October 21, 2014 | 1799 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by racheff21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I honestly don't understand how this particular lip balm wins beauty awards year after year. It's a mint infused torture balm. My lips are on fire and almost numb, simultaneously. If one has dry lips, how is putting an irritant on them going to help? Maybe it's me..but I sort of don't think so. So, in conclusion, I hate this stuff. Would never repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by biancacris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I was about to write this off as a bad purchase because the first few times I used it, I did not notice any changes. My lips are incredibly dry and flaky on a daily basis and I have tried so many lip balms but none of them have ever worked on me. After a few uses of this balm, I logged on to makeup alley to read up on the reviews and someone recommended to really follow La Mer's recommendation of using your fingers to apply it. I had previously been using a product spoon to scoop out the product so the next few times I applied the balm I warmed it up between my fingers first. Lo and behold, I started noticing that my lips were no longer flaky! It's been a week and my lips are significantly smoother and flake-free! Though I wouldn't say my lips are now super smooth, they are still so much softer and more moisturized. The product is definitely pricey but I would highly recommend it if you are really struggling with dry lips. I will definitely repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by lalala29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells and feels wonderful. Expensive though for what you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by zuzu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my second pot of this, it is expensive but a pot lasts me over 6 months. I do not buy any other lipbalms anymore, i used to be a lip balm addict and this is now my HG>
i love this! i had tried my friend's one not knowing anything about la mer and i LOVE IT! it is expensive, but as i said, lasts for ages. just wish it came in a tube so i dont have to dip fingers in a pot, but wow, my lips are soft and i swear plumper!!! x

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Thessie

My favorite lip balm. Bought it as a treat to me! Will buy it again when I can someday!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sugahxpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this balm a little over a month ago and have used it as my daytime balm the entire time.

I've had alot of experience with lip products, especially high end ones, so with that in mind I will say that this is definitely my No.1 lip balm at the moment. There are alot of sceptics when it comes to high end lip products, as most feel they can get by with a drugstore chapstick, which I have tried and seen "okay" results.

Pros:
-The perfect texture - slightly creamy, thick enough to coat lips but leave no visible traces of balm, instantly soothes and fills in lines on and around lips.
-Sweet minty scent but not overpowering.
-Decent sized pot, wide enough so that the "finger dipping" issue does not mean digging around alot.
- Does the job - my lips thrive with this balm throughout the day. Lips feel supple, protected and nourished.
- Perfect base for lipsticks
- A little goes a long way!

Cons:
- Price - it's v. expensive. However, it doesn't get used up in an instant and worth the investment for me.
- Best for day - at night I use alternative treatments.

PLEASE NOTE: Refer to La Mer's directions and use your fingers to apply the balm, the warmth activates the ingredients and produces the best result.

Don't buy this if you are blinded by the price, you will only end up disappointed. Buy if you want to invest in your lips!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ranirob

So I have to say this truly is a miracle product! I have had horribly cracked and dry lips due to a summer cold, and this product healed them within ten minutes!!!!!! Swear! It is in no way over-hyped. If this didn't work for you, you must not have existing issues with your lip area. Though I am quite sure that it will make any lips, no matter what the condition, baby smooth and hydrated. Please try this product, as I have tried them ALL. Nothing is as soothing as this. My lips are happy once again! Thank you La Mer!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by KattyKat56

This product, along with the Chanel lip balm, is my HG product. My lips were uber chapped, and this healed them OVERNIGHT which is a plus to the product. Although the price tag is just a tad expensive :-P It seems more economically correct to use this product, then to spend a lot of money on crap products, trying to find a product better than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by thelavenderninja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This lip balm is nice for application right before you go to bed. It really does condition my lips and makes them super soft when I wake up in the morning. It IS La Mer the super famous brand, but I can't justify spending all that money for a lip balm and it does seem like its just mostly made of Vaseline with the La Mer brand name on top. I haven't found a substitute yet, but I'm sure there are several out there that works just as well and costs a lot less.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by mkmonty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased La Mer's Lip Balm during my second cycle on Accutane. My lips were so dry that they were peeling and bleeding. I needed something more than the Aquaphor that I had been relying on and since my HG moisturizer is Creme de la Mer, I figured I couldn't go wrong trying the lip balm. It worked O.K. but nothing out of the ordinary. I liked the minty taste but I found it very hard to rub on my delicate lips. It didn't seem to heal them or even soften them enough to warrant the high price tag. In the end, I finally shelled out the really big bucks on By Terry's Baume de Rose, which healed my lips within days.
2/9/12 UPDATE: I've increased my rating on this product to 4 lippies. I received this balm in a swap a few months ago and I am unsure if it is because I didn't shell out the money for it or if it is because I am no longer on Acctuane, but I really love this lip balm. I became almost sickened by the taste/scent of Baume de Rose so the slightly sweet and minty-ness of La Mer's balm is a welcome respite. I also found that the balm I am using now isn't at all hard but more oily and it feels wonderful on my lips.