November 26, 2014 | 1764 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Vassgirl1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before anyone reads this, just a disclaimer that I am not yet done with this review!! :)

I purchased AOBS around 3 weeks ago and let me tell you I am almost finished with the pot (I think I got the small pot?) because this cleanser literally gets so messy, I find myself using more than I probably should. I'll take a little puddle of water in my hand and then take some AOBS and put it in there so it makes the water milky and then I will gently apply it to my face and cleanse away, but I find that half of it falls off my face and into the sink leaving a big mess behind.The texture is kinda like a thick solid pudding (that makes sense? haha) with bits of lavender and ground almonds (I think) that subtly exfoliate your face which I do really like. It comes off easily which is a big plus. After I've dried my face, my face feels baby smooth literally! It's so nice. I follow up with a natural anti-acne toner, a moisturizer, a sunscreen if in morning or differin/avene triacneal if at night.

As for effects on my skin, I cant really tell you that I have noticed much different in terms of evening out skintone, which it claims. My scars and redness are still lingering. I was unfortunately blessed with a very uneven skintone/acne (which is mild) and blemishes. I can tell you that Im breaking out very very badly around my jawline/hairline/sides of nose and cheeks in those stupid annoying flesh colour bumps yet I don't know if I should put it down to this because girls its that time of the month if you get me/I've swapped moisturizers and I'm very stressed due to school. There's so many factors that I could be breaking out, but normally I don't have bad skin around this time so I'm just putting into consideration that this may not be strong enough to keep my skin consistent and more or less clear. Some of the bumps have come to those nasty red spots that hurt too. I'm willing to keep trying with this as I would like to swap out the nasty chemicals in anti-acne medicinal cleansers etc. so I will finish the tub and then update the review to say whether my skin went back to normal after this week :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Nai92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Angels On Bare Skin is one of the best Vegan face cleansers I've use yet. It's gentle exfoliant texture makes my skin smooth and due to the almond base when you add a little water to the small amount on your palm and mix it around to make a paste it moisturises really well. The lavender buds and scent is so delightful. Other vegan cleansers have left my face dry feeling and I got little under the skin surface bumps, not pimples. I use this with the Imperialis Moisturiser from Lush too. I have seriously fallen in love with all my Lush products!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this online for NZ$18.90 and I am impressed. It looks like a small tub (and it is haha) but considering the amount of product you use each time it is worth it. I use this as my daily cleanser and so far it has been great. I use it after taking off my makeup with MAC cleanse off oil - but because my face has been breaking out ridiculously lately I'm going to swap out all of my products when I have used them up. That is why I bought AOBS, because I wanted something natural to try and help. Love the smell, and the texture which is creamy but soft-grainy, so it lightly exfoliates as well. I love it how you can feel the oils left on your skin afterwards as well. It just leaves your skin so soft and really clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on to my second little tub of this cleanser. I love that it feels so natural and medieval to use! A gentle scrub with an almond meal base, this lavender-scented clay cleanser makes my skin so soft and perfectly prepared for moisturising and makeup. I'll swear it is also helping to control the cystic acne I get on my jaw, which is so helpful! My skin, aside from the hormonal acne issues on my jaw, is actually very dry and this lovely stuff helps to sort that out, too. An all round great cleanser and such a treat to use. Oh, I must add that while it isn't cheap...around $18.50NZ, it lasts for ages! It's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by violingrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my 4th or 5th tub of this now and i LOVE it. It's technically a scrub, but it's super gentle. I use this every couple of days (I use Purity Made Simple the rest of the time) and it keeps my skin smooth, soft, and hydrated. I also use this to scrub my legs before I shave, and it keeps razor burn at bay. This is a really excellent product, well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by marthamagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best cleanser ever for my skin.
When I turned 20 I suddenly started getting spots and I used all the harsh face washes out there to find that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide didn't work on my skin, they just make it sore because it's so sensitive.

I turned to Lush about a year ago and decided that Angels was the right cleanser for me. When I first bought it I was immediately put off by the smell as it's rather strong, but I got used to it and oh my god, the difference to my skin was incredible, I stopped getting new spots and the redness calmed down as did the oiliness on my t-zone. I eventually ran out of money as a poor student and had to stop buying it.
A year later my skin was a total mess again after going on a different pill which totally ruined my face and then changing to a nicer one. However I still had really bad spots so I decided to try the ultrabland challenge which stopped my spots from hurting but I was still having massive breakouts every other day, so I decided to try Angels again and 2 days into using it again my skin is clearing up, my spots aren't painful and I don't have any new spots either.
I now use ultrabland to remove my makeup at night and angels in the morning and my skin is getting better and better.
This is such a good product for acne prone combination skin as it moisturises whilst balancing and I could not recommend it more!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by 7hills

I love hand-made, natural cosmetics, I love the idea behind them and I love the fact that most of them work great on my skin. I was looking for a gentle daily cleanser which would not irritate my eczema-prone skin and after reading a lot of great reviews I decided to buy Angels on Bare Skin.

I use it in the shower, because it can get quite messy - it contains grounded almonds and lavender flowers. The consistency reminds me a bit of a play-dough, probably because of the clay. I love the smell, I love that it gently exfoliates without being harsh. You don't need much to wash your whole face, just a pea size or so.

After using it my skin feels really clean, at the same time it's soft and moisturized, the cleanser leaves a subtle film on the skin, but nothing greasy. Lush say "Angels on Bare Skin evens out skin tone, reduces redness and improves the health and appearance of your skin – giving a natural healthy glow." - it definitely reduces redness and makes my skin look very nice.

The product is supposed to be used within 3 months since the production date and I noticed that this is exactly how much it takes me to use up the 100g pot.

I also have a review of AoBS here: http://7hillsofbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/05/lush-angels-on-bare-skin.html

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by gracerivera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Usually, I'm one of those people that products never work for me. However, I can honestly say this case was different! I've been using this face wash for a few months and I can totally say it has changed my complexion. I usually have very oily and acne-prone skin, but this makes my face feel soft and has left me acne free! I will definetely keep purchasing this. Thanks LUSH!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this in the morning, when I'm groggy and don't want anything harsh or zingy. The lavender scent of this eases me back into the real world, instead of the violent shock you get from some morning facial cleansers. I took off a lippy because I found that this wasn't effective as a makeup remover. Gives a very gentle exfoliation, cleanses, and leaves skin soft and feeling fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use LUSH products religiously, but now i just find them overrated, expensive and i really dislike the flimsy packaging - when i bought this product it used to come in a small clear plastic case. now i believe they just wrap it up in paper.
I found this product to do absolutely nothing for my skin. my skin is not overcome with acne, but i do get the odd spot here and there. i disliked the consistency, it is very odd and hard to explain. it is soft, but feels bitty also. the smell is not particularly pleasant, and it is difficult to wash off as i found it clings to the skin.
the only good thing i can say is that LUSH do try and use mostly natural products and stay true to that, which is why i still shop there occasionally (normally to buy LUSH colour supplement which is fab!)
however..sorry LUSH, this is yet another product i am disappointed in.