July 28, 2014 | 1672 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jess1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in a few colors, my favorite is bewitching bordeaux. It is a very dark plum color. The polish applies nicely and dries with a nice creamy finish. The only downside to Revlon nail enamel is they seem to have very limited colors, mostly reds and pinks, but there are a few really nice ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Jessibean

I absolutely adore Revlon polishes. I have about ten OPI colours and not one of them wears as long as my revlon polishes. I have 4 or 5 revlon colours and they are all completely opaque in two coats, wear for a very long time, dry quickly, and have a really nice selection of colours. I prefer them to both OPI and Essie, and are about half the price! love.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Alexicute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

( colour 900: Pink Nude )Yawn. Boring colour. Took three coats to get something that hid the stains on my nails. I had to put a sheer glitery glaze over the top to inject some life into it. If you want a french mani then this would be ok but for a nice muted nude pink it's just too sheer.

And a drippy formula. Hard to control. Nice size brush though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by girlydancer462

these are ok, the colors are nice, but i always get bubbles!! it makes me really mad, but maybe i just have to wait for the 1st coat to dry completely (like 5 hours! why does it take so long?) before i do the 2nd coat. i have gold get'em and passion punch shimmer, both are very nice, but got horrible bubbles, which make it look really bad. i'm not sure if its me or the polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by italianbella54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

omg ok so i never really was into polish untill my big brotha met his fiance of almost 2 nd a half years ...me and her became rather very close and she always does my nails ...i never had anyone do that for me ...and i use to always get my nails done with revlon ...... she has such a collection she has a fullsized dresser full of polishes its pretty much nuttssss ritee ...but ever since than ima a nail feen nething that has to do with nails i loveee ...and i especially love to buy polishes my fave of all time will always be revlon they last so long and the colorsz are very pigmented and the colors range from everday to veryy strange hahaha lol i love them all they have some beautiful fall colors that is my second fave time to go buy revlon polishesss i reccomend this to anybody that likes doing nails ...i can say one thing it takes so darnnn long to dry tho ...and if u put a clear coat on befor its dried it bubbles and loooks retardooo lolszzz ....but it is kinda pricey for polish 4 to 6 bucksss ....but ol well like ive said in many other reviews you on ly get what you pay for rite ????......i love how cute the revlon bottle is the top reminds me of a lipstick tube lolsz lolsz lolsz

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 5:40:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS - The color range is really good, and it lasts well without chipping.

CONS - Takes the absolute longest of all my polishes to dry!! I find it takes 3 or 4 hours to harden.
If I also use Revlon's "Quick dry base coat" (aka longest dry base coat) it delays drying so badly that it bubbles and ruins the whole manicure. So I believe the problem is mostly from the Quick dry base coat but it should work with its own brand of polishes! I've never had this issue with any other brand!

Overall, it wears well and has pretty colors but Revlon is often a hassle to dry for me. I have not yet had this problem with these other brands: Avon Speed Dry, Maybelline,60 second, Napoleon, Opi, Orly or Sally Hansen. So if I found color dupes at reasonable prices I'd shift over to other brands that dry quicker than Revlon's

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

COLOR: All colors

COST: around $6.00

DISCRIPTION: fingernail polish that is long-wearing and

PIGMENT: The color is great and it lasts unlike most other reasonably priced polishes. I can easily get several days of wear out of a coat! Most of the colors are red or pink based, which is fine with me, and range from matte to sheer shimmery.

CONTAINER: Cute shaped fingernail polish bottle with a black top. Love it!

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: Yes! I love all of these polishes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sadiewoo

I've been buying these for years and they have alot of great colors. I prefer the frosts.I usually buy them when they are BOGO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of Revlon polishes. For some reason they can't make a decent mascara, but their polishes are excellent and reasonably priced. Plus there is the nostalia factor: my first polishes were Revlons and Cutexes. I do wish they would come out with more blues and greens though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by banana_008

I recently started buying more of these polishes. Before discovering MUA, I hated revlon polishes. I didn't even know I needed a basecoat and topcoat with my polish, and I certainly hadn't discovered my holy grail topcoat (Poshe) which makes polish dry so fast and wear like iron. Now I've started using my Revlons again. Because they are free of the "big 3" chemicals they wear really well with the Poshe topcoat, which is also big 3.

My only complaints about this brand is the lack of colour selection, though their line tends to lean more towards the "classics" rather than trendy seasonal colours, and the regular retail price is high for drugstore polish. They do go on sale often, sometimes 2/$5 and I recently purchased a few at a Revlon warehouse sale for 3/$5. Definately a brand to keep buying but only at sale prices.