October 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by laurenonkeys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I refuse to blowdry my hair without it. It makes my overly colored/highlighted/heat damaged hair feel soft and silky, and because it contains a heat protectant, it not only solves problem hair, it prevents it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by orangeade15

I have long, fine hair that is prone to frizz and fluff. It is hard to find something that does not weigh my hair down while keeping it smooth and frizz-free. Satinwear 02 smells great and is very lightweight and not greasy. It leaves my hair smooth and silky and most of the time I do not even need to use a flat iron after blowing it dry. Love this stuff! I can see how reviewers with thicker hair have not had as much success with this product that I have since I think it is more a product for people with fine to normal hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by sxii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have naturally jet black hair.. over the past year i have gradually and safely gone up to a honey blonde ( think tyra banks coloured hair ). During this i never bothered to buy a salon shampoo as my normal garnier was just fine untill the blonde finally started to take its toll. I started to use delorenzo, paul mitchel but it wouldnt help with my dry hair. Then i saw a redken pack containing all soft shampoo + conditioner + satin wear ultimate blowdry lotin { all full size } and a small size of heavy cream and velvet whip, for only AUS$49 !!! { normally the products would have cost me $90 alone} . After washing and conditioning then using the heavy cream as a treatment overnight, i blowdried my hair { with satinwear } and .....OHHH MY GOSHH ! my gross, wiry , dry hair was lush & silky with endless shine ! i honestly thought it wouldnt do much for my hair but in just one wash my hair is amazing... mind you, two days later my hair is still dead straight and NO kinks.. which means no re-straitening when i wake up! definately recommend this range! if your skeptical try look for a value pack as its better value !!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by dxgirly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot blowdry my hair without this stuff. Normally it came out so dry and brittle and it was disgusting. Now after blowdrying my hair feels soft like the day after a wash. I love it. This one is definitely a keeper

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Mollyness

Its been a week since I had my hair cut and highlighted. My hairdresser used this product on me. Ive been using it since the day she did my hair and I love it! My hair has gone from oily at the scalp and dry on the ends to silky all over. I will continue to use this product. I kind of wish it came in a bigger bottle and the cap fell off. C'est la vie! I am still able to get the product out another way and it works really well so thats what counts :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by AbbyDodson

I love this stuff! This stuff makes my damaged hair (Straightening and highlighting) soooooo silky and soft! Ia lways get so many compliments! I strongly reccommend this. Will continue to buy...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2008 4:22:00 AM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Arggghhh! This didn't work for me. I was sure I was on to a winner here because of all the good ratings but alas, this has been a dud. My hair is feels exactly the same as when I don't apply it. Maybe my hairdryer is not powerful enough? Anyway, I will never buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

I am giving this such a low rating because for me, it did not do what it is intended to do! It is for blow drying and I never saw any difference in using it or not using it...I bought a huge bottle from Trade Secret, used all of it, so I am a good judge of it's effectiveness...maybe this works wonders for hair straightening, etc. but I have never used a straight iron on my hair, I just blow dry...would never repurchase and have found suitable replacements for pre blow drying products. This did not make my hair less frizzy or make it soft, not sure what it is supposed to do?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 6:14:00 AM More reviews by tb_macpherson

This came in a generous sample size in the All Soft Christmas pack but I only use this when I'm travelling or run out of my usual products. Today was a case of the latter and wow, this stuff is great with a straightener! I wasn't as impressed when I use it with a hair dryer (as designed apparently) but I only use irons at home so it doesn't matter!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by 15shopaholic15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you're looking for a product that makes even the dryest hair silky smooth without any buildup whatsoever, I highly recommend Redken Satinwear 02. I've tried dozens of other products from other companies that claim my hair will be come super soft and shiny without weighing my hair down. However, none of those other products actually did that. My hair was either left greasy or just as dry and dull as it was before. I became incredibly frustrated and nearly gave up on my search for soft, silky hair.
I decided to give this Satinwear a try though after hearing wonderful things about it here on makeupalley.com. Now, my hair is extremely soft, smooth, flyaway and frizz free, without any "gunk" collecting in my hair at all. Just a pump or so applied onto my hair before blowdrying and in literally just minutes I have hair I love. I'll also mention that this works great for damaged hair and is a fantastic heat protectant.