Dior j'adore

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Definitely NOT the kind of scent this leather-and-chypre gal would gravitate towards, but after receiving this in error from my dear mother (she bought me the wrong Dior) I figured I might as well give it a shot. At first sniff I realized I've smelled this on many a passerby but never bothered to find out what it was. J'Adore is a fruity floral that packs quite a punch--spritz lightly, or risk smacking those around you with your scent. Unfortunately, most people I've smelled this on tend to pile it on. It starts with a potent mix of white florals and juicy fruit; I get primarily tuberose, peach, and pear. Getting too close to the wrist is headache-inducing unfortunately. J'Adore stays pretty true throughout its long dry down, and I have to give it points for its longevity (I have the EDP). I'm not sure whether to keep it: I'd feel a little guilty swapping a gift, but it's just not *me*. J'Adore is tolerable from a distance, but repulsive from too close...kind of like a Monet. Definitely would never buy on my own, but could wear if sprayed behind the knees or on my lower back.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

EDIT:
I just sold this as I could not wear it anymore - just way to boring and nothing special so I would never grab it to wear. Over-rated in my opinion.

____________________________________

I can't stop smelling myself!!!

K that sounds wierd but it's true :) There is something special about this scent. I have been trying to put my finger on what it is all night and I can't. Normally I am not a huge fan of florals but this one has such a nice combo with other scent elements it brings it to a beautiful place...it makes you feel beautiful.

I am glad I bought this tonight and look forward to wearing it.
Will it be my number 1? No (I love my LIght Blue and The One - by D&G) but I still adore (or j'adore en francais) this scent and plan on wearing it all the time.
It is a super classy, chic and sensual scent.

I got a sample of this, definitely not for me, but I cans see why a lot of people like this. My big pet peeve with perfumes is that synthetic chemical smell that so many of them have, this is no exception, synthetic floralness dominates it. I suppose there is a HINT of muskiness, but not enough to even subtly mute the sweetness of the floral. The word that comes to mind most with this perfume is EW.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this perfume. I have been wearing it for a long time now. I have asthma and it does not aggravate it at all. Most perfumes are overly floral/candy/musk. It has a nice blend of all 3. I did not have it for almost 2 years and thought I could not go any longer with out it. It is a tad bit pricey from when I started buying it. (As someone else also stated) But a large bottle which costs you $100 bucks lasts for a year +/-. So when you add it up it's worth it. My grandma is slowly passing away and gave me some of my inheritance early so she could see me enjoy it. First thing I did was go out and buy a huge bottle of it for me and her. It reminds her of me and every time I call she tells me she was thinking about me. Then has to tell me all about when she got a whiff of it doing something... aka gardening or even watching her favorite show. Its a nice feeling to know that. Kinda corny but very true.

I hadn't smelled this until I received a nice sized sample from the Dior Diva program. At first smell I wasn't too impressed, it doesn't smell like anything special to me... But as the days went on I find myself reaching for it more. I am no perfume expert but I find this kind of a neutral smell, not overly flowery or sweet nor on the other hand musky. I am overly sensitive to the alcohol content of some perfumes & it really bothers my nose, but I don't find that with this one. It lasts all day as well. I will probably buy a bottle when my sample runs out.

The scent isn't bad at all, it's actually quite nice about 20 minutes after spraying. I just wish it could be diluted a little. I normally like strong scents but this a little over the top. After the initial headache it turns into an O.K fragrance. I usually either love or hate perfumes and this one is an odd inbetweener for me.

I loved this perfume since 2000. I always have this in my house.. my mom has one.. I have one.. At this point I think i just got enough of it... its weird how my nose got used to this scent. I can smell it but I don't think I will put it on myself again for a while.
This is a not only a very clean-soapery smell, but also warm and comfortable. I recomend this for a daytime, for work.
this is totally for spring, since is a beautiful lady like woody floral.
Im not quite sure If I would like to get it again.. maybe in a few years.

I have been buying this perfume before I have ever seen the comercial for it with Charlize... Back when a bottle was 65 to 85 dollars for a large one... I j'adore J'adore! I was just without it for 6 months and felt ever so bare! I tried changing brands to something a few more dollars cheaper... what the price was back in the day... and I just could not do it! I get nothing but compliments everytime I wear it, people will bend in to talk to me!!! I SWEAR I will never ever betray it ever again! OH HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i love this perfume!!!! when i wear it, it makes me feel happy and does not smell like an old lady scent to me at all! it last for the whole day and this scent just makes me feel relaxed and i could fall asleep to this, however it is pricey!!!!

$98 for 3.4oz bottle and the notes are:

Mandarin, Champaca Flowers, Ivy, African Orchid, Rose, Violet, Damascus Plum, Amaranth Wood, Blackberry Musk

its a soft, floral, fruity scent, but not candy-smelling. i love it

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

um, can we say WEDDING. ive work with many brides and when discussing scenting, i found most woman on the "big day" want something floral, bright, feminine and clean. this potent bad girl makes sure all those desire are fullfilled. it last well, through lights and sweating and 1000 hugs. it stays sweet, yet bold. and i find when it warms to the skin, every woman wearing it, just simply radiates energy. you must try this for weddings or special events. i will say one thing, this is a brides fragrance. anyone else wearing it at a wedding should be shot for trying to upstage the bride!!!!

Popular Fragrances