July 26, 2014 | 946 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Josie_A

I received this in creamy natural as part of a set. It's slightly too dark on my very pale skin, but ok since it's summer. This pressed powder is soft and when I barely touch my brush to it, it gets pretty messy. I end up blowing off a lot of excess product before I close the compact back up. I can still somewhat see discolored spots through this. Overall, my skin looks good but there are better foundations and powders out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shades in this product range are sort of 'sickly' looking. Applied on the face, with a moisturizer base, it still looks cakey and creases at the laugh lines. For my skin, it causes excessive dryness as well.
Maybe it's the retinyl palmitate or the parabens....some ingredient in this powder was making my facial skin look dull and patchy, with a lot of 'bumps'.

Once I stopped using the powder, the skin looked much better.
To be honest, I do not know if this powder is good or bad for my skin. If the parabens can be removed, this would be a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by bmag

I am on my 4th one. I love this product. It actually works for me. I purchase mine for about $12 from Walmart, which i think is a little pricey but it lasts long for me before I have to purchase a new one.

My skin is very oily and acne-prone.
I put this all over my face after I apply my acne-control moisturizer. I don't use any foundation, or primer, or concealer. Just this by itself. It doesn't break me out which is what I love. The coverage is medium, it doesn't completely cover my acne, but it definitely reduces the redness.

My skin can get very oily so this product reduces shine as well (also gives a matte finish) but at the end of the day my t-zone becomes oily again.. :( That is why I gave is 4 lippies.

But, overall I like this product and I would definitely recommend it to someone who doesnt like to apply concealer or foundation but still wants a even all-over face coverage. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought this at walmart for around 11-13 USD. i normally use the BE mineral veil, wich i LOVE, but its a bit pricey and i'm about to run out. this, i started the hunt for a new setting powder. first i tried Physicians Formula pressed powder with the SPF 50-- and it oxidized worse on me than anything ever has in my life. straight up oompa loompa! so then i tried a loose powder from maybelline that i had lying around, and it oxidized a bit as well, althout not as badly. i'd heard a lot of great stuf about MAC's MSFN's, so i tried that, and it ALSO oxidized! too bad, b/c i loved the finish :( so in frustration i picked up this powder in translucent light at walmart along with Hard Candy's mattifying powder in translucent. i figured at least ONE of them would work, and i could just return the other (thank you, US return policies!). i have to say, the winner is the hard candy. it seems to mattify for slightly longer, and does not oxidize AT ALL! yay!!!! i'm quite pale, and it does a good job of neing light enough and helping to get rid of any reddness my foundation didnt cover.

the reason this one didnt come out on top-- its a 1/2 shade darker or so. i'm on the fence as to if i want to keep this or not.... the HC is a tad bit TOO light, and i *think* this might be a tad bit too dark. it doesnt oxidize on me at all though-- the color i put on is the color i come home with at the end of the day. i'm going t try this out again before i make my final decision. as it stands now, this color may be a tinyt bit too dark, bit not enough to make me look "off". i'll update after a bit

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've owned this product for all of two days, so I can't comment as to long term results. I don't regularly use primer or concealer or foundation or powder on my face because I don't like the look of layers on skin - but I like this product. I bought it in "translucent", which ...I shouldn't have because I'm olive toned, yet it looks absolutely fine when brushed on lightly. it doesn't look cakey, yet my skin tone looks even after I use it.
Best of all, I think i can use it daily -iit takes two seconds to rub on, ts so light, i dont have to add ten more things to my face, yet it still makes me look put together.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by buescherbeetle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel this gives me a decent amount of coverage without looking cakey. Put some primer on and it will last all day. Without primer, you'll end up reapplying. I can't stand feeling like I have a bunch of sh*t caked on my face but I like having an even, natural looking skin tone. This gives me that. I've tried expensive powder foundations but I keep coming back to this. I've had many people say I don't wear makeup. That's how well it works for me. It's very light. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second compact of this powder in Beige. Amazing, I almost never do that. I use it to set my foundation, not on its own. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer all over my face for the retinol and SPF. The retinol really helps keep my cystic acne under control. Then I apply foundation over the areas where I need more coverage and Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC20 (with yet more SPF) over my acne marks I'm trying to fade. Then this finishing powder. Looks great! The color Beige matches me perfectly. I also have this in Translucent but it is a bit white on me. The compact itself does not seem terribly sturdy so I use it only at home with a Real Techniques brush (not the sponge). In my purse, I carry Clinique powder because it also provides great coverage and SPF, but the compact is stronger and the mirror easier to use.
BTW-I got this as part of the PF Complexion Kit in Medium. This included a blush and mineral veil dupe. It was $15 on sale at Ulta and then I used a coupon so it was about $12 for all three. Super good deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetiejesyca

I was hesitant to buy a powder that is to be applied with a brush (I normally use powder that comes with a sponge as I think it tends to cover imperfections better) but I was SO pleasantly surprised with this! This stuff is pretty amazing! I have combination skin; oily in t-zone area, dry patches.. My skin is also sensitive and I have some skin spots and redness. I don't like to have that "make-upy, caked-on" look, either. I typically wear a tinted moisturizer and the apply a powder over top to finish my look and even out my skin tone. I didn't think this would be enough to give me a finished look but it really is worth every penny. Since it's not one "solid" color, you don't really have to worry about matching your skin tone EXACTLY like you would with other face powders. It blends so well and covers up any imperfections on my skin.. even without wearing a foundation. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. Whether you're looking for something with light coverage or something with a fuller coverage- this is it! If you do an extra layer, it provides better coverage but doesn't make you look like cakey makeup face. I was a faithful Clinique powder buyer- and at $24 a pop...I wasn't thrilled with the price. I wanted to find something less expensive that also was kind to my skin. This has been super great on my skin and really makes it look flawless...all day! And it's only priced around $13.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by bridie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second container. Can't tell a difference between this and MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which is what I used to use. I use this with the ecotools retractable kabuki brush. Great product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No