Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 8/7/2009 4:57:00 PM

Love the light, fresh, clean scent of Amazing Grace. I did take one lippie off because the scent fades rather quickly. I am wondering if the eau de parfum would last longer, I thik I will try that next time.

on 7/24/2009 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I love this. AMAZING GRACE is very soft, feminine and clean.
Itís deliberately close to the skin so just you & that special someone can smell it, rather then the whole street. Being so simple and uncluttered, AMAZING GRACE doesnít smell artificial.
I also love the sleek, simple bottle design.

Sometimes less is more.

Scent notes: mandarin orange, grapefruit, bergamot, freesia, jasmine, rose and musk.

on 7/23/2009 6:21:00 PM

This is my HG scent. I love the clean scent. In the morning when I first put it on I get compliments, but the scent does fade quickly.

on 7/22/2009 11:37:00 AM

I'm a QVC buyer, watcher and internet surfer. QVC has a Beauty hour on Saturday, I know, it's date night but we have 3-year old and Saturdays are rarely date nights for us. Anyway, during this hour, sometime they show some Philosophy products or I get suck into watching an hour of Philosophy. Oh, and the way they present this cologne, I felt like a fool not ordering it. I did and boy, I was not very happy. I didn't think it gave you that after shower scent. It reminded me of my grandmother's scent. It brought back memories but it wasn't the way I wanted to smell either. I gave it a week and just didn't like it. I ended up giving to my mom. She said that she liked it. But, the last time, I went to see her, the bottle was still in the box and that was over a month ago. Oh, well. I told her to pass it on it she didn't like it. I gave it one lippie because it was package nicely when it came in the mail.

on 6/29/2009 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This has been my signature scent for years. I layer it with the body wash, lotion and touch up w/ the oil roll-on for going out. My favorite version of this scent is the body wash, it is the "cleanest' (yet not soapy) vehicle. I like that this isn't anything in particular; floral, green, musk, fruit... What it doesn't smell like is what appeals to me. I get complements on this every time I wear it by both men and women and have never gotten comments on anything else. I had a much older woman sniff me down in line at the supermarket. It's one of those fragrances that people notice when you are close to them, but I really lasts on me, my hamper even smells like this!

on 6/6/2009 9:47:00 AM

I was interested to smell this one since it's so popular. I got the smallest bottle they had Sephora. I have used it several times, I'm still trying to determine if I really like this one. It smells a bit synthetic when you first spray it one, and I can't identify what it smells like. I sprayed it again now in my arm sort of to give it another try and see what the drydown really smells like? I also use this on my girls since it is light and femine.

on 5/31/2009 5:53:00 PM

If you ever watched a QVC airing of philosophy you'd think this fragrance was the nectar of the gods.

I got this fragrance along with the shower gel as a gift with a philosophy purchase. I was actually kinda excited to get it because of all the raves. I like a good, clean, light scent as much as the next person. But the key word in that sentence is the word 'scent'. Why would anyone wear a fragrance that you have to sniff repeatedly to even detect what it is? After a few deep huffs, all I was able to pick up was a vague scent akin to ivory soap.

If you like ivory soap, then I have to wonder why you'd spend the money on this?

on 5/23/2009 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this!! I've been wanting this in roll-on for a while, kept holding off since I have so many perfumes already. My husband surprised me with this and inner grace just a few days ago. The lasting power is amazing, he got me the oil roll-on, and the subdued version of this scent is just perfect for me! the price was so-so, 15 bucks for this, but I guess I can get over that. I'm looking to get the cream to layer!

on 4/26/2009 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I gave a review on pleasures by Estee Lauder, and like that scent, this scent was one of my favorites and that says alot coming from a picky fragrance picker(Not a big fan of Escada.Vera Wang,ect). When I first spray this(everytime) it comes off as strong and kind of bug-sprayish smelling, but once it settles, O-M-G(lol). It smelllllllllssss aaamazing. I can't even describe its scent except for the fact that if floral,feminine scents aren't you're thing, then this perfume is def not for you.

on 4/19/2009 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A screechy, harsh opening, extremely synthetic-smelling. The drydown is a warm musk/rose and very nice.

Popular Fragrances