October 22, 2014 | 1431 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Ce Soir Ou Jamais

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2004 4:24:00 AM More reviews by dinazad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like with most Annick Goutal scents I only have a nodding acquaintance with this. It comes out of its bottle, nods friendly-like and disappears immediately and completely. Seems to smell of flowers, especially roses.... However, when I'm feeling down and in need of comforting or a little lifting of spirits, I use the Body Cream before going to bed - it's like falling asleep snuggled into a sumptuous bouquet of flowers. Lovely!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 8:02:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Blah boring basic rose scent. It smells very much like Chanel N.5 with out the powdery notes. This scent is mature and pretty much "grandmam perfume" like. Very unsexy and not unique. There are much better rose scents out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2004 2:17:00 AM More reviews by migrithea

The very first time I tried this perfume I sprayed some on my wrist and thought it was ok. I went about my day and I guess some was on the cuff of my sweater and after getting my wrists wet from washing my hands a bunch of times, the scent was watered down, and it was so sparkling, so gloriously addictive. I bought a bottle and have never been able to get that smell back. Now it smells like stale roses bordering on cat urine. I don't know if it's just that this particular bottle is just super potent or if my chemistry has changed. Anyway, big disappointment as the fragrance i smelled that first time was the best thing I've ever smelled.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by allanahstarrts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ewwwww! I can't really detect what 's in there.
Don 't like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2004 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Maximina

This is a nice rose fragrance. I was surprised though that for a perfume that packs a whallop of scent at the beginning (very very very rosey which seems to escalate for about 10 minutes) all of a sudden it goes poof and disappears leaving a soft feminity remaining (which I personally prefer). A rich luxurious yet ultimately soft fragrance for rose lovers.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2004 11:38:00 AM More reviews by silverpony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of rose based fragrances and must say that this is the most sophisticated one among those I have tried. Compared to Serge Lutens' Sa Majeste la Rose, this one is more sophisticated and complex, but lacks the freshness and sparkle of the latter. It is softer though and the powerful rose note gives way to a warmer, almost grape like note in my chemistry. The only downside of it that the scent disappears after two hours in my case. I bought the eau de toilette this time but on future occasions will make sure to buy the eau de parfum.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2004 9:57:00 AM More reviews by bunnyphreak

LOVE! this smell is so intoxicating. everytime I wear people ask what it is, where they can get it. I try to save it for cooler evenings cause in the summer it can be a bit much and at work a bit to "come hither" but if I ever run out of this huge bottle I WILL repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2004 6:29:00 AM More reviews by MadAboutTheBois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a bottle of Ce Soir at the Goutal boutique in Paris about four years ago. I keep it out of the sunlight, of course, but it sits on an antique chest in one of my rooms and is subjected to temperature changes in my apartment. The point of this story is that after four years it still smells exactly as it did on the day I first opened it.

Remarkable.

Oh, and my husband just adores this scent. I wear it to diffuse the news of a day of heavy duty spending. If Lucy had had some of this she would never have had to "splain" anything!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2004 12:37:00 PM More reviews by perrier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one's a keeper. I love rose scents, and this is beautiful. It starts off as a very lush rose, but has a hint of spiciness to it - similar to cinnamon. It keeps this edge as it dries down to a more powdery fresh scent. Sexy and sophisticated.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2004 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Bett1e

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a sample bottle of this perfume off Ebay for about $8.00 and it spells glorius but like another reviewer stated; it smells too glorius to wear. I remember I wore it to work once and a male co-worker stated it smelled good which was really flattering but it really is not a subtle scent; it is clear you want attention if you are wearing it.

Edited to add: The scent starts off very strong but fades quickly (I knew there was some reason I stopped wearing it)