September 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Solar Powder SPF 20 Bronzer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by cleo4lyfe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice light bronzer. Nothing too glittery or orangey or muddy brown. It is expensive for a drugstore brand and the packaging is bulky but asides from that, no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 5:51:00 PM More reviews by amy26

finally a bronzer that looks natural on me! i have tried many, and been eventually disappointed cause they just didn't look right--too orange, too gold, too blah, whatever.....
i like this one--and am finally satisfied. good kiss of color-i bought the light bronze and wear a peach blush with it and it's very pretty. yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Marilynjean

This is my first time using bronzer. I decided to purchase this one because of its great reviews here on MUA. I'm fair and the light bronzer works great for me. I have to apply it very lightly, so I'll probably have this bronzer forever. I really like the packaging, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an excellent matte bronzer. The shimmer is subtle and there's so little of it that it's not even noticeable. Light Bronzer is a great color for paler skintones such as myself. It looks like a very natural light golden, peachy tan on my NC25 skin but will be too light for darker skintones. The finish is very silky and melts into the skin, not at all powdery or chalky. All in all an excellent bronzer. The packaging is a bit clunky and annoying (the same double-compartment compact and half-moon brush as the Mineral Wear Pressed Powder) but that's Physician's Formula for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 3:56:00 PM More reviews by opheliana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

AMAZING :) i love this bronzer! the SPF is a good bonus too. my face is lighter than my neck (Weird, i guess from exfoliating too much? :( i'm only doing it 1x a week now) so i use the Jergen's facial tanner and this bronzer, and a bit of blush, and i'm ready to go! it looks very natural on my Asian skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

Finally, a bronzer I LIKE. I've tried bronzers all the time. They just don't look right on me because I'm so pale. However, this is the most subtley beautiful bronzer ever. A lot of why I like this is because it buffs on very smoothly, and doesn't look like powder at all. It's a subtle, peachy-bronze glow with a very tiny amount of shimmer. This does NOT clog my pores or make me look dirty, and this comes from someone who has this problem with almost every bronzer. Beautiful color and texture. I use a regular blush brush instead of the one that comes with it. This is a cute bronzer as well, it has a pretty design and high-quality packaging. Runs about $11 at Target. This is truly a great product for pale people who don't want to look fake -- this is the antithesis of the orangeosity of most bronzers, drugstore or otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by bluejoansie

I bought this product because of the good reviews here, and because I've been using a Laura Mercier bronzer for a year, and it does nothing for me. I'm 46, irish skin, and I am a sunscreen freak. However, I want the appearance of a healthy glow. I purchase the light bronzer, and fell in love with it as soon as I applied it. It has a peachy affect, very natural looking. And the spf of 20 is a nice bonus. Perhaps this summer I will buy the darker bronze color of this same product. But until then, I am satisfied with this, and would definitely repurchase. I forgot how good, and much cheaper, physicians formula products are.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 2:59:00 AM More reviews by cqueue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this powder as a foundation and bronzer. It provides enough natural coverage, the texture is light and it works wonders hiding skin imperfections and unevenness. I love the fact that it has SPF. I hate putting cream or lotion sunscreen on my face because it's too thick and this powder is just perfect for solving that problem. I have my sister hooked on this as well and it has helped her complextion greatly since she has a serious acne problem on her cheeks. My metrosexual boyfriend has even tried dusting his face with this bronzer to give him a tanned glow and he loves it too because it looks like you're wearing nothing! I like how you can vary the intensity with the three different shades on the palette. The only thing is, I've had two of my Solar Powder cases break. The plastic breaks very easily, so girls, don't drop the case!! The brush is ok, but sometimes I use a fuller brush for more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2006 2:10:00 PM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had never successfully used bronzer before trying this product. I'm a PPP, and (thanks to sunscreen) dead white with a little rosacea action. (Lovely, huh?) I am also mostly thumbs when it comes to color cosmetics. Bronzers and self-tanners always make me look sunburned or like I have recently exerted myself.
I found this Solar Powder Bronzer to be, I dare say, idiot-proof. It's so sheer and such a good shade of tan--no yellow, no copper, no orange, and if there's any shimmer there certainly isn't much--that it's difficult to mess up.
I apply it in the shape of a 3/reverse 3 on the sides of my face, then maybe flip a little bit onto the bridge of my nose and the tip of my chin if I am feeling frisky. I have had success building the color up in sheer layers for more effect, but one dusting seems to be plenty for every day.
WRT the brush, I never even bothered trying the one that comes with it (letting it just live in the handy bottom compartment as does a previous reviewer). I have tried both a kabuki and a longer-bristled, less-dense powder brush, and I find that I like the slightly longer bristles and lower density of the powder brush. It just seems to work better for me to lay the color on rather than pounding it in, if that makes any sense. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by dolphin1

I've gone thru many powder bronzers and they either look too red, too yellow or too orangy. This one is wonderful so far. I just bought it today. I had another product in my hand (which I'm sure I wouldn't have liked) and ran into the Physicians formula isle and saw this one. It looked interesting.
I hadn't even read the reviews on it. So, I bought it and put it on as soon as I got home. It was 40% off at Walgreens. But I'd pay a higher price for something that I like and works.
I don't like the brush that comes with it - I like the big puffy ones. But maybe for touch ups it would be ok. I won't throw the brush out since it fits at the bottom of the container anyway - out of the way.
So thumbs up on this product! I will buy again.