Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm still iffy on this product. I bought it when Ulta was having a sale, a liter for $13. It was a really great deal so I bought both the shampoo and conditioner. The price I bought it at was good, however I don't know how comfortable I'd be forking out the money at regular price.
I have damaged, color treated hair. My length is about 5 or more inches below my shoulder. I get full highlights with so much foil the shampoo ladies always comment on the amount. This product has always been rated good in Allure magazine so it seemed good.
It has been one month on this shampoo/conditioner. I do notice that when my hair is still wet, it has that "just been highlighted blonde" color to it, that typically shows up less after my salon visit. So I can tell it is locking in my color. It says it has UVA/UVB filters, which I'm assuming is like other products where it's like a sunscreen for your hair. If thats true, it's even better.
When it comes to the conditioner, I leave it in my hair for atleast 3 minutes. I'd read from other reviews that helps, and it also gives my dry hair a chance to soak up the nutrients.
I love the smell of the shampoo. It's kind of baby product smelling, but I love it.
All in all, it's good, I'm just not oh my gosh crazy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I recently went to my local salon in hopes of purchasing a shampoo for colour-treated hair, and I was pleased to find this. I just wanted to see the performance of this by itself when I first purchased it, so I shampooed my hair with this only, no conditioner, no styling products, etc. and oh my. My hair was so shiny! It was so soft, too. My mom commented on how good my hair smelled too. The price is very expensive where I live, but it's definitely worth it. My colour lasts weeks longer, which is actually a money-saver considering the price of this product vs. the price of the hairdye I purchase (which is semi-permanent). Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really surprised by all the low ratings!! I LOVE this shampoo and used to recommend it to customers all the time when I worked at a beauty store. I would tell people to wash their hair as little as they could stand...for me it's every other day, but ANY shampoo/conditioner (color-safe or not) will fade your color. It's actually the process of washing your hair that fades your color, not your shampoo/conditioner. That being said, when used every other day, this shampoo maintained my glaze color VERY well. When I got my hair done, it was crow BLACK. Now, after several months, it has faded to a chocolate brown. It's so much more natural looking than the black that I sort of look forward to my color fading. I use this with the deep conditioning treatment once a week in the same line by Redken (forget what its called at the moment..). The SMELL is intoxicating, I get a lot of compliments on it (people think its a fragrance). It lathers incredibly well and makes your hair feel super clean. I don't know why people would dislike this shampoo, but that's just me... :)

I think this is one of Redken's best shampoos. The smell is really nice. Cranberry, I think. It's a creamy shampoo, but it's not too heavy. It lathers up fairly well, not as rich as I'd like, but that might be because it's meant for colored hair. A lot of lather often equals washed out color. It rinses out easily. The packaging is convenient and it's easy to get every last drop out. I don't think this shampoo cleans my hair very well with regular use though. My hair tends to be greasy by the end of the day so I need a good cleansing shampoo and this one is too gentle for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I bought this on sale in a package with the conditioner at my salon for $5 which is supercheap considering it's $30 regularly. I was not impressed with it. It doesn't seem to hold my color in any longer than other shampoos.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was very happy with this shampoo it smells nice and made my hair very soft without even using the conditioner. I would def buy this again

So I've used this products for years only to find out that it actually does not work compared to the other products out there i.e Moroccan Oil shampoo. After a couple of washes with Redken, my hair would be left dry very dry. The colour fades away real quick in the month. Since i didnt know of anything as good as this product I just assumed it was the only one of its kind....boy was I wrong..... please do not use this product. Infact, it is being discontinued.

I got this and this I cannot tell a big difference between pantene and this. I used this just to get rid of it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far so good. I don't know if it really extends the color of your dye. Not so sure any shampoo can do that. I've only used it 3 times and it's in rotation with other products.
When I have used it, it's been moisturizing (for a shampoo). I always use a conditioner afterwards (like I do with all sulfate shampoos). It thoroughly cleans my hair.
I will use it a few more times and if my opinion of it changes, I will update.

Not sure why everytime I use this shampoo and conditioner everyone will ask if I colored my hair recently. Even though I colored my hair 6 months ago!

I colored my hair 6 months ago and nobody commented as if I didn't do anything to the hair. When I use this shampoo and conditioner, people keep coming up to me and ask me if I color my hair. Great product. Really extend and bring out the color of the hair. LOVE IT.