April 18, 2014 | 1973 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2008 2:21:00 AM More reviews by theunknownforce

First of all, the packaging is really bad. The consistancy of this product is so runny that the moisturizer would get to the indent of the lid where it screws on the tub and dry into this brownish paste.

The product itself doesn't control my oily t-zone. I have a really shiny nose and after using this moisturizer, it gets even shinier and if I took my finger and touched the skin of my nose, my finger would get greasy .(gross, I know)

As for moisturizing the drier parts of my face, its okay I guess, but I wouldn't buy this again.

My quest for a good combo skin moisturizer continues on!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Lulle

First this product just smells BAD. When you look at the ingredients list, you hope it'll have a nice flowery scent, but no, it's just an awfull smell of rotten vegetables.

After application, it left my face sticky, but not sufficiently moisturized.

And, I had a HORRIBLE breakout after a couple of days. NO product ever made me breakout like this, I had HUGE painfull red spots all over my face, and it took MONTHS to get rid of the scars. Thanks Lush, great !!!
Back to my Clarins skincare !

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by meepo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this with my first Lush purchase the other day and have been trying it out at night, for several days. After the second day of use, I broke out in about 5-6 huge pimples on my face. I rarely get this many at once; usually just one or two at most, during that time of the month.. I'm hesitant to attribute the breakout completely to this moisturizer though, as it really hasn't been that long to make a fair judgment, BUT.. I'm very suspicious, in consideration of other reviewers' breakout experiences with this product. I have also been getting dry peel-y patches in the past few days, first on my nose and now on my chin. Even if the dryness wasn't caused by the product, it certainly isn't helping it any! So, for now, I'm not very impressed and will most likely not be purchasing again. Will update if anything gets better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by MissJones519

I used this product as an amazing new skin -care regime.
Overall, the results were great. (I used Lush's Aqua Marina and Tea Tree Water.) But I am not sure if this moituriser was doing anything for me.
Then, Simple's oil-balancing moisturier caught my eye in Boots. It worked much better; makes my skin look like I'm wearing foundtion, and helped cler my pores much more effectively! It's also a lot lot cheaper.
Although this moisturisr is okay, in hindsight, I think it was getting in the way of progress. There are much better and cheaper moisturisers out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product yesterday and I am returning it tomorrow. I usually use Aveeno SPF 15 stuff in the morning, and NeoStrata/Clinique in the evening. Acne-prone skin, oily with dry spots. I've never tried Lush products before and the "naturalness" was inticing. Imperialis gave me huge zits everywhere overnight. I got a horribly painful one on my lip, on my chin and on my eyelid (of all places). Hideous stuff. I will stick to drugstore brands from now on. Organic/natural isn't always better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by LisaNewYork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was just okay for me. It didn't really moisturize or do much for my skin, and a few days after using it, my skin felt less smooth than it had. I think I'll probably go back to Skin Shangri La, which was much better for my skin type.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:38:00 AM More reviews by catteys

My sister bought it because she has oily/combo skin. I tried some but I didnt really like it. It smelt funny like loose powder. It sank into skin quickly but then my skin was like having nothing on it (Maybe some people like that). I thought it might be working but after a few hours, my nose became very oily like i didnt use any skincare product.
It works pretty well on my sister tho maybe it just depends on different types of skin =/ It's worth to have a try because it wont irritate your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by anniee19

I was suprised to see such a low rating after I started using this! I've only been using it for about a week now, but I love it! I use this after cleansing with Angels on Bare Skin, and the combo of these two products has made my combo-skin looking great in a short amount of time. It's not oily on my face at all, sinks in fast and leaves me without a dryed out feeling. I think it smells nice like lavender, and not strong at all. The scent fades right away, so I don't even notice it after I put it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 8:01:00 AM More reviews by sushibuns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i do not know it as such a low score i totally love this one i hate lavender smell usually but this is ok i use this because it works wonders for my oily skin and my pores used to be huge i put a little bit on my face and neck after my favorite toner breath of fresh air and i am ready it does almost the same thing than gorgeous but at a lower price but if i could i would buy gorgeous as a night cream but to pricey for me

this is one of my favorite lush products

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by favola

It did nothing for my face, but it did give me cystic acne and the skin around my nose and mouth were peeling after using this. I actually liked the smell, but its not worth it if this does squat. I hate this face moisturizer and it has definately turned me off lush forever.