October 31, 2014 | 769 users online

Scrubs - Mary Kay - Micro-dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 1:57:00 PM More reviews by reneemichell

I love this product! I can't say enough good things about it. A friend of mine just became a Mary Kay consultant and after contemplating the purchase of the skincare set..she finally talked me into it. Her skin is gorgeous so I figured I would give it a try. My skin is typically uneven and I also have large pores. I do not break out often but the past few weeks I was noticing small bumps on my forehead and an occasional blemish on my face. I would never go out of the house without makeup. I purchased the Timewise Kit with the Cleanser, Day and Night Solution, Moisturizer and the Micordermabrasion Kit. I have fell in love..just after using it for a little over a week, I have noticed that my skin is sooooo soft and my makeup applies with ease. The entire kit has a faint scent which almost smells like nothing.. which I love. A little bit goes a long way with all of the products. The microdermabrasion kit has made my pores noticably smaller and smoothed out my uneven skin texture. It isn't too harsh on the skin and feels so smooth after you are finished! This is definitely a skincare regimen that I will stick too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. This is the best thing for clearing my skin and making it smooth. I only use step 1, though. I use the Clinique 3-step for my skin care, and after washing my face, I use this and rub it gently for a minute or two. Its really fine and doesnt hurt or irritate my skin at all, and I have very sensitive skin that turns red and blotchy easily. Recently I broke out very badly from using Laura Mercier's "Flawless Skin" line. (flawless? ha!) So I began using my good ol clinique again, and trying to be patient waiting for my skin to clear. Well, using this Microdermabrasion really speeds along the healing process without hurting existing blemishes. This little tube is totally worth the $30 it retails for, but you can find it cheaper on ebay. This is my HG scrub, hands down. And I love love love that there are no nasty chemicals in it, and also no AHAs or BHAs (my skin is sensitive to those too). Go buy this now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the absolute BEST ever! It makes your skin soo much nicer and smoother! Do not scrub too hard though and always use the second step - wonderful stuff and worth a whole lot more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2006 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sarathan

I've been using this product for several months now and so far I just love it! My skin feels so smooth and glowy after using it. At first I was hesitant about the price, but it's so worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2006 12:45:00 PM More reviews by materialgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased this product and am very impressed with how my skin feels and looks after using. I have sensitive, very oily, acne-prone skin and this is a great addition to my skin care routine. The scrub made my skin feel so clean and soft and really improved the overall apperance. The lotion was great, it is oil-free which is the only type of moisturizer I can use, because of my super oily skin. So I was happy to read that on the box. The lotion made my skin so soft, non-greasy and really helped with how my makeup went on. Definitely will be repurchasing when I run out...Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by chevycamarolvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never tried microdermabrasion before, so I can't say how this compares to other products, but I LOVE this kit from May Kay. I'm prone to blackheads and have quite a few acne scars (really just slightly red discoloarions, no pitting or anything), and this has really helped. It reduces the blackheads and has helped to lighten the scars. Plus it makes my skin ultra smooth. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with a similar problem!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 8:27:00 AM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very fine scrub with a deep moisturizer. The scrub is gentle but effective. I have older skin and as you might know, your skin gets thicker in some ways and more dry as you age. Removing the top layer of dead cells from the epidermis makes your skin look brighter and feel smoother. This scrub really works. You only need a pea-sized blob on wet skin. I notice that my foundation goes on smoothly afterwards and my skin looks healthy and smooth. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2006 4:41:00 AM More reviews by lipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can't rave enough about this!! I bought the set that comes with the replenishing lotion. First of all...squeeze tubes again! I love that about MK. I tried Ponds brand microdermabrasion recently and you have to continusouly dip your hands into a plastic jar...not user friendly and a pain in the @## in the shower! What I love about MK's micro is how it exfoliates..it almost feels like your taking a layer of skin off. Doesn't sound good I know but its supposed to be microdermabrasion right? I love the quality of this also, much better than other brands I've tried. One of the best things about this product is how it rinses off your face. When I'm using it at the sink instead of the shower it rinses off completly and with little effort compared to others I've tried that leave me with crystals on my face even after saturating my face with water at the sink. The replenishing lotion afterwards sinks in W/O feeling greasy. Your face is left with a glow and with continued use makeup glides on beautifully and looks better : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 7:39:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this stuff! My skin feels very soft and smooth after I use it, my pores seem more refined, and it really does seem to help clear up blemishes a little faster. And I love that I can just use my hands to apply it, unlike some products that sell the mechanical massager as part of the starter kit. It also lasts forever. I bought the kit in January and am just now getting down to the last bit of it. I've already got the new set waiting in the cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2006 7:36:00 AM More reviews by christinaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is REALLY GOOD. Close to perfect!! My skin is left smooth, vibrant and it diminishes the little blackheads too. My acne scars have lightened too! Impressed :)