October 1, 2014 | 1692 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by havenexpress

I absolutely love this shimmerbrick but it IS super shimmery, the color payoff is NOT that great AND my shimmerbrick broke into pieces when I accidentally dropped the compact on the floor. So, why do I love it? Because, with a light hand, it gives me a most amazing rosy glow (I'd pick up only the rosier shades, and not the whites to get better color payoff), and I wouldn't use it all over the face since I don't want shiny t-zone. You can use the lighter shades as highlighter underneath the browbone or as e/s. It absolutely sucked that mine was broken into so many pieces, so I am going to buy another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by nisey_nyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product contains five strips of shimmery powder for use as a highlighter or blush. The strips can be used individually or together. The "Rose" compact contains a white strip, two different bronzy strips, and two different rosy strips.

Although I liked this enough at Bloomingdale's to purchase it, I wasn't impressed with it upon my initial uses at home; I found that it often made me look too red. However, with an easy hand, I can get just the right amount of color and shimmer on my cheeks. A very light application is appropriate for my conservative office (due to the shimmer); a heavier hand makes it perfect for a night out (which is great when touching up my makeup at the end of a long work day).

The packaging is oversized for my taste; the powder is packaged in a large, black, square compact with a large mirror. While I appreciate the large mirror, my makeup bag does not; it simply takes up too much room. I also don't like the square corners on the compact (they jut out in my stuffed makeup bag) and the fact that the compact only opens to 90 degrees (I'd like it to open to 180 degrees). The compact is the same as is used for BB's Pressed Powder, except with a square insert instead of circular.

Given the range of colors in the compact, it seems that I always have a color appropriate for whatever gloss or lipstick I choose to wear that day. I'm pleased overall with this product and will likely purchase again and recommend to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Ericita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!
My skin is so oily that I never thought I would buy a product meant to give me some shimmer. But now that I use mac blot powder my face looks so matte once applied that I needed something to give me a healthy glow ... and this is the PERFECT product for doing so.
Not extremely shimmering, not extremely pigmented: just what I needed.

I'm a NW20 and it's also my blush when I'm on a hurry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Porcelain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am fairly pale with blonde hair and wear this product over bronzer- i find it gives a great healthy glow without looking too shimmery. if there is one shimmery product you should own its this.
what a shame its so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by sarajane927

Okay, so this is my third time owning the Rose Shimmerbrick. I swapped for it once and swapped it away almost immediately, thinking it made me too red (now I realize I was using the wrong brush). Then, I got another one and swapped it away because I thought it was dupe-able. Then, I used my sister's, fell in love, and took it :) Third time's definitely a charm- this is my HG. There is just nothing out there that gives me such a beautiful, shimmery rose glow. I've tried everything- MSF's, shimmer blushes, glimmer strips, etc., etc. This is my go-to when I want to look pretty and polished.

For reference, I'm a very light PPP with blonde hair, hazel eyes, cool undertones and some redness on my cheeks and nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

I live in Asia, where the SB is almost US$38 but after I tried Rose, I don't even care how much this thing costs anymore! The effect is a soft, beautiful yet subtle glow... very satin-y like! As a MAC girl normally, this is my first BB product! I have to say, it really beats the MSFs! BB's isn't even LE!!

Anyway, the effect is a soft medium pink (not actually rosy yet) colour. I really really love it! The shimmer is very fine and it looks different on hand than on the face...

I am C3/NC25/30, MMM Asian skintone and I use alone as a blush. YES, it really is pigmented enough to do this. I tried over 4 blushes already and the effect is always too pink on me - it looks like I have clown-like cheeks! So? Use it alone, it does work! The effect is like satin on your face, you don't even have to worry that it is overly shimmery! Now? I'm off to go pick up Apricot, asap!!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by pink_cosmos

I use this as a blush because it would be too much all over. It is very very shimmery (probably the most shimmery of all my shimmer products) and although I LOVE shimmer, I still find it a little too much most of the time, even at nighttime. I rarely reach for it for this reason, and because it just doesn't look very natural. I dont know what else to say, I think I was a bit disappointed, mainly due to the high price (I think it retails for >$80 AUD, but I got it for $50 from the EL staff shop) and there are just way too many shimmer products out there that are a little cheaper. As a highlighter, I much prefer the Beige Shimmerbrick because it's more versatile - great over blush. If I put the rose over blush it just looks - meh... so I guess I dont have much use for it! It does look nice with it's sleek black packaging, wish cosmetics companies would make their compacts so that it opens up a little more, when fully opened the mirror sits at 90 degree angle and I always have the urge to bend it back further! Maybe its just me...

ps. Kileymc was so much more precise than me and explained it in a way I couldn't think of expressing it! Because I use it as a blush, I need to put a considerable amount just to get some colour (because it's not very pigmented), but by the time I do achieve the colour I want - Ive transformed into a discoball.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 3:57:00 AM More reviews by MarieClaire9

my first shimmerbrick, not my last ;-) i want it all, and i want it now ;-). great product, nice glowing, not too shimmering. perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, this is my only shimmerbrick and it definitely lives up to it's name. It is very shimmery if overapplied. Which is hard not to do because it has very little pigment in it. I really liked this in the summer with little makeup on and still wear it in the winter when I want a rosy glow look. It is a pretty shade of pink, light and natural (for pink). I probably won't buy it again but the container is huge so I wouldn't need to for a few years anyway!!! Beware if you have large pores as the shimmer makes them stand up and say hello, but as I said earlier, a light touch would help with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ic8spots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm a PPP...about as pasty as you can imagine, and i love the way i look in the rose shimmerbrick...it doesn't make you look all glittery and disco-y; more like, just glow-y and pretty. i normally HATE shimmery blushes but love this product. totally worth trying out!