Clarins UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40 [DISCONTINUED]

Clarins UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40  [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Active: Titanium Dioxide 8.1%; Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Corn Starch Modified, Alcohol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Maltodextrin Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Butyl Phenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool

on 9/14/2008 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Active ingredient: Titanium dioxide

Others: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Polyglyceryl, 3 Polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, Alcohol denat.,Aluminum hydroxide, Stearic acid, PEG-12 dimethicone, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG 18/18 dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl acetate, Camellia sinensis leaf extract, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylene glycol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

Directions: Shake bottle well. Apply in the morning over daytime moisturiser.

This is an extremely liquid sunscreen and it is fragranced, but unless you are vehemently opposed to fragrance, donít let that put you off. It comes in a great little no-mess nozzled bottle. I suggest measuring out a quarter teaspoon the first time so that you know what that amount looks like in your hand. I apply it in two goes, patting it in well each time. Until I measured the correct amount I had been applying too much and two blemishes appeared which I attribute entirely to making that mistake.

It makes my face slightly paler than usual but not in a way that would be noticeable to anyone else and it isnít noticeable to me either after my usual make-up application.

It is far from greasy or oily on me, even though I have mature combination skin. I have to use a different, more moisturising sunscreen around my eyes as this is far too drying for that area, throwing any lines I have into stark relief and making concealer look like chalk.

If you have anything but oily skin, then itís essential in my opinion to follow the directions and apply moisturiser quite generously before using UV Plus, otherwise your face will resemble something from The Mummy Returns and your skin will suck up your foundation like a sponge. Be warned! But with the right amount of hydration this gorgeous, light, effective sunscreen is one that I can highly recommend for all but the most acne-prone. All the serums and lotions and make-up that I use seem to be compatible with it - no balling up of products or other problems- and itís my current best-ever! continued >>

on 9/5/2008 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i am allergic to this , how sad. its light and high spf. too bad i cant use it. there is not much in the small bottle with this high price tag.

on 8/28/2008 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have to admit that one of the best thing bout this product is that it has really high sun protection, but it kinda feels oily on my acne-prone skin, and i can feel the greasiness on my skin, esp with the hot and humid weather here in my country.However, it is great as a makeup base,and as i said before, the sun protection is really good.

on 8/10/2008 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive, combination/oily, acne prone skin. This sunblock is great! It has a runny consistency, so you only need a little to cover your entire face. It's light and mattifies, so multi-tasks well as a makeup base. When I use this and apply my mineral foundation over it, I get a nice smooth finish.

It does seem expensive for such a small bottle, but it's been lasting me quite a while. I only use a few drops for my face. Be sure to shake it before each use. It's also great for traveling since it's under 3oz and small. Will purchase again!

on 8/5/2008 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I normally use Clinique City Block 40 but I've become a Clarins fan and decided to get this one based on the reviews and my current luck with other Clarins products. I have very dry skin and sometimes my pores will hurt if I don't have enough moisturizer on. There is alcohol in this and I don't really think it's necessary. It is not moisturizing at all and those with oily skin might appreciate that. The formula is thin and can be patted on. I think it's just fine but the price is out of this world.

on 8/5/2008 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used this sunscreen for about 2 years because it was the best that I could find although I never really liked it... more like tolerated it. It always left tiny bumps under my skin and gave me a night of the living dead chalky grey purplish look when worn without makeup. I also couldnt use it on my 10 year old son because it gave him a rash.
Since then I discovered Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion and will never look back! It is FAR superior to Clarins, you get way more for your $ and has none of the above mentioned "side effects".

on 8/3/2008 11:22:00 PM

This product made me breakout terribly. I used it over summer every day and after a few months noticed my face was covered with whiteheads when I stretched the skin. Then as each pore became infected, I get big deep red pimples. I am finally clearing up thanks to Isotane (Roaccutane) - 8 months later. As my dermatologist said, I don't need 40spf everyday when I work in an office - 15spf is fine. I wouldn't reccommend to young women.

on 7/9/2008 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS: nice, light texture that glides on your face. It works well under makeup and has white tea and 3P to fight free radicals. I like that it has SPF 40 and works better under makeup than any other sunscreen that I've tried.

CONS: Expensive--$39 for 1 oz. Very small bottle. I think I go through a bottle every two and a half weeks. Clarins used to have a larger size. I am sad that they discontinued the larger size and am currently looking for a more economical sunscreen for daily use.

UPDATE: I tried MAC's prime and protect and it wipes the floor with this stuff. It kept my skin matte and protected all day and is $11 dollars cheaper for a 1oz bottle. Goodbye Clarins...

This is one of my absolute favorites. I don't much care for the fragrance, the alcohol, or the price, but the finish is just superb, and my skin has had no problems with it. Incredibly light in texture, amazingly non-whitening, and it's neither greasy nor drying. I would never stray from this product as my everyday summer ss (prefer DDF Organic in winter)... except for the fact that it is simply not as protective as LRP Fluide Extreme, nor as waterproof as Shiseido 55 Lotion.

Still, I always plan to have a bottle of UV Plus in my purse- many's the time I have been running out the door in the morning with no sunscreen on (uh oh), and I love that the Clarins, as a physical product, starts protecting my skin as soon as I put it on. Really, really pleased with this.

on 7/3/2008 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this s/s.I had hard time finding the one for me as my skin is such pain for me. Very clog, prone and extremely easy break out. I never have problem with Clarins .I did try also Sofina Lucent which also never broke me out or clog my pores but my skin after week with Sofina come sooo dry. So i end up with the Clarins and i am so happy i did. In fact my skin and make up look much better with Clarins that without it.Also give me great matte finish for all day long,very soft skin,NO white cast and amazing under make up.HG.Most people add negative reviews ONLY b/c is expensive s/s and yes it is BUT i love my face and getting compliments.
Highly recommend it.