasting power could be better but then I still get a little whif of the perfume several hours later, so it's not that terrible. Price is a much bigger issue- i dont think this perfume is worth $$$ it's being sold for. If u are looking for a very soft nice scent that is not at all artificial and are willing to pay close to $100 for it- Petite Cherie would be great for you.