October 22, 2014 | 1583 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by roguttmann

in the past i tried the purple version and the smell bothered my nose all day long + made my eyes shed tears.
i bought the black one because it was on a very good price and i wanted to see what everybody talks about.
it still smelly, but not like the purple one. the formula is to thick in my opinion. it doesn't do anything special that a "simple" mascara wouldn't do. gives a bit length, a bit thickness and that's it.
after a few hours (in the sun or in an air-conditioned place it's smudges beneath the eyes.
i never managed to use the brush without dyeing my eyelids. never!
if you shower with, it's partially "melts" in a way that you need to "dig" the mascara stuff around your eyeball.

A BIG NO FOR THIS MASCARA!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Carmen274

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have bought this one before, but stoped using it after I believe this one dries out to fast, and the brush is to big for my lashes/eyes. The mascara is muddy and hard to lay without looking sticky (spider-eyes). I did for some stupid reason buy this one again for $30, and it's not worth it.
I use a eyelash comb, to comb my lashes after applying this one.
The thing i like is the color. It gives an intense black color that not all mascaras dowill not buy again!

The packaging looks fine though, but obviously not good enough since the mascara dries out to fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by uniqsol11

This mascara actually does add that "LUSH" factor to my lashes! I start out with straight, undefined lashes and end up with movie star red carpet looking lashes.

I will say, it does nothing for the straight factor. However, it does add a great amount of volume without looking as though I have gobs of mascara coating my lashes. It's a great thicker look!
BTW, the scent is wonderful. I read that elsewhere & thought "huh?", but it's true. Maybe a bit like a sweet lip balm...but in a mascara!

I purchased from Nordstrom's on-line site & paid about $30. It was packaged in a simple box, with instructions included. (Don't worry, it isn't a "process", just a recommended method for use.) Initially my brush was a little flat, but after one "official" use, it fanned out slightly & became more user friendly.

If this added curl to the volume, it would be my absolute top pick (thus the "4" rating instead of "5"). For now, it is my second in command.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This will set you back about $41 in Canada. I don't REGRET buying this, but I will definitely not buy it again and I'm kind of relieved it didn't work for me due to the price tag. I purchased this in Noir Radicale which is VERY dramatic if you want it to be. The issue is that you look like a raccoon by the end of the day, even if you weren't sweating or eyes watering. This is actually the worst mascara I have ever used with respect to smudging. Happens for me about 4 - 5 hours in. That being said, I LOVE the way this makes my lashes look until it fails ....pity about the formula. Others have said they had a hard time removing this...I didn't have any trouble at all. A few splashes of warm water gets it off the lashes (but leaves it under the eyes), then I use my Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser to take it off completely. For reference, my lashes are long and sparse, somewhat of a natural curl but I use a curler every day.

The search for the perfect mascara continues :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't get the hype. Looks pretty at first, but then the curl droops and my lashes look shorter than they really are. For $30, it should hold the curl at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

Probably the best mascara I have ever used. It gives fuller looking lashes and lasts all day. Unlike other mascaras (expensive and cheap), this doesn't transfer under my eye bags after a full day of wearing (not even with a little humidity). Like most, the price is the one thing that prevents me from purchasing this all the time. I'm more likely to a buy a few in a year as opposed to everytime I need a new one, which is every couple of weeks or so. Also, it takes a long time to remove the product off and I often wake up in the morning with more to wash off, that's a amall price to pay for fuller looking lashes. I just wish the actual price itself wasn't $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by KrissyGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used so many mascaras and I dont know why i bother trying any other brand. I have used Dior show(every single version of it), Chanel,lancome and even drug store brands like rimmel(almost as good as diorshow FYI) but nothing compare to YSL. Its so expensive so im always trying to find something comparable for under $30 bucks but i don't know why i bother. This is simply the best. I recently got 3 of them at Nordstrom for their mascara event, buy 2 get one free. It really makes my eyes pop, and makes my lashes look more voluminous. I have long thick eye lashes to begin with so this really makes them stand out. I recommend this to everyone. I cant believe that some people don't like it, ive never heard of anyone not liking it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the duo pack (it had the mascara + the Instant Eye Make-Up Remover).
I hate this mascara- it doesn't give me volume nor length. It does give me beautiful panda eyes and the occasional flakiness, though.
The formula is very dry and my lashes look terrible after using it.
I tried to use it for 3 weeks... pure torture.
I'm gutted because it was expensive and the packaging is adorable.

P.S. The make-up remover is way too oily for my liking.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited when I got this for my birthday a few years ago. i couldnt weight to have beautiful full lashes. Yes it gave me those full lashes I wanted, but buy the end of the day half of the mascara was underneath my eyes and 3 weeks later the brush dried and and all the brittles were stuck together. 3 weeks...19 wasnt worth it at all. I was gutted.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Sammyds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Hmm.. compared to the rest of these reviews, I think the mascara I got was faulty!
I did not like this.
I have straight, long, fine eyelashes and curl my lashes religiously. I get very annoyed when I apply mascara after curling my lashes, and it straightens the dang things out! Not cool YSL.

The mascara was thick, clumped on the brush and on the lashes, uncurled my lashes making them look all droopy and sad- and to add insult to injury, the bloody thing left me with panda-eye-residue! *sigh*

And for me to fork out for this high end piece of work.. sheeesh. Not happy. Though the tube is gorgeous and the mascara smells really good- Like conditioner or something.

That is all...