July 31, 2014 | 1658 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by elongreach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, just to show my love for the shimmerbrick, I will tell you I have 3 of them (Rose, Brownie, and Bronze). I absolutely love them. I use them alone as a light eyeshadow or highlighting blush. I use them with Bobbi Brown cream shadows or as added shimmer to a pink blush I have. I think this is the ultimate in multi purpose items.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2006 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sharmeen

I wanted a glow for my cheeks and I read somewhere that the Shimmer Brick Compack from BOBBI BROWN does wonders to your face. Well, I saved up my money and spent almost 185 Dirhams and bought ROSY instead of Beige - although I wanted to get Beige it didn't as it gave my cheeks a weird look - like a white glow - i don't know why but it didn't suit me. Rosy gave my cheeks a nice subtle glow - and I loved it's finish on my cheeks. I would definately buy this again - but it's too damn expensive. I guess I would have to start saving again for the next one - I wonder how long this will last? But ya go ahead and buy one of these it's a MUST HAVE on a woman's vanity :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by pinktyke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got the bronze shimmer brick a few days ago (for $38), and tried it on for the first time tonight. I was debating between brownie and bronze, b/c the salesperson told me that bronze might be a bit too sheer to be used alone, but in the end, I still decided to go for bronze. I like to apply light make-up, and my skin tone is relatively pale (I'm asian). I also want to try it as a body shimmer, and feel that brownie might be too dark for that.

After trying it on today, I didn't regret choosing bronze. :) I used it alone as a blush on my cheeks, and the color turned out nicely on my skin. My brush picked up the pigment very well (in fact, it picked up a little too much pigment, and I had to wipe off some of the shimmer). It gave me a healthy, natural glow, and I got compliments for it. It also stayed on face very well and lasted me the whole night.

I'm going to use this as a blush from now on. I will consider repurchasing it, but it seems like it will last for quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2006 10:30:00 AM More reviews by sweet_tarte8

I LOVE the BB shimmer bricks. I have them in Beige and Peony, and I use both all the time! I usually use Beige as highlighter, on my cheekbones after a matte blush and also on my browbones. It gives my face an angelic glow that I love. Peony, however, I like to use as a blush, or as an eyeshadow using an eyeshadow brush and using each shade separately. I reccomend these to everyone-- they are some of my staples for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by montreal1

Love it! I have Apricot and Beige and love them both (I tried the pink at the BB counter but did not like me for me: it gave me a pink flush that made me looked feverish). I use them both as highlighter on top of cheekbone and swipe lighter shade on browbone and corner of eye. I am very fair (neutral tone) and use peach blush. Apricot gives me just the right flush of color that gives me a sun-kissed look. I do not think I can pull this off in winter though when I have no tan. One swipe from Apricot shimmerbrick is all I need on my cheekbone. Beige gives me a georgous light champagne/light bronze sheen to my face. I do have to apply a bit more than the apricot and it does not give me color per se but more enhances the color I have if this makes any sense. I could use Beige all year round. I like the Apricot for the sun-kissed look but beige is a bit more sophisticated. Both are subtle and I get a sheen with absolutely no shimmer/glitter. Both are suitable for daytime wear. This product really does brighten the face up. What amazed me is that my fiancee noticed the difference and liked it which surprised me because he does not usually pay that much attention to makeup. He liked the beige the best which once again surprised me but he though it gave me an "angelic" look while the apricot was to him a more casual I have been to the beach healthy look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by lili1968

I have this in bronze and I really like this. I only use it when I'm dressed up or going out at night. I like to use this to highlight my cheek and brow bones, and sometimes on my shoulders when they are bare. This product really lasts, I have had mine for about two years, but I guess if I used it more often I probably would have repurchased by now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Great product, but I have huge pores and the shimmer bricks in Beige and Brownie makes it look even bigger :( I've been trying and trying to make it work, but unfortunately I have no luck with these. Not good for people with huge pores. I prefer the MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes to BB Shimmer Bricks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 10:06:00 AM More reviews by kalifas

I LOVE the shimmerbricks!- The most amazing products I've ever tried- by far. They illuminate my face, makeing my complexion appear clear and glowing. I get compliments all the time! I cant say enough good about these!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2006 10:46:00 AM More reviews by JosieDarby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now for me, Bobbi Brown got this product right! I love the Shimmer Bricks...I have Beige and Apricot and love the glow this product gives on the cheeks and eyes. I swirl my brush all over the five rows of color for cheek, and then use the same item "row by row" for eyeshadow. On a sidenote, I just purchased the Shimmerbrick Eye Shadow compact. Abit pricey at $40, and I felt, although the colors looked sensational in the compact, that they did not translate as well on the eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2006 12:02:00 AM More reviews by kn2172

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Shimmerbrick as a blush. It gives a natural glow. I haven't been able to work up the courage to use it as an eyeshadow, but I suppose it's not out of the question. There are a number of less expensive brands that produce a similar product, so when this runs out, I doubt I'll buy another.