December 22, 2014 | 1810 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

At first I really loved these and bought two of them even though they are soo darn expensive. I have the Pink and Beige one. I really liked them when I was younger but for the last year and a half, I have stopped using them because of the fact that they are too shimmery and it simply makes my already combo skin look even more oily, and mostly because I also tend to breakout when using these. I really love the colour combo though in the shimmerbrick compacts and they can be used as eye shadows and blush/highlighter and you'll get a really nice look. In all, I will not be repurchasing again even though i simply adore these shimmerbrick compacts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by lian_qiu

I have this in Sandstone (LE). It's an ok product, don't think it's worth $80AUD. It's way too shimmery for me as a highlighter and once it's on, it's impossible to wipe it off unless u use makeup remover. Didn't work too well as eyeshadows either, looked too powdery.

Definitely looks good in the packaging, but the quality isn't worth all the hype.

EDIT: After many attempts, I've finally made it work on my cheeks. I use a skunk brush (eg: MAC 188) to pick up a tiny amount of product. But make sure u only do one strip at a time, u can add product from a separate strip later if u want to. Then blend like crazy with a kabuki brush (eg: MAC 182). The result: a truly glowy look which I have not been able to achieve from any other product. But still doesn't look that great as eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by shoporamamama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought my first Shimmerbrick in Sandstone and I absolutely love it. The amount of "bronzing" is just right for my pale-ish, rosy skin. It leaves a beautiful shimmery finish - I used it today for the first time as an eye shadow and it's fabulous used that way as well (it looks amazingly good just smudged on the lid with your finger.) As an e/s, I layered it over her Long Wear Cream Shadow in Beach Honey (a great product as well.) Anyway, I love this and will buy it again! This is perfect for a trip - e/s and bronzer in one!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2007 1:57:00 PM More reviews by victoriatran

I bought the Sandstone shimmerbrick on a whim last week and I absolutely love it. It creates such a sheer shimmer, almost like a glow. I use the top half to highlight my cheek bones during the day and at night I use the whole brick to accentuate my cheeks. It is also great doubling as eyeshadows! I sometimes wear it alone when I'm on the go and on days when I have more time, I would layer this over my sunbasque blush for that glowy, sun-tanny look :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by elongreach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, just to show my love for the shimmerbrick, I will tell you I have 3 of them (Rose, Brownie, and Bronze). I absolutely love them. I use them alone as a light eyeshadow or highlighting blush. I use them with Bobbi Brown cream shadows or as added shimmer to a pink blush I have. I think this is the ultimate in multi purpose items.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2006 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sharmeen

I wanted a glow for my cheeks and I read somewhere that the Shimmer Brick Compack from BOBBI BROWN does wonders to your face. Well, I saved up my money and spent almost 185 Dirhams and bought ROSY instead of Beige - although I wanted to get Beige it didn't as it gave my cheeks a weird look - like a white glow - i don't know why but it didn't suit me. Rosy gave my cheeks a nice subtle glow - and I loved it's finish on my cheeks. I would definately buy this again - but it's too damn expensive. I guess I would have to start saving again for the next one - I wonder how long this will last? But ya go ahead and buy one of these it's a MUST HAVE on a woman's vanity :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by pinktyke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got the bronze shimmer brick a few days ago (for $38), and tried it on for the first time tonight. I was debating between brownie and bronze, b/c the salesperson told me that bronze might be a bit too sheer to be used alone, but in the end, I still decided to go for bronze. I like to apply light make-up, and my skin tone is relatively pale (I'm asian). I also want to try it as a body shimmer, and feel that brownie might be too dark for that.

After trying it on today, I didn't regret choosing bronze. :) I used it alone as a blush on my cheeks, and the color turned out nicely on my skin. My brush picked up the pigment very well (in fact, it picked up a little too much pigment, and I had to wipe off some of the shimmer). It gave me a healthy, natural glow, and I got compliments for it. It also stayed on face very well and lasted me the whole night.

I'm going to use this as a blush from now on. I will consider repurchasing it, but it seems like it will last for quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2006 10:30:00 AM More reviews by sweet_tarte8

I LOVE the BB shimmer bricks. I have them in Beige and Peony, and I use both all the time! I usually use Beige as highlighter, on my cheekbones after a matte blush and also on my browbones. It gives my face an angelic glow that I love. Peony, however, I like to use as a blush, or as an eyeshadow using an eyeshadow brush and using each shade separately. I reccomend these to everyone-- they are some of my staples for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by montreal1

Love it! I have Apricot and Beige and love them both (I tried the pink at the BB counter but did not like me for me: it gave me a pink flush that made me looked feverish). I use them both as highlighter on top of cheekbone and swipe lighter shade on browbone and corner of eye. I am very fair (neutral tone) and use peach blush. Apricot gives me just the right flush of color that gives me a sun-kissed look. I do not think I can pull this off in winter though when I have no tan. One swipe from Apricot shimmerbrick is all I need on my cheekbone. Beige gives me a georgous light champagne/light bronze sheen to my face. I do have to apply a bit more than the apricot and it does not give me color per se but more enhances the color I have if this makes any sense. I could use Beige all year round. I like the Apricot for the sun-kissed look but beige is a bit more sophisticated. Both are subtle and I get a sheen with absolutely no shimmer/glitter. Both are suitable for daytime wear. This product really does brighten the face up. What amazed me is that my fiancee noticed the difference and liked it which surprised me because he does not usually pay that much attention to makeup. He liked the beige the best which once again surprised me but he though it gave me an "angelic" look while the apricot was to him a more casual I have been to the beach healthy look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by lili1968

I have this in bronze and I really like this. I only use it when I'm dressed up or going out at night. I like to use this to highlight my cheek and brow bones, and sometimes on my shoulders when they are bare. This product really lasts, I have had mine for about two years, but I guess if I used it more often I probably would have repurchased by now.