August 29, 2014 | 1801 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by gvmullins

Ohhh....J'adore....I've been wearing this fragrance off and on since high school. I love it so much. I am allergic to about HALF of all perfumes out there...and Dior perfumes never give me a rash. Great quality. J'adore almost seems to wear differently between the seasons - in the summer it's more floral, in the winter when I put a bit more on it's still floral yet has a more regal, Christmasy smell to it...sounds weird but believe me, I mean it in a good way. I will continue buying J'adore for years to come...it's a staple for me. And I'm a perfume whore - at any time I'm shifting between about 6, but I always go back to this one. I get a lot of compliments on it. It stays on relatively well, but I pretty much re-apply any perfume I'm wearing every other hour regardless of how light or strong it is, so I can't really comment on the staypower it has. It's feminine without being too girly and young. Ahhhh....I'm wearing it right now...divine! I gave the packaging a 3 because the long african tribal neck ring top it comes with (lol) always gets knocked off in my purse. A shorter top would be better, but it does look pretty on my mirrored perfume display on my vanity.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Suuushi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love CD fragrances and this one has 'older' smell I from all CD parfumes I bought . I like it and use it everyday but like hypnotic poison - not long wearing on my skin .

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by tina5856

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the packaging , its really expensive tho but i do like the scent, classy

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kaiousei

I love the packaging, but the scent is just so-so. It's a little mature, imo. I will wear it on occasion, but it seems a little classic for my tastes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

Just Fantastic another good frag by Dior I just adore Jadore :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

The scent is floral with notes of mandarin, champaca flowers, ivy, African orchid, rose, violet, damascus plum, amaranth wood and blackberry musk (from online). With this combination, you would think it would smell heavily strong of floral, but yet this has a nice warm fruity, almost 'juicy' smell to it. When I first sprayed this, I got the mandarin notes and then some sort of floral scent, where it died down to a woodsy scent in the end. Lasting power is pretty fantastic. I can still smell it on the cardboard tester a day after I purchased it. Pretty pricey for a perfume, but definitely worth it. An elegant and classic scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by MadameBlanc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This a perfume I bought on impulse years ago and rarely wear. That said, now that the weather is warm it always seems just right. Is it groundbreaking? No. Real popular? Yep. But beautiful, elegant, and clean. I am loving it this season!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the special edition version - the bottle is so dead gorgeous I have it on display in my living room. The scent of the perfume is overpowering though. It is feminine but strong, so 1 spritz will do. However, the strong scent will mellow down after a while, and you get a soft elegant smell which evokes of exotic flowers. Its more of an evening perfume. It is what I expect Dior to produce whenever I think of their haute couture. I won't give it full marks because this is not that wearable on a daily basis unless you are the glam type who dresses up frequently.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not know whats so amzing about this fragrance. Some people like it and purchase it again and again but even if I tried to like it, I could not find anything special about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by FangBanger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't actually own J'adore (yet). I am house-sitting right now for a friend, and she has a bottle of the EDP sitting on her bathroom counter that looks a little, shall we say, sad and underused. So, me being me, I've been sneaking sprays every day for the past week. I'm not bathing myself in it- that would be really rude because it's not my perfume- but I have been wearing it long enough to realize this is the only true floral perfume I've ever worn (besides Cabotine by Gres) that smells GOOD on me. And I mean very, very GOOD. It's an abstract scent in the sense that I don't get one flower (or fruit) over any of the others, but I love it. I never thought I would. However, it is strangely addicting.

This is coming from someone who normally wears Orientals or Chypres. I seriously can't stop sniffing my wrist while I'm wearing J'adore! And to be honest, I haven't smelled it on any other women as of late. It smells familiar, yes, but not in a boring way. I think it probably does smell different on everyone's skin, otherwise I'd have no interest in buying a bottle. This is truly a warm, pretty masterpiece. Its only crime is being very lovely and frankly, inoffensive. So, sue me for liking it, because I love it. It was original for its time, even if it isn't now.

I sense a graduation present to myself in the near future...