August 22, 2014 | 1720 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ECT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this moisturizer - i have been using it for three years now and most of the time, nothing works better for my combo skin. If you mist your skin with a little bit of toner (i use Lush's Eau Roma Water) or leave it a little damp after washing your face, you only need a tiny amount to do your whole face and neck. Other pluses: it's canadian, vegetarian, and i love the way it smells (so does my bf.)

minus one lippy for the pot, which doesn't withstand air travel well and does get a little gooky around the rim.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by neverfadetogray

I've always been a little wary of moisturizers because they tend to leave my face too greasy afterwards. Imperialis definitely doesn't. I cleanse my face with Fresh Farmacy, follow that up with Tea Tree Water toner, and then moisturize with Imperialis. I love it - it has helped improve my skin and leaves it soft, not oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by xPrettyxPandax

With a lot of LUSH moisturizers, I'm not very fond of the smell. I find that a lot of them have a harsh unpleasant smell, but with the Imperialis it isn't bad. It's got a very faint floral smell to it, which is nice, and a little goes a long way.

I follow up with it after I wash my face with LUSH-Ocean Salt facial scrub. It definetely does the trick, and makes my skin very very soft. I've never broken out since I started with these products either!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by plumski

Well, I don't think it's a terrible or horrible product. I don't think i would be repurchasing either.
I find that it works best after i use angels on bare skin and when i rub the imperialis onto my skin..it leaves my skin soft and yummie.
I can't use a lot of it and i do use a tiny amount as if i use just a little bit too much, it is not smooth..more sticky like than anything.
I'm not too fond of the smell, but it is not appalling either.
There's a lot of product considering the amount i use..and it might be a very long time before i will be able to finish it all up.
I agree, I don't like the packaging. When i saw it in the store, it had a thick consistency..which was okay..and i left it in the car for a couple hours..and it was a bit warm..and i was anxious to open it when i was at a red light..so i did...and oops, i tilted the container by accident and a dollop of moisturizer fell on my lap....eeek! Not fun!! I thought i had lost about half of the product that i just bought...but when it got to my house and i left it in the fridge for a few hours..it got thick again and it looked like i barely made a dent.
So, I use the imperialis as a day moisturizer...not at all for nighttime...but for me the trick is..using a tiny amount...if i use a bit too much (which is very easy to do)..i don't bother washing it off...i just leave it on. It doesn't make my skin super oily, or make me break out..or have any adverse effects..
The only thing it does for me..is well moisturize..which that's what it is..a moisturizer.
At its best, it makes my skin touchable soft...but i do need to use it after angels on bare skin..otherwise, i don't bother using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by theunknownforce

First of all, the packaging is really bad. The consistancy of this product is so runny that the moisturizer would get to the indent of the lid where it screws on the tub and dry into this brownish paste.

The product itself doesn't control my oily t-zone. I have a really shiny nose and after using this moisturizer, it gets even shinier and if I took my finger and touched the skin of my nose, my finger would get greasy .(gross, I know)

As for moisturizing the drier parts of my face, its okay I guess, but I wouldn't buy this again.

My quest for a good combo skin moisturizer continues on!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Lulle

First this product just smells BAD. When you look at the ingredients list, you hope it'll have a nice flowery scent, but no, it's just an awfull smell of rotten vegetables.

After application, it left my face sticky, but not sufficiently moisturized.

And, I had a HORRIBLE breakout after a couple of days. NO product ever made me breakout like this, I had HUGE painfull red spots all over my face, and it took MONTHS to get rid of the scars. Thanks Lush, great !!!
Back to my Clarins skincare !

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by meepo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this with my first Lush purchase the other day and have been trying it out at night, for several days. After the second day of use, I broke out in about 5-6 huge pimples on my face. I rarely get this many at once; usually just one or two at most, during that time of the month.. I'm hesitant to attribute the breakout completely to this moisturizer though, as it really hasn't been that long to make a fair judgment, BUT.. I'm very suspicious, in consideration of other reviewers' breakout experiences with this product. I have also been getting dry peel-y patches in the past few days, first on my nose and now on my chin. Even if the dryness wasn't caused by the product, it certainly isn't helping it any! So, for now, I'm not very impressed and will most likely not be purchasing again. Will update if anything gets better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by MissJones519

I used this product as an amazing new skin -care regime.
Overall, the results were great. (I used Lush's Aqua Marina and Tea Tree Water.) But I am not sure if this moituriser was doing anything for me.
Then, Simple's oil-balancing moisturier caught my eye in Boots. It worked much better; makes my skin look like I'm wearing foundtion, and helped cler my pores much more effectively! It's also a lot lot cheaper.
Although this moisturisr is okay, in hindsight, I think it was getting in the way of progress. There are much better and cheaper moisturisers out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product yesterday and I am returning it tomorrow. I usually use Aveeno SPF 15 stuff in the morning, and NeoStrata/Clinique in the evening. Acne-prone skin, oily with dry spots. I've never tried Lush products before and the "naturalness" was inticing. Imperialis gave me huge zits everywhere overnight. I got a horribly painful one on my lip, on my chin and on my eyelid (of all places). Hideous stuff. I will stick to drugstore brands from now on. Organic/natural isn't always better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by LisaNewYork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was just okay for me. It didn't really moisturize or do much for my skin, and a few days after using it, my skin felt less smooth than it had. I think I'll probably go back to Skin Shangri La, which was much better for my skin type.