Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

bought it after hearing great reviews but found it too be too powdery . after applying it i saw specks of it rubbing against everything .is there a trick to using it? i like the local drugstores brand much better!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is an absolutely lovely product! The shades included in this shimmerbrick are just totally luminous. I use it as a highlighter on my cheeks and like to apply the lightest shade under my brow and in the inside corners of my eyes to light them up.

My only caveat would be that I've found that unlike the Sandstone, this shimmerbrick is too dark for me to use along my jawline, which I like to accent with highlighter.

This is actually my second one! It takes such a long time to use it all up. I love it! I use it as a bronzer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just purchased my first Shimmerbrick - the limited edition Rose Quartz one!

This looks a LOT more intense in the compact than it does on my skin. In the compact, it's a mix of pink and brown stripes and looks like it would go on like a blush. But no, it's much more of a subtle, shimmery, pink highlighter. It looks dewy, rather than sparkly. Like the Surf & Sand pallette, you look at it and think it's going to be intense and very sparkly, but it is not - it's actually more for daytime than evening. It's very subtle even on my PPP complexion.

I use it as a highlighter over my blush and on my eyelids. It's especially nice to make your cheekbones and eyes "pop" without a lot of shimmer. The reason I took one lippie off is that it's *so* subtle - even on very fair-skinned me - that you don't get a lot of color; there's no way I can wear it by itself.

I would love to see Bobbi Brown make a Plum shimmerbrick next.

Love it! I have Bronze, Rose and Beige and love them all! Want to try NEWEST SHIMMER BRICK PINK QUARTZ.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

At first I really loved these and bought two of them even though they are soo darn expensive. I have the Pink and Beige one. I really liked them when I was younger but for the last year and a half, I have stopped using them because of the fact that they are too shimmery and it simply makes my already combo skin look even more oily, and mostly because I also tend to breakout when using these. I really love the colour combo though in the shimmerbrick compacts and they can be used as eye shadows and blush/highlighter and you'll get a really nice look. In all, I will not be repurchasing again even though i simply adore these shimmerbrick compacts.

I have this in Sandstone (LE). It's an ok product, don't think it's worth $80AUD. It's way too shimmery for me as a highlighter and once it's on, it's impossible to wipe it off unless u use makeup remover. Didn't work too well as eyeshadows either, looked too powdery.

Definitely looks good in the packaging, but the quality isn't worth all the hype.

EDIT: After many attempts, I've finally made it work on my cheeks. I use a skunk brush (eg: MAC 188) to pick up a tiny amount of product. But make sure u only do one strip at a time, u can add product from a separate strip later if u want to. Then blend like crazy with a kabuki brush (eg: MAC 182). The result: a truly glowy look which I have not been able to achieve from any other product. But still doesn't look that great as eyeshadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought my first Shimmerbrick in Sandstone and I absolutely love it. The amount of "bronzing" is just right for my pale-ish, rosy skin. It leaves a beautiful shimmery finish - I used it today for the first time as an eye shadow and it's fabulous used that way as well (it looks amazingly good just smudged on the lid with your finger.) As an e/s, I layered it over her Long Wear Cream Shadow in Beach Honey (a great product as well.) Anyway, I love this and will buy it again! This is perfect for a trip - e/s and bronzer in one!

I bought the Sandstone shimmerbrick on a whim last week and I absolutely love it. It creates such a sheer shimmer, almost like a glow. I use the top half to highlight my cheek bones during the day and at night I use the whole brick to accentuate my cheeks. It is also great doubling as eyeshadows! I sometimes wear it alone when I'm on the go and on days when I have more time, I would layer this over my sunbasque blush for that glowy, sun-tanny look :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Ok, just to show my love for the shimmerbrick, I will tell you I have 3 of them (Rose, Brownie, and Bronze). I absolutely love them. I use them alone as a light eyeshadow or highlighting blush. I use them with Bobbi Brown cream shadows or as added shimmer to a pink blush I have. I think this is the ultimate in multi purpose items.