Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 8/29/2009 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Very pretty fragrance. Fresh, sugary, citrusy, lightly floral and slightly powdery at the same time, makes me think of hubba bubba and long white socks and nylon short shorts, Kirsten Dunst drinking peach schnapps under the stairs in the Virgin Suicides, hmmm was it her or another character? Ok i'm digressing.... but it is the type of fragrance you can put on in the morning without thinking if you know what i mean! Fragrance lingers longest on clothing so make sure to spray some on your threads for staying power! Definately not a perfume to wear for a job interview, it will turn you to jelly, for such an occassion i can recommend Calvin Klein Obsession even though i can't stand it! Bottle is awesome, fits nicely into the smallest of bags, i wish more perfumes came in bottles with this in mind.

on 8/13/2009 11:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this perfume awhile ago and for some reason, didn't really care for it and put it in the back of my medicine cabinet. I always seem to go back to my HG scent- Bennetton Colours which is heaven in a bottle and hard to come by unfortunetly. 3 weeks ago, I was packing for my vacation (Italy!) and was looking for a perfume that was small to pack and one I didn't really care about. I chose this one and I am so happy I gave it a second chance! It turns out, this is a lovely fragrance which made me smell freshly showered even after long sweaty days of sightseeing. I thought I detected notes of chocolate in it. Anyway, I used most of it up on my vacation and I think I will repurchase it as it is a lovely fresh, light perfume.

on 8/7/2009 4:57:00 PM

Love the light, fresh, clean scent of Amazing Grace. I did take one lippie off because the scent fades rather quickly. I am wondering if the eau de parfum would last longer, I thik I will try that next time.

on 7/24/2009 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this. AMAZING GRACE is very soft, feminine and clean.
Itís deliberately close to the skin so just you & that special someone can smell it, rather then the whole street. Being so simple and uncluttered, AMAZING GRACE doesnít smell artificial.
I also love the sleek, simple bottle design.

Sometimes less is more.

Scent notes: mandarin orange, grapefruit, bergamot, freesia, jasmine, rose and musk.

on 7/23/2009 6:21:00 PM

This is my HG scent. I love the clean scent. In the morning when I first put it on I get compliments, but the scent does fade quickly.

on 7/22/2009 11:37:00 AM

I'm a QVC buyer, watcher and internet surfer. QVC has a Beauty hour on Saturday, I know, it's date night but we have 3-year old and Saturdays are rarely date nights for us. Anyway, during this hour, sometime they show some Philosophy products or I get suck into watching an hour of Philosophy. Oh, and the way they present this cologne, I felt like a fool not ordering it. I did and boy, I was not very happy. I didn't think it gave you that after shower scent. It reminded me of my grandmother's scent. It brought back memories but it wasn't the way I wanted to smell either. I gave it a week and just didn't like it. I ended up giving to my mom. She said that she liked it. But, the last time, I went to see her, the bottle was still in the box and that was over a month ago. Oh, well. I told her to pass it on it she didn't like it. I gave it one lippie because it was package nicely when it came in the mail.

on 6/29/2009 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This has been my signature scent for years. I layer it with the body wash, lotion and touch up w/ the oil roll-on for going out. My favorite version of this scent is the body wash, it is the "cleanest' (yet not soapy) vehicle. I like that this isn't anything in particular; floral, green, musk, fruit... What it doesn't smell like is what appeals to me. I get complements on this every time I wear it by both men and women and have never gotten comments on anything else. I had a much older woman sniff me down in line at the supermarket. It's one of those fragrances that people notice when you are close to them, but I really lasts on me, my hamper even smells like this!

on 6/6/2009 9:47:00 AM

I was interested to smell this one since it's so popular. I got the smallest bottle they had Sephora. I have used it several times, I'm still trying to determine if I really like this one. It smells a bit synthetic when you first spray it one, and I can't identify what it smells like. I sprayed it again now in my arm sort of to give it another try and see what the drydown really smells like? I also use this on my girls since it is light and femine.

on 5/31/2009 5:53:00 PM

If you ever watched a QVC airing of philosophy you'd think this fragrance was the nectar of the gods.

I got this fragrance along with the shower gel as a gift with a philosophy purchase. I was actually kinda excited to get it because of all the raves. I like a good, clean, light scent as much as the next person. But the key word in that sentence is the word 'scent'. Why would anyone wear a fragrance that you have to sniff repeatedly to even detect what it is? After a few deep huffs, all I was able to pick up was a vague scent akin to ivory soap.

If you like ivory soap, then I have to wonder why you'd spend the money on this?

on 5/23/2009 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this!! I've been wanting this in roll-on for a while, kept holding off since I have so many perfumes already. My husband surprised me with this and inner grace just a few days ago. The lasting power is amazing, he got me the oil roll-on, and the subdued version of this scent is just perfect for me! the price was so-so, 15 bucks for this, but I guess I can get over that. I'm looking to get the cream to layer!

Popular Fragrances