April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Treatments - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by loogie

I think this is a good product but it is overpriced. I will not repurchase when there are other options that have the same results for less $$.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2007 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Cares

This is a serviceable product. I have a strong suspicion all the enthusiasm about it is being generated by Mary Kay consultants. I don't know, maybe my complexion is in pretty decent shape to begin with, but I'm hardly glowing like the Madonna after using the MK microdermabrasion kit. No better, no worse than anything else out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by soozeq68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This item is "The Bomb!" Great microderm result. I have dry flaky skin and use it twice a week. Keeps the flakies away!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

I have had professional microdermanbrasion and this scrub comes pretty close... When you have had the salon treatment the results like the baby soft skin last alot longer. But the kit i do it 1-2 times a week and i have baby soft skin all the time. It has improved my pores and my skin is looking alot nicer in general. The serum is nothing special, more like a nice light moisturiser. The price australian dollar wise is resonable.. i got it off ebay for $36. Did not irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by robynethridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do like this product, but it is expensive. I got a sample and really liked it, and I was able to get the product on ebay for half the normal price! It does a very good job of exfoliating my skin and the replenishing serum feels really nice.

Several yrs ago I went to an dermatologist who did a power peel on my face several times and I think this is very comparable to that.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by roula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product but I really don't think it's worth the $50 price tag. It's no better than drugstore brand scrubs that I have used in the past. I was very disappointed and will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by corinnemoscrop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really REALLY pleased with this product. Bought after reading reviews on this site (I wont buy anything without checking here first these days!) and I'm really happy with the results so far. Really smoothed my skin from the very first use and can already definitely see the acumulative benefits from using it. I Had recently started developing little bumps under the surface of the skin ( like tiny closed spots below the surface) and this is reducing them noticably within only a few uses. Importantly, I haven't broken out from using this product, in fact my skin seems to be better in this respect since using this. I usually have quite good skin, but it definitely has off days and a tendency towards oiliness and developing little blemishes that mainly appear as bumps under the skin ( occasionally they develop into more noticable "spots" at the surface - BOOO!!) These "oily/blemish" problems have definitely been less noticable in the time I've been using this - Real results with just a few uses - and I hope this continues to improve over time. All in all, the clarifying effect of this product, combined with the wonderful smoothness and "glowiness" you get from this product makes it pretty hard to beat in my opinion - and I've tried all sorts of (mostly pretty useless procucts in my time!! I'll DEFINITELY be repurchasing when the time comes, though thankfully (considering the price tag!) this one should last me a good while yet!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybe I'm missing something with the microdermabrasion craze that many products lines have gotten into. I've never had a professional microdermabrasion. This is the first microdermabrasion product I tried. This product did leave my skin smooth. But it also left it very RED and after a day lots of breakouts occurred. From reading the directions, I think it's supposed to do this. If that is the case, I don't want to knowingly irritate my skin. Especially since the smoothness only lasts a day or too. In my opinion this is an unnecessary product with a lot of hype attached.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 7:09:00 AM More reviews by fragrancefreak

Luv it, luv it, luv it.

But I won't be buying it anytime soon because I use it once a week if I remember and it will last for ages. Good product though. Nice instant results. Not sure about the long term results though. Do not use it regularly to judge that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome stuff! I love how smooth it makes your skin! I highly recommend everyone try this, unless you have super sensitive skin, it may be a little too harsh for them, but then again most things are for them. I use it like once a week!