December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Lip Gloss - The Body Shop - born lippy - strawberry

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ErinElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What I do like about the product is that the color looks beautiful on my deeply pigmented lips and the shine makes them look extra pouty. The two things I don't like are the completely artificial scent and the fact that it doesn't moisturize at all. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I love the strawberry lip balm because it adds a hint of a rosy pink tint on my lips. I've always loved Body Shop's Born Lippy collection because they smell good and are pretty moisterizing. The strawberry smells very nice, like strawberries, and the frangrance isn't too fake. The one thing I'm not happy about these lip balms is that they are quite sticky. Sometimes I apply it with a lip brush rather than my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Rts1

I love the way this product looks right after I apply it. My lips become a slightly rosy red color. I like the packaging because I think it looks cute- I just use a lipbrush or clean fingers to apply so it stays sanitary. I took away one lippie because it could last on lips longer, although in all fairness most glosses don't have a lot of staying power. I think I'll try a natural colored lip pencil underneath to see if it helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2006 10:47:00 PM More reviews by tanangela

Great scent and lots of moisture! No stickiness! Leaves a YLBB color on my lips. This is a definite repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2006 6:46:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

With Born Lippies, it's a hit or miss thing. at least in my opinion. I love the satsuma scent at the shop, and bought it along with watermelon, which smelled kind of iffy at first. I hated the shimmer and the lingering aftertaste of satsuma after I got home but fell head over heels in love with watermelon. When I went to buy a backup of my watermelon, I bought strawberry, thinking it would be a "safe" choice.

Somehow I just don't like the tint and the smell - a bit too artificial. It is not as moisturizing as the watermelon one, for some odd reason, maybe because this is more tinted than the clear-colored watermelon. In any case, I'll still keep an eye out for new born lippies, but definitely won't rebuy this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by sfmaggie

I like the smell.. but, it does nothing on my lip. I don't think I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by KittyScritches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YUMMAYY! I could eat this one!
I was scared to try the Born Lippy line a few years ago but now I'm glad I did. I love the texture and slight tints to them. They really enhace my natural lip colour compared to other products I've used. Oh, and the design of the pot is a fantastic improvement to the pots used for their lip butters.
Strawberry is definitely my favourite Born Lippy Lip Balm!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Fridgie

I am on my second pot and I just am addicted to this. I always wear this on my makeup free days when I want a bit of shine and want my lips to feel soft. This works better than Chapstick I find. The taste and smell is addicting. It has a little bit of color to it but not too much. Another one of my desert island beauty products I would need.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Blurry_With_Happiness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A bit blah generally. It's pretty good and it smells nice, but it's far too sticky and it can't really be worn with anything else. Overall, not worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2005 11:13:00 PM More reviews by kikay_carrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my daily staples, Body Shop's Born Lippy is one of the best lip glosses available today. It deposits the perfect sheen and moisture to my lips. I use this everyday - - both as a treatment and as "make up". Easy on the pocket, and a sensory delight (I just love the fruity scent) Born Lippy is definitely on my "make up must have list".