Dior DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

3.3

on 3/6/2011 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

SO disappointed. I had high hopes for this mascara. It doesn't cause raccoon eyes, but it does weigh my lashes down. After curling my lashes with my shu curler, they straighten back out with this thick formula.

The brush is very thick and large, very easy to be clumsy with.

It has a bad smell too

on 2/16/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm a Lancome mascara person and have been for nearly 20 years. But a friend convinced me to try this one and yet I bought a waterproof one by accident. What I disliked the most about this mascara is the brush which is too big and clumsy and I have to try really hard to avoid transfering the color to my eye lids. It's really very easy to mess up, just like another reviewer said before me. Other than that, it's not really bad, it doesn't create clumps, gives an okay lenght and volume, even curls the lashes a bit. But it doesn't do anything dramatical. However, buying a waterproof one surprisingly turned out to be a good thing beacause it doesn't wear off like a non waterproof one would. And it's not at all hard to remove if you use 2-phase makeup removers (I use Lancome Bi-Facil). I still think I'll go back to my regular Lancome mascaras though. Or maybe if I could work a Lancome wand with this mascara haha!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was so very disappointed in this product. First, the appplication wand is longand ackward. The brush is too large for getting at the corners of my deep set eyes. It went on nice and looked great initially but this mascara is smudge city! I tried changing foundations, moisturizers, eye shadow primers and still it smudged under my eyes in less than 3 hours. Definitely not worth the $24 price tag.

on 1/23/2011 2:07:00 PM

Honestly I am not a huge fan of this mascara. For the price you could definitely get better in my opinion. I find it a pain to get off after a night out. I also think it becomes very dry and I really do favour the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express over this product or perhaps the Lancome Virtuose. I do have already naturally black lashes, i'd never had a waterproof mascara before and this definitely is waterproof but to me it sometimes can clump and just seems a little... flakey? If thats the right word to use. It isn't the worse mascara but I will say that i won't be spending out the money to buy this product again, Infact my main reason for kind of liking it is the sleek packaging and the extremely long wand.

on 12/31/2010 9:48:00 AM

I LOVE love LOVE love this mascara!! One coat of this stuff blows everything else I've tried out of the water. I get zero clumps, even on the second coat. I don't even need to curl my lashes after using it. I did have issues with getting it off the first few days I tried it. I would still get a lot coming off in the shower the next morning, but I found some Maybelline Expert Eyes (Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover) in the version for Waterproof Eye Makeup... its cheap and works wonders!

on 12/30/2010 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Huge and I mean huge wand!
Very easy to mess up.
1 coat gave good length.
2nd coat gave WOW length.
Volume is great.
Clump free!
Lifts lashes very high.
Separates
Multiplies
Volume is not dramatically dark
My lashes looked fake!
Hard to remove. Very hard.
Almost perfect mascara. I would love to try this in the non waterproof version.
Not in my budget unfortunately. Need a cheaper option!

on 12/30/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

HG mascara. I'm on my billionth tube of this, so barring the loss of both of my eyes, I imagine I'll be repurchasing ;) I buy this in brown for everyday, (I'm currently very light blonde, and it just looks more natural) and black for stronger looks. I adore the giant brush, it really does get every last lash. It doesn't flake until it's getting old, so when it flakes I know it's time to re-up. I'm a devotée of waterproof mascara, because you just never know when you're going to get something in your eye and end up with raccoon face. Yes, WP is harder to get off, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. I use Shu Uemura cleansing oil to wash my face, and it dissolves all of my makeup like a dream, mascara included. Ladies who don't use an oil-based cleanser will probably need a good remover. I like L'Oréal Clean Artiste.

on 12/28/2010 11:39:00 PM

I love this mascara! It's waterproof and doesn't shed at all, but it comes off easily with soap/makeup remover. I already have black lashes, but the black shade really nicely thickens and lengthens my lashes without looking unnatural. This mascara really does look naturally beautiful, I absolutely love it. It also has a nice rose scent. I can't imagine ever using a different mascara (and trust me, I've tried a lot- from Makeup Forever to Covergirl)

on 12/12/2010 12:13:00 PM

I just purchased this product at Sephora, i love it. I am into full lashes, and have tried tons of mascara, my favorite before this was plush lash by mac, which i still love, but this one gives and even more lush full lash effect. It is also not hard to take off, some mascaras you have to rub your eye forever even with makeup remover, but this one is just perfect all around. It is the most expensive mascara i have purchased at 24.00, but it is well worth it to me!

on 10/28/2010 1:19:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought it in hurry at a duty free without knowing about this . Base on the good and bad reviews here I was so curious, I had to check it out right away. Unfortunately, the result I got was on the bad side.
_ Package: It comes in a chic package, the brush is quite big yet soft, I like that the liquid doesnt stick over on the brush, just the right amount. It contains 11,5ml which is much more than usual mascaras just 6,5 to 8ml. Enlarge ur choice with 3 shades: black, brown, blue. Wow, sounds like an interesting product... but....
_ Quality: I do not know why they name it "Diorshow backstage", What do u think bout those words? Luxury, super models, impression right? But the reality is opposite, It doesnt show anything except the longer (bout 30%), Curling? Yeap, it does curl my lashes a bit n hold them for long although I didnt use curler ( I think we can do more with a curler). Volume ? Not at all, Im wondering why people complained its clumsy while it doesnt add any volume, I can say it separates and makes ur eyelashes look natural, if u wear it just 1 coat, nobody knows ur wearing mascara. Anyway, I always use an eyelashes brush after applying mascara although its clumsy or not to ensure a smooth finish.Thats it! For who be blessed with beautiful eyelashes, u can use it for an innocent, natural look. But for anyone have thin, medium-short lashes like me, or who want a drama look, this mascara is rubbish.
_ You guys would say this mascara helps prolong and curling lashes, its not too bad. Yeap until u see the racoon eyes, I wore it few times and had noticed it smudged on my lower eyelids just in half hour if my eyelids were moist or I use concealer without setting powder. If my eyelids/under eye areas were completely dry, it wouldnt smudge until 3 hrs. But Dior, u claimed its waterproof, 3 hrs in the best condition is not a good deal man !!! I cant imagine what would I look like with it while Im soaking in the rain. Personally, I dont think a mascara is worth buying if it smudges easily whatever the best effect it would give. People will focus on the ridiculous black rings under your eyes, not on ur beautiful eyes.
_ About the removal, it's normal as many waterproof mascara, I didnt feel it was harder.
_ I ve wore drugstore mascaras like L'oreal Double Extension in beauty tubes or Maybelline Volume Express hypercurl waterproof, the beauty effects were much better, a lot cheaper and they didnt smudge all day, especially the Double extension. If u want a high end, try Kose Volume Gradation mascara (3 shades too), does not smudge any fleck n waterproof til 15 hrs in summer heat. Thats my HG mascara forever! Whaterver u buy, please do not waste ur money with this mascara, out there a lot mascaras for ur choice. I cant believe I spent 30 dollars for it :(
P/S: I bought this with the compact foundation Dior x4 Control, the powder sucks just like this mascara, it didnt do what it claimed. I have to be skeptical with Dior stuffs from now on.