April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ranirob

So I have to say this truly is a miracle product! I have had horribly cracked and dry lips due to a summer cold, and this product healed them within ten minutes!!!!!! Swear! It is in no way over-hyped. If this didn't work for you, you must not have existing issues with your lip area. Though I am quite sure that it will make any lips, no matter what the condition, baby smooth and hydrated. Please try this product, as I have tried them ALL. Nothing is as soothing as this. My lips are happy once again! Thank you La Mer!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by KattyKat56

This product, along with the Chanel lip balm, is my HG product. My lips were uber chapped, and this healed them OVERNIGHT which is a plus to the product. Although the price tag is just a tad expensive :-P It seems more economically correct to use this product, then to spend a lot of money on crap products, trying to find a product better than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by thelavenderninja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This lip balm is nice for application right before you go to bed. It really does condition my lips and makes them super soft when I wake up in the morning. It IS La Mer the super famous brand, but I can't justify spending all that money for a lip balm and it does seem like its just mostly made of Vaseline with the La Mer brand name on top. I haven't found a substitute yet, but I'm sure there are several out there that works just as well and costs a lot less.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by mkmonty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased La Mer's Lip Balm during my second cycle on Accutane. My lips were so dry that they were peeling and bleeding. I needed something more than the Aquaphor that I had been relying on and since my HG moisturizer is Creme de la Mer, I figured I couldn't go wrong trying the lip balm. It worked O.K. but nothing out of the ordinary. I liked the minty taste but I found it very hard to rub on my delicate lips. It didn't seem to heal them or even soften them enough to warrant the high price tag. In the end, I finally shelled out the really big bucks on By Terry's Baume de Rose, which healed my lips within days.
2/9/12 UPDATE: I've increased my rating on this product to 4 lippies. I received this balm in a swap a few months ago and I am unsure if it is because I didn't shell out the money for it or if it is because I am no longer on Acctuane, but I really love this lip balm. I became almost sickened by the taste/scent of Baume de Rose so the slightly sweet and minty-ness of La Mer's balm is a welcome respite. I also found that the balm I am using now isn't at all hard but more oily and it feels wonderful on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Conejito

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmm...

General: A decent lip balm but nothing out of the ordinary which you would expect from La Mer or just for the price.

Effectiveness of product: Actually very nice on the lips to begin with. Can make the lips feel a bit sticky/ tacky after an hour or so, so not great on longevity. A bit minty to begin with but a very sweet taste comes through if you catch your tongue on your lip after application - I feel this is a cheapening of the product. If anyone likes this, it must at the very least be partly due to them being hooked on its sugary taste - cheap subliminal marketing ploy by La Mer me thinks! Lack of spf is not something I cared for when I bought it, as I wanted a moisterising product only but since it does not deliver anything better than Burt's Bees Lip Balm on the moisterising front - well I have no choice but to feel that this product is definetly lacking especially for the price!

My lips were no more or less better than before its application - this product is nothing special Burt's Bees lip balm packs a better punch!

Packaging: Nice box on opening the prodcut for the first time - from there onwards it is contained in much the same way as any other lip balm - finger dipping or utilising a separate lip brush are your applicator's of choice.

Overall: Not a bad product but definetly NOT worth the money on so many levels, even Vaseline lip balms offer a level of spf. Come on La Mer surely you should know that spf for the lips should be a given at that price. I for one will not be purchasing this again - my money is better spent on a brand that truly cares about the needs of my skin and not the hype that surrounds and perpetuates its existence.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by orgasmicorganic

SHAME ON LA MER! this product is forty-five dollars minimum, and boasts moisture and the good for you ingredients that their cream has (which, btw, i'm not a believer of either). Look at the first ingredient, and you'll understand why this is bogus. Even my Nivea lip balm at the store works better and has a more stellar recipe. All you're paying for here is the luxury of the mint and glass container, and of course, the brand. big PASS. i'm no fan of mint either.
the price is just ridiculous for barely soft lips---i half expected magic. am sorely disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lumkeikei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because my lips gets really chapped when it is "the time of the month" and because of all the great reviews here.
So I went to get it, it is $400HKD!! It is damn expensive!!

Well first of all, I don't like the taste of this lip balm at all...
however I do like the texture.
But it did not save me lips at all, My lips are still as dry as ever or actually a little worse.

The other thing I really hate about this lip balm is the packaging!!
It is so unhygienic to use my fingers to apply it every time.
It totally reminds me of those algae plates that I used to use to grow bacteria in for biology class.

I will not buy this again, it is way too expensive for what it does... I rather save the money and buy something else from La Mer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by BrazilianGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't want to rate this a 1 (there could always be something worse out there) but I was so disappointed in this treatment. It actually makes my lips more dry! Wasn't sure if I was having an allergic reaction to it or what, but I certainly won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Binaca

I tried this because my friend had it. It's an okay lip balm, but I would never shell out $40+ for a lip product that's made of mostly Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by christineekim

This product saved my lips! my lips were getting to be a darker color and after i used this product every night for a few weeks my lips lightened up. now they are nice and pink. =)