August 1, 2014 | 1217 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Ericita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!
My skin is so oily that I never thought I would buy a product meant to give me some shimmer. But now that I use mac blot powder my face looks so matte once applied that I needed something to give me a healthy glow ... and this is the PERFECT product for doing so.
Not extremely shimmering, not extremely pigmented: just what I needed.

I'm a NW20 and it's also my blush when I'm on a hurry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Porcelain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am fairly pale with blonde hair and wear this product over bronzer- i find it gives a great healthy glow without looking too shimmery. if there is one shimmery product you should own its this.
what a shame its so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by sarajane927

Okay, so this is my third time owning the Rose Shimmerbrick. I swapped for it once and swapped it away almost immediately, thinking it made me too red (now I realize I was using the wrong brush). Then, I got another one and swapped it away because I thought it was dupe-able. Then, I used my sister's, fell in love, and took it :) Third time's definitely a charm- this is my HG. There is just nothing out there that gives me such a beautiful, shimmery rose glow. I've tried everything- MSF's, shimmer blushes, glimmer strips, etc., etc. This is my go-to when I want to look pretty and polished.

For reference, I'm a very light PPP with blonde hair, hazel eyes, cool undertones and some redness on my cheeks and nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

I live in Asia, where the SB is almost US$38 but after I tried Rose, I don't even care how much this thing costs anymore! The effect is a soft, beautiful yet subtle glow... very satin-y like! As a MAC girl normally, this is my first BB product! I have to say, it really beats the MSFs! BB's isn't even LE!!

Anyway, the effect is a soft medium pink (not actually rosy yet) colour. I really really love it! The shimmer is very fine and it looks different on hand than on the face...

I am C3/NC25/30, MMM Asian skintone and I use alone as a blush. YES, it really is pigmented enough to do this. I tried over 4 blushes already and the effect is always too pink on me - it looks like I have clown-like cheeks! So? Use it alone, it does work! The effect is like satin on your face, you don't even have to worry that it is overly shimmery! Now? I'm off to go pick up Apricot, asap!!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by pink_cosmos

I use this as a blush because it would be too much all over. It is very very shimmery (probably the most shimmery of all my shimmer products) and although I LOVE shimmer, I still find it a little too much most of the time, even at nighttime. I rarely reach for it for this reason, and because it just doesn't look very natural. I dont know what else to say, I think I was a bit disappointed, mainly due to the high price (I think it retails for >$80 AUD, but I got it for $50 from the EL staff shop) and there are just way too many shimmer products out there that are a little cheaper. As a highlighter, I much prefer the Beige Shimmerbrick because it's more versatile - great over blush. If I put the rose over blush it just looks - meh... so I guess I dont have much use for it! It does look nice with it's sleek black packaging, wish cosmetics companies would make their compacts so that it opens up a little more, when fully opened the mirror sits at 90 degree angle and I always have the urge to bend it back further! Maybe its just me...

ps. Kileymc was so much more precise than me and explained it in a way I couldn't think of expressing it! Because I use it as a blush, I need to put a considerable amount just to get some colour (because it's not very pigmented), but by the time I do achieve the colour I want - Ive transformed into a discoball.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 3:57:00 AM More reviews by MarieClaire9

my first shimmerbrick, not my last ;-) i want it all, and i want it now ;-). great product, nice glowing, not too shimmering. perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, this is my only shimmerbrick and it definitely lives up to it's name. It is very shimmery if overapplied. Which is hard not to do because it has very little pigment in it. I really liked this in the summer with little makeup on and still wear it in the winter when I want a rosy glow look. It is a pretty shade of pink, light and natural (for pink). I probably won't buy it again but the container is huge so I wouldn't need to for a few years anyway!!! Beware if you have large pores as the shimmer makes them stand up and say hello, but as I said earlier, a light touch would help with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ic8spots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm a PPP...about as pasty as you can imagine, and i love the way i look in the rose shimmerbrick...it doesn't make you look all glittery and disco-y; more like, just glow-y and pretty. i normally HATE shimmery blushes but love this product. totally worth trying out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kittybrmow

This is my holy grail blush. I have a pic in my profile where I'm wearing this and this give me such a healthy rosey glow. I use this with the bobbi brown face brush. I will never be w/out this and will definitely repurchase if I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by verybridgetjones

I own/have owned all of the BB Shimmer Bricks except one (Beige) and this one is definitely my favorite! Rose is just pigmented enough to leave a rosey "healthy" glow, and I find the shimmer in this on the least overwhelming. I get compliments on my complexion when I wear this by itself, and it looks nice to highlight with a blush as well. I think this applies best with Bobbi Brown's Face Blender brush (which I also LOVE), but most powder/blush/skunk brushes will do the trick because this does not apply too heavily. If you are new to BB's Shimmer Bricks, this is a good one to try first, and I would definitely repurchase if something ever happened to mine.

For the record, I'm NC20, hazel eyes, chocolate brown hair. :D